It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why? (we want/don't want to believe)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
So here it goes: aliens are present on earth, or aliens are just an imagination of lonely( or whatever you want to put in this place)) souls. We talk about them or we deny them. We try to proof that they exist/cannot exists...
THEY ARE PRESENT! - If not in reality they are in our minds. You might deny them or embrace them - doesn't matter - they anyway occupy your mind...
So, my question is: why do we want to believe/not believe in aliens in the first place?

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I want to believe. I hope that their are other life forms out there (right here). Maybe they would be able to teach us humans a thing or two about humanity. Not to mention all the cool technology they have aquired. (if you believe the stories that are out there)
But I don't believe we well ever know until they want us to.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
People don't want to believe because of good old fashioned fear. I want to believe because I want there to be more than this pissant existance on this little rock covered with screamin' selfish apes.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
blend: Do you know what is the reason (conscious or un...) why you want to?

[edit on 2-12-2004 by jazzgul]

[edit on 2-12-2004 by jazzgul]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Der Kapitan
People don't want to believe because of good old fashioned fear. I want to believe because I want there to be more than this pissant existance on this little rock covered with screamin' selfish apes.

so you deny humans?

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
for one reason, I'm sick of wondering if they exist or not. And also I am tired of hearing about the government coverups on the matter. So..

I guess I'm just sick and tired of it all. BUT................I still want to know the truth.
So... like many fellow ats members, I still lurk in these discussion threads hoping that proof will be presented.

For me, its like passing a really bad car accident. You don't want to look, but you have to.

Hopefully you didn't see this reply as rude. I am just giving my honest opinion.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by blend56
for one reason, I'm sick of wondering if they exist or not. And also I am tired of hearing about the government coverups on the matter. So..

I guess I'm just sick and tired of it all. BUT................I still want to know the truth.
So... like many fellow ats members, I still lurk in these discussion threads hoping that proof will be presented.

For me, its like passing a really bad car accident. You don't want to look, but you have to.

Hopefully you didn't see this reply as rude. I am just giving my honest opinion.

I do understand you.. but (there is always "but"
)
Do you mean you want to ("Hopefully you didn't see this reply as rude" ) just WAIT and see what is going to happen?

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
That I believe waiting is all we can do. As with anything that is controversal, there are always two sides to the story. One side to prove, one side to disprove. Problem is that both sides do the job to the best of their ability. So, you always have doubts one way or another. Regardless of the "evidence" that is presented here on a day to day basis, there is always some way to disprove or discredit it. Even if we got rid of the junk replies (the ones that attck the credibilty of the poster instead of the topic at hand) you are always left in doubt.

So when i say I want to believe. I do. But I don't think I will ever be certain until I see one of 'em myself or the evidence presented is conclusive.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by blend56
That I believe waiting is all we can do. As with anything that is controversal, there are always two sides to the story. One side to prove, one side to disprove. Problem is that both sides do the job to the best of their ability. So, you always have doubts one way or another. Regardless of the "evidence" that is presented here on a day to day basis, there is always some way to disprove or discredit it. Even if we got rid of the junk replies (the ones that attck the credibilty of the poster instead of the topic at hand) you are always left in doubt.

So when i say I want to believe. I do. But I don't think I will ever be certain until I see one of 'em myself or the evidence presented is conclusive.

ok, that answered the topic that you want to believe - fine -
- but
my question remains - Why do you choose to?

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I haven't chosen yet.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Why believe?

I believe because I fail to accept that all the stories, photos, videos, crop circles, abductions, etc... are all hoaxes and fakes.

It only takes one of these to be true for the existance of aliens to be true. Thats why I believe. I have never saw an UFO or had any alien abduction experiences. But still see their exsistance more likely then any religion.

Another reason I want to believe is so many things can't be explained today about many things on Earth and beyond it. The knowledge an alien race capable of coming to Earth... must have many answers to those questions.

top topics

join