It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Naval Ship Bombs Palestinian Children on Gaza Beach - Killing Four

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosha

If not for the Iron Dome, there would be thousands of dead Jewish, Christian, and Muslim Israeli citizens by now. You conveniently ignore that reality and make the absurd suggestion that the IDF is intentionally killing civilians as opposed to rooting out cowardly Hamas militants that have embedded themselves and their arsenal among their civilians.

I truly feel for the innocent Palestinians caught in the crossfire, but the Israeli government was forced to take this action to stop the barrage of thousands of missiles being fired on their civilians, and root out the dozens of underground tunnels that are near completion which would have allowed militants to surface on Israeli soil and commit further acts of terrorism.

It's easy to claim the high moral ground from the safety and comfort of your home isn't it?

Furthermore, this is not a debate to be won or lost, and if that's your motivation, that says a lot about you as a person. This is a sensitive, emotionally charged topic, and innocent lives are being lost. I am trying to convey the underlying cause of this situation from another perspective so that those that are unfamiliar with the root cause of this conflict can understand why it's happening.

But I suppose it's easier to simply suggest that the Israeli government is evil and seeks to kill innocent children. If that is what you truly believe, there is really no point in trying to have any further objective dialogue regarding this matter. We will agree to disagree and I'll leave it that.

Peace.

edit on 22-7-2014 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosha
Stop being a child. Israel breached the Nov 12 ceasefire without a peep from you.

Wrong again, funny how you ignore these from the Hamas terrorists...

November 12 After a relatively calm night, Gaza gunmen fired nine rockets at southern Israel. Seven rockets were fired at the Negev region and two towards Ashkelon

Palestinians fired over 20 rockets at Israeli cities[citation needed]. For the first time, a Grad missile was fired toward Dimona, home to Israel's Negev Nuclear Research Center. Seventeen Grad missiles were fired at Beersheba. One rocket directly hit a store in the city, lightly injuring one woman. Another exploded into a car, setting it on fire. Several other buildings were reportedly damaged. Additional rockets were launched at Ashkelon and the Eshkol Regional Council. The Iron Dome defense system intercepted some 15 rockets. Israeli authorities asked residents within range of rocket fire to remain within 15 seconds of a bomb shelter at all times. Municipalities in the region, including those of Beersheba, Ashdod and Ashkelon, cancelled school for the following day.[303][304]

On 15 November, all schools within 40 kilometers of the Gaza Strip were closed down, and 13 Israelis were injured during the night. One rocket struck an apartment in Kiryat Malachi, killing 3 civilians, including a pregnant woman. The victims were Mirah Scharf (25), Itzik Amsalem (24), and Aharon Smadja (49).[305][306][307] 5 were injured in the same attack, including children and infants. A house in Ashdod and a school in Ofakim were also struck by rockets.

Over 1,456 rockets were fired at Israel between November 14 and 21.[308][309] Rockets were fired at Jerusalem for the first time and at Tel Aviv for the first time since the first Gulf War.[310][311]

As of November 19, over 252 Israelis have been injured in rocket attacks since the start of the operation, as reported by Magen David Adom, Israel's emergency medical services.[312]

On November 20, two Israelis were killed by rockets, one soldier and one civilian. The victims were Corporal Yosef Partuk (18) and Elian Salam Id Alanbary (29).[313]

en.wikipedia.org...

Why did you ignore all of those attacks?

Again, you cannot demand of others what you do not demand of yourself.

Well, Hamas terrorists have vowed to destroy Israel, yet they and their supporters whine when Israel defends itself from these terrorist attacks!

Once again Israel accepts latest cease fire proposal, and Hamas rejects it again, for the third time since the conflict began. So as is obvious Hamas terrorists do not want to stop fighting.
edit on 22-7-2014 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce
Well, Hamas terrorists have vowed to destroy Israel, yet they and their supporters whine when Israel defends itself from these terrorist attacks!

Once again Israel accepts latest cease fire proposal, and Hamas rejects it again, for the third time since the conflict began. So as is obvious Hamas terrorists do not want to stop fighting.

You really dont get it do you...

ISRAEL *IS* DESTROYING PALESTINE RIGHT NOW IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE...and you are trying to tell me that a threat to do likewise back to Israel makes THEM the aggressors??

DO you really think people are that dumb to fall for this twisted abuser logic?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

ISRAEL *IS* DESTROYING PALESTINE RIGHT NOW IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE

Still wrong - they are attacking Hamas terrorist targets. but as we have seen Hamas use civilians as human shields, they also hide their rockets in schools etc.

DO you really think people are that dumb to fall for this twisted abuser logic?

Well, some people fall for Hamas terrorists propaganda!

