It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suggest communities to welcome illegal "children" based on the rhetoric of their representatives

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

I have a more important question for you: Exactly how many of these immigrants should the U.S. accept? We can't take all of the neglected children in the world so where do we draw the line? At some point we have to start saying no more.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: itguysrule

When American children can migrate and apply for refugee status in Bolivia, the liberals will say "that's almost the stopping point".

As long as America has a tax payer remaining the left has money to burn.......

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

grandmakdw, Schools out, there's always a Rash of Troll's with an Overly Active Progressive Liberal Gland actively working the summer months here.
They never contribute, just ignore.

Now, S & f.
The way I see it, before any city or state accepts any of these adults / children / pregnant teens, they need to accept our homeless first and foremost.
I read an article where we have thousands of homeless people and cities and counties have made laws that keep them from sleeping in public places and so on.
( give me a second,,,,,,,,found it )

More Cities Are Basically Making It Illegal To Be Homeless

It's illegal to be homeless, you can be arrested for being HOMELESS!!!
But not arrested for being illegal???? Some thing Terribly Wrong Here,,, Don't You Think?

WASHINGTON -- Since the Great Recession, many American cities have sought to eradicate homelessness not so much by giving people shelter, but by making it illegal to be homeless.

Citywide bans on things that homeless people need to do to survive are on the rise, according to a new report by the National Law Center on Homelessness & Poverty. Key findings from the center's survey of 187 U.S. cities show that since 2011:

Citywide bans on camping in public have increased by 60 percent.
Citywide bans on begging have increased by 25 percent.
Citywide bans on loitering, loafing, and vagrancy have increased by 35 percent.
Citywide bans on sitting or lying down in particular public places have increased by 43 percent.
Bans on sleeping in vehicles have increased by 119 percent.
"There is a severe shortage of affordable housing and a lack of emergency shelter options in our communities, leaving homeless people with no choice but to perform basic acts of survival in public spaces," law center director Maria Foscarinis said in a press release.

"Despite a lack of any available alternatives, more cities are choosing to turn the necessary conduct of homeless people into criminal activity," Foscarinis continued. "Such laws threaten the human and constitutional rights of homeless people, impose unnecessary costs on cities, and do nothing to solve the problems they purport to address."

Linky,, illegal to be homeless
Don't get me wrong, No Thread Drift Intended Here At All, I just thought, Hey! Take Care Of Our Own First!
Besides,, that's a bonus for the Dem's, our homeless are legal, so voting Democrat should be a breeze.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Stupid ATS will not post everything I wrote.
edit on 16-7-2014 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
delete
edit on 16-7-2014 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

If you could point out where Jesus condoned theft, it'd be appreciated.

Thanks.

Can't pass this one by, although I don't see where the question of thievery arose in Blackmarketeer's post. Nevertheless...

Luke 23:39 And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us. 40 But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation? 41 And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss. 42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. 43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

He also said this, which seems more appropriate to the topic at hand.

Matthew 19:14 King James Version (KJV) 14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

edit on 16-0720147-1414 by gwynnhwyfar because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-0720147-1414 by gwynnhwyfar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Hey if you see Jesus, you can tell him the border is off limits, the manger is closed. He is not wanted here. Go away. I'm sure he'll understand, he's probably used to that sort of response.

My post was simply pointing out the sheer hypocrisy of the certain so-called "Patriotic Christian Evangelicals," screaming about the "invasion." We have a pastor (Robert Jeffress) in the news saying that Jesus would put up a fence, to others manning the guns to drive them out - especially as many of these "Christians" pose as pro-lifers when it suits them.

The intent of the OP in making a clearly inflammatory post for political baiting is not lost, if he or she wants to debate rhetoric there is plenty of it - along with hypocrisy - coming from our right wing "Christians." We have a humanitarian crisis unfolding on the border, we have a do-nothing Congress whose laws acerbated it, and the only solution we come up with is send children back to their fate (or doom) in Central America. Amazing, how we never had a problem invading these countries over the past century for American Imperialism, installing puppet regimes for our corporate benefit keeping the countries mired in political turmoil as it suited us.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Fine..so asking for facts to back up claims is now considered trolling..lol

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
Fine..so asking for facts to back up claims is now considered trolling..lol

It is when you're giving an answer and you ignore that answer because it's not the answer YOU want or you can't follow a link.
Which is it?
Here is your answer again.

A Public Health Crisis at the Border
Detained children must be screened more rigorously for communicable disease.

Diseases that are endemic to other countries are not always the same ones that we face in the United States. This is a medical observation, not a political one, and it is the reason immigrants who enter this country legally face rigorous screenings in advance of entry for sexually transmitted diseases, active tuberculosis, new strains of influenza, leprosy, cholera, and plague.

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention require that all legal immigrants receive a medical exam. Proof of vaccination is also mandatory for measles, mumps, rubella, polio, tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis, haemophilus strains, hepatitis A and B, rotavirus, meningococcus, chicken pox, pneumonia, and seasonal flu.

None of these rigorous screenings can be done in advance of entry on people who enter this country illegally and undetected. And once people are detained, the screenings they receive are not nearly as rigorous or effective at controlling the spread of disease. This is the reason that we have a potential public health crisis along our southern border.

Link

The hordes of illegal immigrant minors entering the U.S. are bringing serious diseases—including swine flu, dengue fever, Ebola virus and tuberculosis—that present a danger to the American public as well as the Border Patrol agents forced to care for the kids, according to a U.S. Congressman who is also medical doctor.

