It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio teenager claims Instagram removed photo due to her size

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Death to Instagram, Facebook and the like, they are corrupting vulnerable young people.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: yourmaker
She shouldn't be shamed for it but she should consider eating a better diet and working out.
Yeah you can be overweight or whatever, but promoting that lifestyle is wrong.
Yeah you can love people for being themselves but they should take some responsibility for their body.

You shouldn't be proud to be overweight, only to be yourself. You should actively work to better yourself all the time.

I don't know about instagram's agenda or celebrities who post skanky outfits, just.. stop promoting overweight like it's something you should be proud of when it's clearly a visual of your unhealthy state of being.

sure some people can't help it due to disease and we should be understanding of such things. Just like how we can understand that not everyone needs to be fat either.

Being a guy who is only attracted to larger women, this entire comment made me roll my eyes and think you are a bigot.

Its people like you that make certain people very uncomfortable with themselves when they should be proud to be any size or shape. Heck, just be proud to be alive.

Save your body-hate for dark circles of people who get off on mocking or belittling others. In public its a shame to see.

As for this girl being taken down for her weight? I highly doubt that.

MM

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mr Mask
In public its a shame to see.

That they shouldn't be proud to be unhealthy?

"She shouldn't be shamed for it"

The first thing I said...

"Save your body-hate for dark circles of people who get off on mocking or belittling others"

How is promoting not being fat a dark circle?

"Its people like you that make certain people very uncomfortable with themselves when they should be proud to be any size or shape."

They should be proud of who they are as people, but shouldn't be defined by excess fat that can be worked off with a healthy diet and exercise

edit on 17-7-2014 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

What about fitting inside each other´s lifestyles?

I personally have chosen healthier lifestyle. I love working out (not at gyms), I choose what I eat. In years, it has become part of me. Of course, I expect the same values from my potential girlfriends, having somewhat similar lifestyles, at least when it comes this.

That is the main reason I could never date some overweight. That might be harsh to say, but that is how I look at this. Inside does matter, is the most imporant thing, but respecting your body (respecting yourself) is important as well. Balance between mind and body, personality and looks.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I'm curious as to what part of this girls argument any of you agree with?

She is complaining that there is hypocrisy at Instagram but that is not the case at all. Her account was wrongly disabled after pictures she uploaded of herself were flagged and brought to their attention. They were flagged because they violated the T&C. Upon realizing they made a mistake Instagram reinstated her account, but did remove the pictures in question from her account. She is trying to make the claim they don't want her pictures up there because she is overweight, and this is obvious because other, skinnier users, with racy photos, don't have those pictures removed or their accounts compromised. No way that is true. Like I said before, Instagram doesn't go through every photo uploaded looking for T&C violations. The Instagram community as a whole is responsible for abiding by the T&C, and flagging images that violate those T&C. Which is exactly how her pictures were brought to their attention. They aren't ignoring other users racy photos, they just aren't aware of them all. Maybe some jerks flagged her because of her weight, but that doesn't change the fact that she violated T&C. I personally don't think her pics were that racy but whatever. I'm not Instagram. I don't use Instagram either, nor have I read their T&C. So yes, it is an assumption on my part the issue involved T&C and not her weight. But come on, if they had an agenda against overweight people, they would remove more than just the pics of her in her bra.

“I would like an answer myself as to why so many other photos on other accounts are still up,” Newman told FoxNews.com.

Because tons of people use Instagram and they can't be bothered to look at everything everyone uploads. That's why they rely on users reporting violations of T&C.

“When our team processes reports from other members of the Instagram community, we occasionally make a mistake,” the statement read. “In this case, we wrongly removed an account and worked to rectify the error as soon as we were notified. We apologize for any inconvenience.”

“I’m still going to be the voice,” she said. “I’m just not sure where I’m going to go from here because I’m still angry. But I want to stress that it’s not just about the ‘big girls,’ because I know a lot of thin women who were bullied for being thin. A lot of people have body issues who don’t fit the status quo.”