Hamas could very easily stop the attacks, but they prefer not to and have the gullible push their propaganda.
edit on 22-7-2014 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Humanity4Ever

If not for the Iron Dome, there would be thousands of dead Jewish, Christian, and Muslim Israeli citizens by now. You conveniently ignore that reality and make the absurd suggestion that the IDF is intentionally killing civilians as opposed to rooting out cowardly Hamas militants that have embedded themselves and their arsenal among their civilians.

I truly feel for the innocent Palestinians caught in the crossfire, but the Israeli government was forced to take this action to stop the barrage of thousands of missiles being fired on their civilians, and root out the dozens of underground tunnels that are near completion which would have allowed militants to surface on Israeli soil and commit further acts of terrorism.

It's easy to claim the high moral ground from the safety and comfort of your home isn't it?

Furthermore, this is not a debate to be won or lost, and if that's your motivation, that says a lot about you as a person. This is a sensitive, emotionally charged topic, and innocent lives are being lost. I am trying to convey the underlying cause of this situation from another perspective so that those that are unfamiliar with the root cause of this conflict can understand why it's happening.

But I suppose it's easier to simply suggest that the Israeli government is evil and seeks to kill innocent children. If that is what you truly believe, there is really no point in trying to have any further objective dialogue regarding this matter. We will agree to disagree and I'll leave it that.

Peace.

Cant attack the argument so attack me as a person..BINGO!

IDF is currently bombing a hospital in full view of a press corps that can verify not a single rocket was fired from that location or has been fired in retaliation. Ditto Wafa and Alq hospitals. NO rockets came from THOSE buildings. Israel IS intentionally targeting civilians and members of the Knesset have clapped hands in glee to say so publicly. You are calling them liars?

The lie of self defense is just that..a flagrant easily proved LIE.

YOU are ignoring that the aggressor here since 48 has been Israel that has been occupying this peoples land and restricting basic human rights in an ever increasing choke hold for 70 years. Israel even on its BEST day is STILL barring legal, civil and social rights and not to mention restricting the movement of over 4 million people, controlling every aspect of their lives even right down to caloric intake when it suits them. Thanks to global Zionist media control you cannot see this daily and ongoing abuse..so to you it just isn't happening.

We are here on this site to challenge and DENY ignorance not cultivate it. Why are you here?

In pontificating about tunnels and retaliation strikes, YOU are ignoring that the Palestinians have a LEGAL right to retaliate against occupation completely. THEY have the right to armed resistance to occupation and Israel are the occupying group.

YOU are trying to legitimatize a colonialist doctrine of totalitarianism and abuse that has surpassed Nazi ambitions in its shame, a regime based on a level of human barbarity that has infected the world and then you stand here blaming the victims of that barbarism for fighting back. This is Orwellian and the lie has gone on long enough.

I have fought this war against willful abusers and their twisted scenarios of logic my entire life and very very personally. I know the dynamic, its cost and consequences intimately. I hardly sit in my comforts and point fingers. I claim the ground under my feet as I have earned it the hard way, the honest way.

edit on 22-7-2014 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   

YOU are ignoring that the Palestinians have a LEGAL right to retaliate against occupation completely.

Once again you have to make silly stories up- Israel is NOT occupying Gaza... and also ignore the fact that Israel has a legal right to defend itself against Hamas terrorists

THEY have the right to armed resistance to occupation and Israel are the occupying group.

Except for the fact that Israel is not occupying Gaza - but you claim that they are! You must know more than one of the founders of Hamas!

In 2012, the co-founder of Hamas, Ismail Haniyeh, the Hamas prime minister, stated that Gaza was no longer occupied.[127][128]

en.wikipedia.org...

You are just pushing propaganda by Hamas terrorists.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Was that before or after they attacked kids in the street with bombs in 2012? Starting what turned out to be 100 tons of bombs dropped at the exact time kids switch from day to evening classes?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Update:

- Human Rights Council 21st Special Session: Human Rights Situation in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including East Jerusalem: www.ohchr.org...
Israel holds obligations as an Occupying Power. For Palestinians in Gaza and in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, the current reality is not just one of repeated conflict but also one of protracted occupation, with insecurity and a constant daily struggle for human rights, in particular the right to self-determination. In Gaza, the blockade and Access Restricted Areas continue to undermine the human rights of the population. In the West Bank, ever expanding illegal Israeli settlements; settler violence; demolitions of Palestinian homes; the Wall and its associated regime; excessive use of force; and large scale detentions of Palestinians are some of the ongoing, routine abuses and human rights violations committed against the occupied population.

