It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey, remember when Dems supported Religious Freedom Restoration Act? Neither do they!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

So no replies, thanks for trying do, would make you look a little silly defending your right wing agenda when a company uses there god to not cover there employees but make profit off that evil pill.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

You know the cute part, is hobby has shares in medical companys that make contraception pills, its been pointed out on ats already a few times.

But yea its outrageous that politicians do what they do best lie to get elected.

LOL

They're exercising their freedom to spend money as they choose.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Corporate personhood is an American legal concept that a corporation may be recognized as an individual in the eyes of the law. This doctrine forms the basis for legal recognition that corporations, as groups of people, may hold and exercise certain rights under the common law and the U.S. Constitution. For example, corporations may contract with other parties and sue or be sued in court in the same way as natural persons or unincorporated associations of persons. The doctrine does not hold that corporations are flesh and blood "people" apart from their shareholders, executives, and managers, nor does it grant to corporations all of the rights of citizens.

They don't care.

They only thing they want to do is push intellectual dishonesty.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Right wing agenda ?

Thought I was the one fighting against RIGHT WING agenda that say corporate products are 'human rights'.

IE contraception.

Which are NOT, and NEVER have been.

LOL wow!

For the umpteenth time it is NOT the place of government to provide for the materialistc wants of the masses.

IE STUFF.

IE CONTRACEPTION.

IE CORPORATE products.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Sorry and your reply means what?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Oh so you cant answer right, keep on adding whatever you like i asked you a simple question, so your ok with hobby lobby making profit off something they deem evil.

Yes or no is not that hard to reply with.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Just out of curiosity, let's assume that neo96, or anybody else for that matter, believes it's OK for Hobby Lobby to invest in a company which, among hundreds of other products, makes abortifacient drugs. What does that show us? Really nothing. Surely that's between them and their God.

Does that fact reverse the Supreme Court decision? Of course not, not in your wildest hopes and dreams. Besides do you really want to attack everyone who appears to be a hypocrite or promise breaker? If you do, who will run the White House?

Could you contribute something a little more substantial, perhaps why you think it was a bad ruling, or where we should go from here (keeping in mind the fact that the liberal Senate couldn't get a bill through to change the decision). I'd like to hear an honest opinion.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Oh so you cant answer right, keep on adding whatever you like i asked you a simple question, so your ok with hobby lobby making profit off something they deem evil.

Sorry to butt in here, but what "simple question" are you talking about because I haven't seen you use a question mark (?) yet when responding to neo...

Forgot my question mark...? There it is.

edit on 5237x6752America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Do you understand the concept of liberty? That there's a difference between being forced to do something, and choosing to do something?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

Just out of curiosity, let's assume that neo96, or anybody else for that matter, believes it's OK for Hobby Lobby to invest in a company which, among hundreds of other products, makes abortifacient drugs. What does that show us? Really nothing. Surely that's between them and their God.

That is like them who are vocal about hating the miltary using what they created.

The internets.

GPS in their cars.

The radar that is now found on autos that protect people from getting hit.

To nuclear medicine.

Guess they are just as guilty as those who they decry.
edit on 16-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace
I'm sure that in 1993, back before the SCOTUS declared corporations people with religious freedom, the Religious Freedom Restoration Act seemed perfectly reasonable. Although it was never necessary in the first place; as our religious freedom is already Constitutionally protected. Nevertheless, with the direction the SCOTUS has forced us in with the Citizens United & Hobby Lobby decisions, it is abundantly clear that the recent SCOTUS decision is in conflict with the original spirit and intent of the Religious Freedom Restoration Act.

I'm certain that we have all, at some point in time, stood behind something but distanced ourselves from it when it became tainted from outside interference.

I see absolutely zero hypocrisy with Democrats that formerly approved of the Religious Freedom Restoration Act now distancing themselves from it. It's a bastardized law thanks to the worst SCOTUS in the history of America.
Well you really said nothing in your post. How about explaining the way it became "tainted". It won the senate vote 97-3.

Oh also explain how unions are people too

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Senate GOP to Introduce Bill Banning Employers From Dictating Birth Control Choices

If Democrats are intent on staging moronic messaging votes designed to obfuscate the core issue in the Supreme Court's Hobby Lobby decision, Republicans stand prepared to offer their own moronic messaging legislation -- which will at least serve the purpose of exposing their opponents' deliberate distortions. As the upper chamber readies a procedural vote on Democrats' misnamed "not my boss' business" bill, The Hill reports that Senators Mitch McConnell, Kelly Ayotte and Deb Fischer are introducing a Republican alternative that would bar employers from blocking employees' access to contraception:

The Huffington Post groans that "the GOP bill would change nothing, because women can already legally access contraceptives approved by the Food and Drug Administration." Correct. Thank you, HuffPo

What a FARCE !

The faux outrage about Hobby Lobby.
edit on 16-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

You know the cute part, is hobby has shares in medical companys that make contraception pills, its been pointed out on ats already a few times.

But yea its outrageous that politicians do what they do best lie to get elected.

LOL

They are exercising their rights to be hypocrites. They are against it when it takes money out of their pocket but for it when it puts money in their pockets.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

You have your terminology and your concepts all messed up but anyway, you're just wrong. It's not an issue of "that say corporate products are 'human rights'" whatever the hell even means.

The real issue for most of us is quite simple.

Corporations are not individuals and should not be afforded the same protections as individuals.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Moresby

I understand what behing a hypocrite is do, there free to not pay a dime for something they believe is wrong, but make a profit is ok. Thats not liberty thats behing full of #.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: xuenchen

LOL

They are exercising their rights to be hypocrites. They are against it when it takes money out of their pocket but for it when it puts money in their pockets.

I knew it.

I knew it !!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Who is exercising their right to be hypocrites ?

Those who rail against corporate welfare then turn around and support free contraception which is ?

Wait for it ?

Wait for it ?

Wait for it ?

CORPORATE WELFARE !

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Yeah someone does have their terms mixed up.

As the entire progressive agenda is CORPORATE WELFARE.

Rob from the haves, and give to the have nots so they can go out, and buy more stuff.

Or make someone else pay for those corporate products that STILL enriches them evil corporations.

Meh.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Thanks grammer police, i do apologize that at home growing up we didint use english as much, and now its the third language spoken at my house.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: theantediluvian

Yeah someone does have their terms mixed up.

As the entire progressive agenda is CORPORATE WELFARE.

Rob from the haves, and give to the have nots so they can go out, and buy more stuff.

Or make someone else pay for those corporate products that STILL enriches them evil corporations.

Meh.

That's what you think corporate welfare is? I'll give you a right-wing source that might help you understand. Tad DeHaven from The Cato Institute wrote Corporate Welfare in the Federal Budget back in 2012. He estimated corporate welfare to cost about $100 billion a year, but that's a fairly conservative estimate. Other sources like Citizens for Tax Justice estimate it as high as $181 billion.

Subsidies, tax deductions, tax credits, etc. Millions and millions of dollars are spent lobbying to make sure the gravy train never ends. Both parties are responsible for corporate welfare.
edit on 2014-7-16 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join