It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Are Beginning to Figure Out Why Conservatives Are…Conservative

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I don't understand why anyone would take this as an attack. It's pointing out something fundamentally organically different about brains... why one type is conservative and another not. It's interesting and informative not insulting.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ATSmediaPRO

While they might be trying to figure out why conservatives are conservatives : A long time ago they discovered that turning politics into a political sports team mentality is the best way to keep the country distracted from the real issues , do away with common sense and critical thinking.

edit on 41731America/ChicagoWed, 16 Jul 2014 20:41:29 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
But, if we were to have listened to the conservatives a little more, the country wouldn't be so far in debt. Oops, that is off topic. People who are conservative thing differently than those who are Liberals. Thoughts travel differently through the brain.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I read this earlier...

Basically, it says that conservative people respond to fear/anger more so than liberal minded people. They hypothesize that this is a hold over from the Pleistocene era where being always "on guard" and defensive and holding to traditional, familiar values ensured survival.

Well, it's 2014...We don't have to hide in caves with sharp pointy sticks to stave off the monsters anymore...

Give mankind time, we may go back to hiding in caves with sharp pointy sticks, bring the marshmallows.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
What's that say when society can't deal w you being a conservative so much that they have to do a study so they can say something's wrong w you.

Another division tactic

My god I don't want to live on this planet anymore

I wish somebody would do a study on how conservatives became such drama queens. Everything is a crisis, a scandal, a grab, an attack, etc.

I wish someone would do a study on people who are vitriolic and paint everyone with a broad brush.......

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I remember an old saying.

"A liberal is a conservative who hasn't been mugged yet."

lolz

Interesting study.

(as beezzer cleans his guns and stares at the computer screen. . . . )

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

And maybe a conservative is a liberal who hasn't had a spiritual experience yet. :p

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I remember an old saying.

"A liberal is a conservative who hasn't been mugged yet."

lolz

Interesting study.

(as beezzer cleans his guns and stares at the computer screen. . . . )

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.”

Winston Churchill

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
So what this translates to me is:

Conservatives are generally scared and live in fear of god, have guns and are generally paranoid.

Liberals are not scared of the world, feel bad for the less fortunate and put their faith in themselves and science.
edit on 16-7-2014 by FinalCountdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
This is ATS, a conspiracy-related site full of paranoia and angst, we are all screwy here.

and I spent seven years doing that study, lol

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

But, if we were to have listened to the conservatives a little more, the country wouldn't be so far in debt

There's a lot more to a society than just debt, but it kind of supports that point that certain people see everything negatively.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: FinalCountdown
So what this translates to me is:

Conservatives are generally scared and live in fear of god, have guns and are generally paranoid.

Liberals are not scared of the world, feel bad for the less fortunate and put their faith in themselves and science.

Right, like there are no gun toting liberal Christians.

Plus a recent study showed conservative are more charitable.
dailycaller.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

But, if we were to have listened to the conservatives a little more, the country wouldn't be so far in debt

There's a lot more to a society than just debt, but it kind of supports that point that certain people see everything negatively.

Negatively?

Bless you, but do you read the post here?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I read this earlier...

Basically, it says that conservative people respond to fear/anger more so than liberal minded people. They hypothesize that this is a hold over from the Pleistocene era where being always "on guard" and defensive and holding to traditional, familiar values ensured survival.

Well, it's 2014...We don't have to hide in caves with sharp pointy sticks to stave off the monsters anymore...

No, now we just have to be on guard when we go out to get things for our families, or we have to be have a "pointy stick" in the house in case some caveman tries to break in. It's still the same, just different tools. I'll go further to say that it's probably more dangerous now then when cavemen were kicking around.

OT:
Studies like this are flawed, IMO. I will concur with an above poster that I've met far more mentally ill liberals than I have conservatives, but there is definitely those loons in every bunch. It's just that some bunches have more than others(I'm looking at you liberals).

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ATSmediaPRO

It depends on who are the scientists that are defining conservatives.

If they are the people that think states like california and new york are liberal and the opposite are conservatives then they are wrong and the testing is pointless.

I consider myself a true conservative which means i am pro gun, pro marriage equality, pro choice, pro drug decriminalization etc, etc. Conservative because all of those things require a much smaller, conservative government.

Some people would say liberal ideology i guess, fiscal conservatism.
edit on 16-7-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

I agree with the fundamental aspects of what Jesus said.

Namely about their being a Father. Their probably is one. I can't directly prove it yet... maybe one day with his help. I just don't believe he is what you think he is. Nor, the organization you follow, represent him (if he really existed) correctly.

His teachings on how to treat each other, not his promises, are what mattered.

Paying attention to them is the more important part. After all, Jesus did say that 5 virgins will have their oil. Is your lamp filled?
edit on 16-7-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

Nah see my above post.

I've been mugged and done alot of soul searching.
So i believe in a right to carry and arm yourself.. as well as ending all discrimination etc.

Really it comes down to how deeply you think on all issues.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Desktop HD crashed.

Have a new moderate priced one am trying to get set-up.

Until then am using ACER's Chromebook . . . NO CAPS KEY !!!!!!! Don't they know I can't function well without a CAPS key! Sheesh! What's the world coming to. Where was I . . .

Oh, Yeah, we are all equal before The Cross.

I just think the study is . . . not what it's cracked up to be . . . and will be stretched further out of whack by the MSM globalist media.

I saw a post about brain hardware. I didn't see in the OP anything clear or firm about the brain hardware being a set thing at birth toward one or the other. Maybe I missed it. It's not clear to me which came first in terms of the study's findings--the chicken or the egg.

Regardless . . . if the brain hardware leans in a conservative direction somehow--sounds a bit complex a thing for hardware to decide--then great--conservatives have a leg-up compared to the liberals in handling the risks and traumas of life.

Liberals have . . . what do liberals have . . . pondering . . . ponder . . . ponder . . .

Oh, right . . . liberals have Uncle Sam

and

Kumbya

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized

Christ's promises; the Father's promises are part and parcel of who and what they are.

And, if His promises were not dependable, He'd be a fraud.

I've found He's the furthest thing from a fraud.

Besides, He was the original Conservative with liberal compassion. LOL.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

He was the original Conservative with liberal compassion? Pray tell, where do you get your information?

cyruscylinder2013.com...

Cyrus was "prophesied" by Isaiah if I recall my wanna be preaching days correctly. More information here:

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 16-7-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join