This has created a “severe and dangerous” crisis, says the Georgia lawmaker, Phil Gingrey. Most of the Unaccompanied Alien Children (UAC) are coming from Central America and they’re importing infectious diseases considered to be largely eradicated in this country. Additionally, many of the migrants lack basic vaccinations such as those to prevent chicken pox or measles, leaving America’s young children and the elderly particularly susceptible, Gingrey reveals.

illegal spread

“The influx of illegal aliens has serious hidden medical consequences,” writes Madeleine Pelner Cosman, “We judge reality primarily by what we see. But what we do not see can be more dangerous, more expensive, and more deadly than what is seen.” Her report further states, “many illegal aliens harbor fatal diseases that American medicine fought and vanquished long ago, such as drug-resistant tuberculosis, malaria, leprosy, plague, polio, dengue, and Chagas disease.”

Public Health
Same as before.
edit on 16-7-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I feel sorry for these little kids, -that their parents won't provide a safe, loving home for them and instead USE THEM to try and invade another country illegally. But they gotta go home. No person should ever welcome a criminal into their home or neighborhood. Most of them can't speak English anyways. Maybe the politicians who are for this will want Americans to learn to say "welcome" in Spanish? Nothing would surprise me at this point. But again, I do feel for the little kids, but it's their lousy parents' fault, not mine.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I wonder what congress would do if we started dropping them off at all the gated communities they live in. I would like to know who gave them the money for all the bus rides to get here.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

Disease Threat From Immigrant Children Wildly Overstated

Before demonizing undocumented children, we should look at the facts: The vast majority of Central Americans are vaccinated against all these diseases.

Vectors or Victims? Docs Slam Rumors That Migrants Carry Disease

“There is a long, sad and shameful tradition in the United States in using fear of disease, contagion and contamination to stigmatize immigrants and foreigners,” said Arthur Caplan, director of the Division of Medical Ethics at New York University’s Langone Medical Center and a frequent NBC contributor. “Sadly, this letter which rests firmly on innuendo and fear-mongering proudly continues this unethical tradition.”

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

The Myth of the Diseased Immigrant

But as numerous sources, most notably The Texas Observer and the New Republic, have reported, the immigrants have more to fear from us than we do from them. The fact is, children from Guatemala, where health care is fully subsidized by the government, have a better chance of being vaccinated than kids in Texas, where one in six people is uninsured.

And guess which side is, of course, using unsubstantiated claims..

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I say send them to the sactuary cities. These are the cities that offers illegal immigrants sanctuary and let them deal with the mass of problems that all come along with such. That way when it becomes too much, look at them and say you wanted to welcome such into your communities, you keep and deal with such, we are not taking them back.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Last I checked the Bible says to follow the laws of the land. By coming here illegally they are not doing so, and should be promptly be sent away. Any child following the legal path should of course we welcomed by all.
edit on Thu Jul 17 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

But as numerous sources, most notably The Texas Observer and the New Republic, have reported, the immigrants have more to fear from us than we do from them. The fact is, children from Guatemala, where health care is fully subsidized by the government, have a better chance of being vaccinated than kids in Texas, where one in six people is uninsured.

Nowhere in that article does it talk about actual conditions of the immigrants. So if there is a myth, that article did not dispel it.

The author also clearly lacks understanding of how diseases spread, and that 1 person with lice or scabies can infect all of them in a brief period.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Nowhere in that article does it talk about actual conditions of the immigrants. So if there is a myth, that article did not dispel it.

The author also clearly lacks understanding of how diseases spread, and that 1 person with lice or scabies can infect all of them in a brief period.

You're correct and the author also uses two news outlets that are questionable.
The New Republic for one, it's first glaring articles reads like this:

Right-Wing Xenophobes Are Spreading Lies About Migrant Diseases
Welcome to the latest chapter in America's long, ugly history of nativism

link
A little Bias,,,,,,,
Then there's the The Texas Observer that was used, it's a Blog and the article was wrote by a sixth-year MD/PhD student at the University of Texas Medical Branch and the Institute for the Medical Humanities.
I suppose this blogger Rachel Pearson actually went there and checked it all out.
I don't think so, she uses UNICEF reports and statements from United Nations Children’s Fund and lest but not last an author of three books, Marc Siegel.
OccamsRazor04, good job,,,,

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I've given this issue some thought.

The government won't enforce the law.
The illegal aliens break the laws that the government won't enforce.

The argument given? Is emotional. "You are racist" or "Jesus hates you because he wouldn't do this" are the only responses to the government not enforcing and illegals openly breaking the law.

And you have to ask yourself, why.

Does the government want no borders?

Does our government want the US to even be a country anymore?

Do those that want illegal aliens crossing over freely even want an America anymore?

Apparently not.

Really, it's the only thing I can think of. Sure, these people and those in government obviously hate America. They want to see America destroyed. They want to remove all borders and open up the (near empty) coffers to anyone and everyone who wants in.

You can spout racism while destroying America.
You can cry, "WWJD" while systematically destroying America.
The politicians can lie and obfuscate while destroying America.

So we either are a country with borders, a country with laws, or we aren't.

And if we aren't, what are we? Open property free to any country that does respect sovereignty? If that is the case, and we are ceding any claim to being a country, can I make a humble request?

Canada, please invade us.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join