So what exactly is the status quo and why? I know a lot of skinny people who were bullied. I know fat people who were bullied. I know people who were bullied. Conclusion? Some people are just bullies who will make fun of anything about anyone for the sake of being a jerk.

She vowed not to succumb to “corporate bullies” like Instagram and said she’ll continue to test the limits of social media platforms regarding decency and body image.

Because social media has an agenda to ostracize certain types of people from using their services, and not increasing member counts and data mining everything they can about as many people as they can.

In conclusion, thank you Fox News for the awesome story to make me forget about real world issues, and instead sympathize with a chubby girl who is obviously being persecuted by social media to sway public opinion.
edit on 17-7-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology
a reply to: g146541

Men date fat women because that's what's in their league. That's why you almost never see fit, good looking guys with ugly fat women.

Hahahahah. I'm 6ft3, gorgeous, in amazing shape and packed with charm and charisma. Men don't date fat girls because they are a lower rung on the breeding-ladder you silly goose.

My god...comments like these make me wonder if you even know what its like to be with a woman...never mind her size.

MM

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Why everyone feel the need to post half nude pics of themselves that will only come to haunt them later in life?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Why everyone feel the need to post half nude pics of themselves that will only come to haunt them later in life?

YA!!! Right!? I mean if that's your plan...may as well post total nudes. I mean regret something more worth regretting.

With that said...heeeeey Lysergic...how much you weigh? Wink wink bro.

MM

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Mr Mask

i am 6'2 180lbs 29 years old, and i would say that I have pretty broad array of dating under my belt. I dont think i have a 'type'. Hair color isnt a big deal, i tend to go for shorter girls(but i am 6'2). i would say i have been with girls of allot of different shapes and sizes, i have never been with a bigger girl but at the same time i cant say i wouldn't.

it all really depends on the woman.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: g146541

big girls, nobody wants them except in rare cases.
Truth is, guys want a blonde girl, 5'10, 125 Lbs. with a pretty face.
Mind the gap and raise the bridge.
Unfortunately, many men settle for less or their once trophy wife balloons up and said man is STUCK!
Now I am ready for the flaming, but know what I say is the truth.

You are very wrong. Just because you are shallow, does not mean every man is shallow. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Every man likes different things. I am a man who would be considered attractive by mainstream standards. I would not want the kind of woman you described. I like my woman bigger and with brown or red hair. I always have and I always will.

Its very sad that a lot of people will agree with you. Even woman. Almost every girl I have been with says I am too attractive to be with them because they are insecure about there weight. I just have to shower them with love until they realize that I love them for them.

I guess too each there own. You stick with what you like. I will stick to what I like.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy

You are very wrong. Just because you are shallow, does not mean every man is shallow. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Every man likes different things. I am a man who would be considered attractive by mainstream standards. I would not want the kind of woman you described. I like my woman bigger and with brown or red hair. I always have and I always will.

Its very sad that a lot of people will agree with you. Even woman. Almost every girl I have been with says I am too attractive to be with them because they are insecure about there weight. I just have to shower them with love until they realize that I love them for them.

I guess too each there own. You stick with what you like. I will stick to what I like.

Same here. I'm a total fan if bigger chicks with dark hair. And I also am a guy who can get many girls and have due to looks and charm. Not bragging, just telling these "fat girl haters" that us good looking dudes in great shape laugh when they start preaching what "us guys really want".

Also, you are very right. Every bigger chick I have been with seems to suffer from a self loathing or insecurity (I know some big girls don't but I have not met that kind yet).

From demanding lights off during love making, to feeling uncomfortable when being looked at or touched, to feeling they are not pretty enough due to having curves...its all negative programing from guys who normally can't get laid.

