It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suggest communities to welcome illegal "children" based on the rhetoric of their representatives

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Just remember what happened to the original xenophobic racist bigots who fought against unchecked immigration to their lands. Too bad they didn't have and weren't able to enforce a coherent set of immigration laws. If they had, our lives today might be very different.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Native Americans fought amongst themselves for land and food. With my Native American ancestors, their tribe was almost completely wiped out by another tribe. Throughout history we have fought over lands and created Countries. None of has anything to do with what happened over 200 years ago, nor could we influence the results of what happened back then. It is 2014 and we have become the United States of America with borders and laws.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

No, I understand that, but they didn't want to have their lands and homes invaded either by outsiders whether you are talking about other tribes or Europeans.

Today when we express those same sentiments, we are called xenophobic racist bigots for doing it, and it was my husband who pointed out the comparison, and he had a full-blooded grandmother.

Also, the very same people who will call you a xenophobic bigot for not wanting to be invaded by these illegals will also turn around and point out how your European ancestors invaded the lands of the Native Americans in a similar fashion. It's a big hypocritical mess. If the Native Americans were victims, then so are we. If we are xenophobic bigots, then so were they.

edit on 19-7-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

OH I get it now! Sorry, I was confused. Usually when people bring up the Indians, they are pro -illegals.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

No, don't get me wrong, I feel very much for these people. Their homes are a mess, but at some point, they have to bear some of the responsibility for that. If they want that to change, they need to band together and do it themselves by working to make their homes what they want. They can't just up and go any old place they like and expect to take whatever they want from that new place. And I suspect it's that attitude they have that they can and will that is part of the reason why their countries of origin are such crap holes to begin with.

If they want to fix that problem, they will have to fix themselves first.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I feel for anyone who is suffering in any way. The thing is, we have poor, hungry and homeless people right here. We have kids in some neighborhoods who can't even play in their own yards for fear of rape of getting shot or knived. Yes, they would do good to stand up for themselves in their own Country or maybe we should help them with their uncaring government.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I just saw a news item that Alabama is getting a bunch at an Air Force base in Montgomery. I live in Alabama and can tell you that there are lots and lots of really poor children in Montgomery. I also have no doubt there are many homeless children in Montgomery. So these American children will not get the same level of medical care, food, and housing as these children in the country illegally.

This is a crime against the American children. I also have to say with great regret, that most of the really poor children in Montgomery are black. So our current Administration is blatantly discriminating against our own poor, homeless children in favor of the illegal children.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Interesting how people are more concerned now with the children in the "Palastine" area than they are with the children in our own country.

It seems that even on ATS our own humanitarian disaster has been swept under the rug. We forget these things too fast.

ATS has forgotten this humanitarian disaster faster than it forgot the kidnapped girls in Arab countries who are being sold as brides and prostitutes. That means all that people have to do who create these awful events through action or inaction is just wait and the people in the US will forget all about it.

Shame on us!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join