- NOW 7pm AEST 23/7: GAZA first news from Khezaa.. Eyewitness: "We are still trapped in khuza'a and more than 40 deaths here and tens of injuries are still lying on the streets." HR activist on the ground inside Khuza. Residents in Khuza'a say the shelling is so intense that ambulances can't reach the dead and wounded (again like Shujaeya)

- France Airlines, Brussels airline, Dutsch KLM airlines, GermanWings, Lufthansa, Swiss airlines, Australian airlines, Delta, USA United US have all ceased flights to Israel in protest of Gaza operations.

- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry landed in Israel for talks. cnn.it... ignoring flight bans.

- Chan 4 report from Shifa hospital. blogs.channel4.com...

- Khanyunis: 4 people bleed to death after being injured. The Israeli army refused to allow the ambulances inside Khanyunis to evacuate them.

- Reports flooding in Israel has begun dropping white phosphorus bombs on Gaza city. "Latest reports say Israeli aerial and ground forces are using white phosphorus bombs to pound several residential areas across the besieged Gaza Strip. The lethal bombs violate all international conventions and are considered as banned weapons in civilian areas. This comes as a Norwegian doctor in the besieged coastal enclave has recently criticized Israel for using cancer-inducing bombs against Palestinian civilians. Medics say some Palestinians in the besieged enclave have been wounded by a new type of weapon that even doctors with previous experience in war zones do not recognize." - the source was chan4 in the Gaza strip. I have not been able to verify this through HR sources yet. I will if independent verification on ground comes in.

- In what qualifies as nearly unbelievable, reports began circling today that the USA was preparing to send 2000 troops to support the IDF in Gaza. Information was reportedly downloaded to wiki leaks outed the plan etc etc..these have since been viewed for what they are..a sick satire and worse, an active disinformation campaign effort attempting to undermine the effort to expose IDF propaganda. www.theepochtimes.com...

- Latest from UN :: Live now in Geneva. UN Human Rights Council going through catalogue of human rights abuses by Israel. webtv.un.org...

- UN Geneva reports that the UN is now feeding 67% of population in #Gaza. Int'l community must live up to their obligations.

- Pictures surface of al Wafa and al-Aqsa Hospital bombings and evacs activist1.wordpress.com...

- Same blog Urgent Plea from Dr Gilbert at Shifa hospital - currently overwhelmed with critical injuries and coming under tank fire as well. activist1.wordpress.com...

- And last but not least..HelloBruce still can't seem to get it through his skull the entire country is Palestine and the entire country is being occupied by Zionist military forces. He cannot accept that Palestine has been occupied and some parts under increasingly severe restriction since 1948 as that would mean Israel would be held accountable to its OBLIGATIONS as an occupying power which is has so far, failed to step up to. Palestinians even those living within in the state of Israel still fall under Military rule and law not civilian law, have movements restricted and are denied basic social and civil rights. He ignores the fact that the s/o Israel has no legal right to self defense as an occupying force and continually blames the victim and feels it is just unfortunate that the worlds most sophisticated and well funded military cannot distinguish between an armed Hamas member and 4 kids on a beach or a 3 month old child, or a pregnant woman. He ignores the fact that world Jewry stands with Palestine and many Holocaust survivors also stand with Palestine. He ignores..truth.
twitter.com...

edit on 23-7-2014 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   

YOU are ignoring that the Palestinians have a LEGAL right to retaliate against occupation completely.

Once again you have to make silly stories up- Israel is NOT occupying Gaza... and also ignore the fact that Israel has a legal right to defend itself against Hamas terrorists

THEY have the right to armed resistance to occupation and Israel are the occupying group.

Except for the fact that Israel is not occupying Gaza - but you claim that they are! You must know more than one of the founders of Hamas!

In 2012, the co-founder of Hamas, Ismail Haniyeh, the Hamas prime minister, stated that Gaza was no longer occupied.[127][128]

en.wikipedia.org...

You are just pushing propaganda by Hamas terrorists.

The next paragraph after your quote you conveniently left out

Human Rights Watch has advised the UN Human Rights Council that it views Israel as a de facto occupying power in the Gaza Strip, even though Israel has no military or other presence, because the Oslo Accord authorizes Israel to control the airspace and the territorial sea.

The quote from Ismail Haniyeh was made before operation 'cast lead' took place, wonder what he would say now? The only person pushing propaganda here is you.

edit on 23-7-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Breaking: IDF orders the evacuation of Shifa hospital in Gaza.

-Destruction in the area of Zanna eastern khanyounis, Israeli tanks pulled out in the morning
twitter.com...

- OCHA update: (UN) www.ochaopt.org...