Its true...most these guys barking at body shapes and demanding they "know what guys want" are the dudes at the party who go home alone. Or the losers who fantasize over TV personalities alone at night.

This wigger like his chicks a bit bigger...anyone thinking that is scraping the bottom of the girl-bucket, is most likely a brainwashed media junkie who can't pull chicks of any size.

Go big or go home.

MM

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I remember hearing from a friend that does a lot of website development that Google has a photo scanning feature that detects flesh tones. If there is too much flesh tone it assumes it's a picture of a naked person.

It could be that Instagram/Facebook has something similar or uses Google's photo scanning feature. It could be that it was removed because the amount of flesh tone in the image. If she is underage, it could also be a part of the equation.

However, this is just a working hypothesis.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Amen brother....A fricken men!

I've been with my wife since I was 18 yrs old, but I dated in HS and I have found that there is nothing more attractive than a woman that is confident and comfortable in their own skin. Sadly, most of the woman I meet like that are bigger.

Since they don't have a size that is considered "acceptable" by some people, they either fall into a life of depression or they develop amazing personalities that is rooted in an acceptance that they are who they are. Don't like that....move along.

I like that kind of person because they also tend to be more forgiving of your downfalls.

So I don't know why this girls pic was taken down, but I give her credit for being who she is comfortable being.

ETA Disclaimer: My wife is a chubber...wouldn't have it any other way.

edit on 7/22/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
A very wise man once remarked, 'would you like that person if you were blind?'

Something to think about...

Looks come and go; accidents happen and people are disfigured or come down with illnesses that aren't all that attractive. I often wonder about the people who seem to have married for arm candy and what they are going to do when they not only wake up next to wrinkles and sagging skin, but look in the mirror and see it there also.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I highly freaking doubt someone at Instagram was running around deleting pictures of fat women in underwear. My guess is that a bunch of jackasses or maybe just one flagged the thing as inappropriate because they were less than impressed with her looks.

Turning this into some corporate conspiracy is ridiculous. It was probably a decision made by one person and easily could have been an honest mistake. Imagine having to sort through all those pictures that get flagged everyday. My first glance at the picture I thought she was naked because the bra is a similar color to her skin. If I was going rapid fire deleting pictures that violated T&Cs there is a good chance I would make that mistake. Also, unless you look it appears she's not wearing underwear.

It seems like someone made a mistake, and this gal just got into a new group of fat acceptance psychos and wanted rack up some oppression points. There are weird groups in LGBT and fat acceptance circles that seem to thrive on being oppressed, and when they can't find anything to complain about invent oppression. Accept everyone unless they are fit, straight, and white type of people.

I'm all for people being accepting of those who are different. Things like this are the boy that cried wolf though. If a woman is obviously passed over for a promotion for her size, yeah that's a problem, same with mocking overweight people. Whining about something like this and pretending it in anyway is indicative of some ingrained fat hating culture within social media is ridiculous and detracts from situations where ACTUAL discrimination is taking place. It's impossible for a rational person to see this situation and think that Instagram has a policy or culture of hating fat people. Again, it was probably a mistake, and even if it wasn't it was just one person hitting the delete button.

Why did this thread devolve into whether or not men like fat women? It's not at all germane to the OP, at least not the way it's been brought up.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

This is my own observation.

I have seen many couples where the woman was very attractive with unattractive man and very few couples where the man was very attractive and the woman wasn't. Unless the man was unemployed or had a very low economic status which translates to many very good looking women as being an unattractive trait.

I am sure they exist but I haven't seen too many of them.

Also, not sure what this observation of mine has to do with lesbian dating or how many women I have been with. That connection makes no sense in this conversation.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

i wonder how many people would post pic of them here for people to see

mr.mask it seems like you,my self and a few other people know whats up when it comes to women

@signalfire your post made me think, i am recently engaged and i would 100% be with my woman blind,deaf...whatever. honestly it made me realize man or woman if you have someone you love you should count your blessings

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join