a reply to: ATSmediaPRO
1. Haven't read the research . . . except for what's on the OP etc.
2. imho, the average liberal in my experience and on ATS . . . is brazenly and dangerously out of touch with reality so much as to be living in lala
land . . . almost exclusively in the more serious cases. i.e. their degree of being tuned-in to the more substantive, foundational and more serious
issue of life is so abysmal that I don't think their
CONCEPTS of negative and positive bear much congruence with reality.
3. I read the above and I think . . . what a stark statement I've written. Then I review the representative and more vocal liberals I know . . . and
it doesn't seem . . . almost . . . stark enough.
4. Just today a friend of mine was struggling to get colostomy bags for her sister . . . a recent thing. An absurd run around with insurance etc. etc.
etc. Finally, she is on the phone with the supplying company. Note, this is a fairly serious daily need! . . . With a newly done colostomy . . . The
patient and family are in Oklahoma City. The patient's sister on the phone to the supplier company asks if the shipment was sent from their Dallas
warehouse--the closest one. "Uhhhh no. The shipping clerk looked on a map and figured our Northern California warehouse was closer."
4.1 The call was with . . . a Northern Cal person--most likely a flaming liberal. I've run into this with increasing and increasingly alarming
4.2 Yeah, I know. We have some real idiots in conservative land, too. But I've been forced to think that more of them at least know how to tie their
shoelaces and shoot an intruder.
4.3 I wish I was joking. But this is what the research has fostered in my noggin related thereto. Liberals have no clue about negative and positive;
right vs wrong; up vs down; and in terms of left vs right--they seem to think that 99% of the world is "rightly" left and the other 1% on the right
are all the psychotics hypnotized by Rush Limbaugh.
4.4 I still don't understand how the liberal clueless ones who claim there is NO right or wrong can be sooooooo utterly dogmatically convinced that
their screwed up construction on reality is totally 100% and only "right."
5. Conservatives probably have a much keener and more reality based assessment of the structure of reality and the threats involved.
6. Liberals have been depending on Mummy dearest and Uncle Sam for Salvation and everything coming up roses and full of cotton candy and "free" love
for many decades.
7. They have a greatly stunted if not diminished and/or atrophied notion of personal responsibility. It's always someone else's fault over THERE.
And the nanny state is supposed to fix those idiots over THERE and the the liberals can go on continuing to ignore personal responsibilities and their
consequences . . . at typically, conservatives' expense.
8. Conservatives have been more typically taught personal responsibility and the costs and consequences related thereto from toddler stage. We have
had it drummed into us relentlessly that sowing negative seed brings a negative harvest.
9. LIberals still don't seem to believe that. And when the inevitable negative harvest comes in, the wails for Uncle Sam to fix it go out
10. I haven't read anything about the study that indicates whether they have tried to assess which comes first, the chicken or the egg. Do
conservative stances over decades result in brain changes--as they must--as would liberal stances over decades. And what are the implications of that.
11. Or are they really trying to pretend that we come out of the womb liberal or conservative?
12. Personally, I'm wary of anything these days that purports to come from "consensus" of globalist infected academia.