It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comprehensive List of the 5 Most Dangerous Firearms

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The 5 Most Dangerous Guns in America

It's rare to read good journalism, but this hard-hitting piece of investigative journalism pulled no punches and answered all the right questions. The article was an impressive break from the typical gun ignorance so often seen in the MSM, such as the laughable ghost gun interview from a few months back.

The comment section was also chock full of your typical right-winger, gun-toting ignorance.

*sarcasm off*

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Firearms are tools like any other .. its the idiots who use them that are dangerous.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Lipton
Did the author of that piece ever pick up a firearm? Hell, have they even seen a firearm?

What was that about?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

The author of that piece just named every type of firearm as 'the Five'. So basically it is a backasswords way of saying that all guns are bad which is of course what anti-2nd amendment people want you to believe.

edit on 2014/7/16 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lipton
The 5 Most Dangerous Guns in America

It's rare to read good journalism, but this hard-hitting piece of investigative journalism pulled no punches and answered all the right questions. The article was an impressive break from the typical gun ignorance so often seen in the MSM, such as the laughable ghost gun interview from a few months back.

The comment section was also chock full of your typical right-winger, gun-toting ignorance.

*sarcasm off*

Yeah, that was just silly. List almost all the "types" of guns as the most dangerous. I am surprised they didn't include, shoulder fired rocket launchers, RPG's and tanks. LOL

There are no dangerous guns, just like there are no dangerous wrenches or spoons, they are all just tools. The problem occurs when "tools" use tools.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Pistols, revolvers, shotguns, derringers, and rifles... All they did was name the main categories of firearms, excluding military, explosive and muzzle loaders... 90% of civilian firearms fall into these categories...

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888
That's what I'm saying.
The most dangerous gun I have is the ball point pen I'd use in an unsuspecting idiots neck so I can easily take his gun if I were disarmed.
...The most dangerous...
I can't even read the article with such a sensationalist title like that.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

There are no dangerous guns, just like there are no dangerous wrenches or spoons, they are all just tools. The problem occurs when "tools" use tools.

This shows you don't know Jack!
Spoons made me fat!
Ban spoons now!

/sarcasm.

edit on 16-7-2014 by g146541 because: Do you know jack?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
They forgot AOW

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
When I see things like this, it makes me think of this guys letter to a newspaper:

Yesterday I placed my shotgun on the front porch, gave it six shells, and noticing it had no legs, placed it in a wheelchair to help it get around. I left it alone and went about my business.

While I was gone, the mailman delivered my mail, the boy across the street picked up my yard, a girl walked her dog down the street, and quite a few cars stopped at the stop sign near my house.

After 10 hours, I checked on the shotgun. It was still sitting in the wheelchair. It had not rolled outside and It had not killed anyone in spite of many opportunities that had been presented. It had not even loaded itself.

Can you imagine how surprised I was with all the hype about how dangerous guns are and how they kill people? Either the media is wrong and the killing is by people misusing guns or I'm in possession of the laziest gun in the world. So now I'm off to check on my spoons, because I hear they make people fat.

Donald K. Martin, Windsor Locks

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThisIsMyRifle
Pistols, revolvers, shotguns, derringers, and rifles... All they did was name the main categories of firearms, excluding military, explosive and muzzle loaders... 90% of civilian firearms fall into these categories...

ALL firearms fall into those 5 categories.

Military firearms are still either pistol, rifle or shotgun, a muzzle loader is still a rifle and an explosive is not a firearm.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: mwood

A muzzle loader is only a rifle if there is rifling in the barrel. A smooth bore muzzle loader is not considered a rifle. Rifles get their name from the rifling in the barrel.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I've never been attacked or shot at by a gun.

Now people on the other hand. . . .

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
What a joke?! I guess they wanted to "inform" the public without providing any information as to which firearms were good to buy.

The Rolling stone did do one thing, they posted a picture of the one of the most dangerous things to the American national security. Here it is www.rollingstone.com... they should have made sheeple number 6.

Sheeple... who apparently buy Rolling Stone magazines and who believe everything they are told (especially if it comes in little words with little sound bites) and who fervently argue for an easy solutions to any and every little problem that they have.

Sheeple are a progressives wet dream

edit on 16-7-2014 by dieseldyk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: g146541
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

This shows you don't know Jack!
Spoons made me fat!
Ban spoons now!
/sarcasm.

Ahhhh, but I do know Jack, he lives across the street and one door down. On spoons, you are using the wrong kind, you need the ones with the holes in them, it's a combination eating/exercise, takes up to 20 times longer to eat a meal! But remember to use both hands equally to make sure each side is equally exerted LOL.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
If the author had rounded out the list to the top ten, he would have had to include BB guns, squirt guns, Nerf guns, nail guns and pricing guns.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The comments on that article are hilarious - we'll just call this one a "derringer"

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: LadySkadi

I agree. One of the funniest ones I read was the '5 most dangerous criminals' with John Derringer being #5

edit on 17-7-2014 by Lipton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   

LOL. My brother showed me this.
It was so absurd, if I didn't know how crazy anti gun/lefty RS is, I would have thought it was a joke.

In case anyone is wondering, they aren't talking about brands (i bet Glocks would be listed) or specific guns, they mean Pistols as a whole, Revolvers, Shotguns, pretty much all gun types. What was really funny to me was that they included derringers.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ThisIsMyRifle

Muzzleloaders are number 6, she was just to exhausted from research to do more than 5.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join