It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TYT: Kansas Gov Sam Brownback Fulfills Promise To Destroy Kansas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

When Brownback won against a Democratic Governor he inherited a surplus on there budget. He then predictably did what republicans always do, Tax breaks for the rich and business. It was claimed these tax breaks would amount to $105 million, but in reality they have amounted to $700 to $800 million, in a state that has a total budget of $6 billion. They must balance the budget so predicably they are cutting education budget so the rich keep there tax breaks..

And now he is blaming Obama because there hasn't been a rise in employment and the people he predicted to move to Kansas has not materialized.
edit on 16-7-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
And now he is blaming Obama because there hasn't been a rise in employment and the people he predicted to move to Kansas has not materialized.

Why not blame Obama? I know it worked for Democrats with Bush.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Sure would be nice to actually see these claimed numbers.

Is there any genuine sources that have the balance and budget sheets ?

Might be worth analyzing.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I love then never ending demagoguery about them evil rich folks.

Take a good GD look at Detroit, and Chicago,California where the mob ate the rich.

Ya know those progressives utopias.
edit on 16-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

I agree.

If you don't raise taxes and remove freedoms; the terrorists win.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I know right. I like TYT in general but the progressive agenda is so overwhelming with that program.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Wait just a second here. I Live in KS and the past year alone have seen a huge rise in people moving here. School system has not changed, plenty of work; replacing all the lazy ones also and cheap houses! Opp's! Cost's have gone up due to people moving in, still under 10K! I got mine for $500 + $500 labor although took a month just to clean the yard!

Now I might not have any paperwork, nor pictures even! I do work in a very small town; so small people drive by 3x just to see what ones doing in their yard!, Yet have sold so much Lumber in the past 6 months, not only have 10 houses been built, everyone's either adding on or redoing something in their own Home. Excluding the people moving here.

Although a lot of sales of Farmland, lately. Smaller Farms mainly due to age, 90+. Although the death rate has jumped since last year. $2500 just for an acre depending if irragated. Taxes? Have not hear One B about it, something was passed last year about some Tax Break's for 10 yrs, although Farmers Do Cry No matter How Good it is!

Now this is from CO to say Hay's KS, nothing in that sq but small towns and farmland. excluding Dodge City, Garden City and Hays since comparing them to say, Denver, Co would not even hit say Limon, CO. So His story does not seem to fit in with anything on this side of KS! Taxes are Cheap really unless a tree happens to spring up in ones yard; add $10 for the year!

Peace

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

They called the reductions a reckless fiscal experiment and suggested Brownback’s administration has been hostile to public education.

I'm sure "They" are a bunch of Progressive Lefties, right?

Well....

The disaffected Republicans include outgoing Insurance Commissioner Sandy Praeger, three former Kansas Senate presidents and three former Kansas House speakers. More than half are former legislators, and the list includes former U.S. Rep. Jan Meyers, who represented the Kansas City-area 3rd District from 1985 to 1997. They announced that they formed Republicans for Kansas Values because of their concerns about the aggressive personal income tax cuts enacted at Brownback’s urging.

Oh dear!

It would seem that Brownback's Golden Shower experiment has been a complete failure.

The Kansas City Star

new topics

top topics

join