It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Are Beginning to Figure Out Why Conservatives Are…Conservative

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astrocyte

Now how should this be understood? Whats needed here is a 'wide-angled' awareness of the situation. Context. Everything and everything is about context. That's how were able to think reasonably.

General context in terms of history, sociology, economic and other contexts are important. However the most important aspect to any view is to be aware and acknowledge our own conditioned thinking and do our utmost to move beyond a selfish worldview into a more impartial one. Then we see things more as they are.

And this is true whether your conditioned mind tends to the left or the right.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

We will. I think it's time to go read some canon law. Just from what I saw, it is not very compatible with what the founders views wanted here, nor, international law. Makes me question the founders being all Christian.

Not very freedom loving, are you?
edit on 19-7-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Conservatism is the mill stone around the neck of humanity it is the military industrial complex the illuminati it is Islamic terrorism the CIA and the root of most division in society.

In its extreme conservatism is the brutal, paranoid, greedy animalistic side of human nature the petty, sycophantic, pacifism of extreme liberalism is equally destructive.

Stray too close to either ideology and you become the brainless sheep better to keep a cool head in your political thinking a well reasoned, informed and open-minded view beats any tribal minded bigoted attitude.

Left or right it wont do you any good if your not heading in the right direction you’ll just keep going round in circles.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ATSmediaPRO

I find it strange how someone decided humans who are well adapted to the natural world, with strong survival instincts qualifies as "negativity".

So quick instincts and lack of Naivety is a negative trait????

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Yeah there are about a million other things we have to hide from or worry about....but according to the stock liberal all we have to worry about are global warming, sex discrimination, race discrimination, gun control and poverty. Forget that we still have thousands of thermo-nukes, germs, extinction event possibilities....it seems that having a gun might be a good thing if the planet enters a new ice age or gets hit by a solid object or a bunch of infected people decide to escape their infected country by invading a non-infected one. I can understand while smoking a bunch of dope one can tend to alter their mind to forget about these possibilities and possibly permanently damage it enough to never fear catastrophe again, but the more one knows the harder it seems to live in such denial.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: brianporter

I would argue it maybe not conservatism but size, ideologies have no power if they have no size. Only in groups do any ideologies prove a threat and the occasional lone wolf designation basically just means a crazy person, but once groups are formed and their sizes increase and they come into contact with contrary evidence or contrary groups they will tear each other apart, as they should, as all creatures in nature do. Basic biology 101.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join