- Terrifying footage of families fleeing bombing from Shujaiyah
www.facebook.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Breaking: Israel's GPO just sent out a notice telling journalists that entry and exit from Gaza suspended till further notice.

Norwegian Dr @ Shifa Hospital " In Gaza there is no medical capacity for 4 thousand injured people. Half of these people will die after first-aid" "If the attacks on Gaza dont stop & the emergency aid doesn't arrive the death toll will be about 3 thousand"

MSF/Doctors without Borders, a night in Shifa Hosptial ( now under orders to evac)
www.msf.org.za...

The deafening silence on a Hamas proposal for a ten year truce.
mondoweiss.net...

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Updte:

-Gaza Death toll now 678, 4700 wounded.

- UN resolution S21/L1 (draft), US declines, many abstain, is still passed with 27 votes.
twitter.com...

-South Africa kicks out Israeli ambassador, Scottish Govt condemns collective punishment & Swedish royals join pro Gaza protestors

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Last post for me. I'm leaving a vale here for my good friend, mad polyglot, loving father and brilliant journalist Rashid S who has died in ICU @ Shifa hospital from head wounds after IDF shelling of his home. I find I am no longer emotionally able to to sit here debating about this situation any longer, at least not for a while so I'm heading off for a bit. Stay safe everyone. Ro

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Sorry to hear that.

I don't really need to say more or give a second line. Everyone knows how i feel about these war crimes.
edit on 23-7-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Never mind...I swore I'd stay out of this rat's nest.
edit on 23-7-2014 by JohnnyCanuck because: ...just because

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

- Pictures surface of al Wafa and al-Aqsa Hospital bombings

Let us look at al Wafa hospital....

So Hamas terrorist were using it as a base to attack Israel from, Israel checked there were no civilians/wounded in it then attacked it. Turns out there were rockets stored there, you can even see the secondary explosions!

yet some people here still defend Hamas terrorist
edit on 23-7-2014 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

- Pictures surface of al Wafa and al-Aqsa Hospital bombings

Let us look at al Wafa hospital....

Yes lets. You fail to tell everyone that this footage you post was taken days AFTER the Al Wafa hospital had already been bombed by IDF and had been evacuated .

It had no civilians or patients in it by then as they had already been bombed by IDF and were ordered out by IDF forces. The 4th floor was hit with patients STILL IN IT by the IDF BEFORE this rocket fire began from a then empty hospital and from the time stamp, a full 3days later.

These Al Wafa patients several in coma and most unable to walk on their own, were forced to evac to Al Aq which was then also bombed so then patients nearly 500 from the two, were evac'd from there to Shifa which is itself now under intermittent tank fire and order to evac.

The great and moral and mighty IDF is chasing the crippled dead and dying around Gaza. How fkn brave of them.

It is also not RAW footage as IDF will not release their raw footage to be scrutinized.

I'm back posting this today because I made a promise to a good friend to not let a lie be told if a truth was present and that matters to me and the kids of Gaza are worth it. But up yours bruce...your baiting self serving blatantly puerile post is cowardly, it justifies NOTHING and you could also have a least held your infernal tongue for just a day.

9 reasons why Israel is under rocket attack

Medical workers killed, 25 medical facilities bombed

Gaza Cease-Fire Dynamics Explained

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Yes lets. You fail to tell everyone that this footage was taken days AFTER Al Wafa had already been evacuated .

yes, evacuated as the Hamas terrorists wanted to use it as a base. Yet the Hamas supporters find nothing strange about that!

It had no civilians or patients in it

As Hamas terrorists threw them out.

The great and moral and mighty IDF is chasing the crippled dead and dying around Gaza.

Still wrong, it is the Hamas terrorists chasing them out of hospitals so they can use it as a base - just watch the secondary explosions on the video, a sign of rockets that were stored there exploding. The only reason they are dead or dying is the thousands of rockets Hamas terrorists have been firing into Israel for years...

But up yours bruce...

You seem upset I am pointing out what Hamas terrorists are up to, using schools and hospitals to store their rockets! But as we see, Hamas supporters do not like the facts. The fact is Hamas started this, and Hamas have refused to enter a ceasefire.

news.yahoo.com...

Hamas do not want a ceasefire as they love how the gullible are falling for their claims, and they show they do not care at all for any Palestinian deaths. Hamas could stop this immediately if they wanted to, but as we have seen they do not want that.

Last post for me

Just as accurate as you other statements!
edit on 23-7-2014 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

(post by Rosha removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

Sorry to hear that.

I don't really need to say more or give a second line. Everyone knows how i feel about these war crimes.

Thank you for your humanity. Rashid was a scientific journalist and astronomer, he had already lost his family in earlier bombings, I try to resolve that he goes to be with them.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join