It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Naval Ship Bombs Palestinian Children on Gaza Beach - Killing Four

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Humanity4Ever
France has had to quell protests that turned into riots wherein Muslim fanatics started attacking synagogues. It's not the first time either.

Ppl need to go and google that story again..research..see twtr for the voice of people who were there...go see for yourself...get the entire picture that includes the documented fact that " Good Night Left Side" neonazi's bearing star of david and iron cross insignia had been attacking pro Palestine protests for HOURS...then after changing uniforms began attacking Jewish synagogues.
Get the WHOLE picture..

Latest undermining of Israel's stated intentions in Gaza at this time...aka why Hamas *cant* back down.
http://_national_report_dot_net_/israel-begins-construction-concentration-camps-outside-gaza/

The sentiment behind this report was publicly confirmed today when Israel Katz called “....for Gaza to be bombed so hard the population has to flee into Egypt."
rt.com...
edit on 20-7-2014 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
How it works

Zionism 5th column wants world at war

more also from their own mouths..
twitter.com...

The good thing is, people the world over are standing up. Even in Tel Aviv, protests are ongoing and defiant despite arrests and intimidation. Protest inside Israel are increasing and even in the Knesset, ppl are starting to speak out against zionist nazism in a manner they haven't in my lifetime. Ive not seen this level and nature of civilian mobilization in support for Gaza ( certainly not from the West) in over 25 years of international political activism. It needs to continue. People through fear will smile to Israels face but behind closed doors...they know *exactly* whats going on.....now is the time to man up and stand speaking that truth publicly. The time to act is now, we may not get another chance. So overall, good job humanity! Keep re-searching, keep the pressure on! Ultimately the truth will speak for itself.

Ro

Sitrep:

470 registered deaths, though estimates of those still buried under rubble make for over 500 now dead including 13 IDF troops, over 4000 people severely injured, 70% women and children, including 50 IDF troops, 1.2 million now displaced, 100 thousand overnight fleeing to UN shelters, one half of Gaza population with out basic sanitation or water supply, and Shifa hospital, one of the last remaining coming under attack frequently. Medics, journalists and infants, social services, fielding journalist, 'safe zone' hotels, schools, mosques and community projects deliberately targeted. Source : Joe D, Independent journalist in Gaza [RWOB]

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Unveiling Israels propaganda or " Hasbara"

"Hasbara is a form of propaganda aimed at an international audience, primarily, but not exclusively, in western countries. It is meant to influence the conversation in a way that positively portrays Israeli political moves and policies, including actions undertaken by Israel in the past."

IDF openly admits to paying the Israeli student body to enter Facebook, twitter, here, any blogs forum etc..anywhere there is a negative view on the IDF or Zionist policies. Students are paid between 2 and 20 thousand dollars depending on their success and "vigor". This tactic is not new, and to be fair was also a tactic used by Allies during the 1st and 2nd world wars after Hitler began dropping propaganda 'leaflets' , literally - inscribed leaves with Reich propaganda onto French towns.

The phenomenon of active spread of disinformation though, at this level, is new to some people recently joining the struggle for truth, so I post this here as a little insight.

During this latest IDF operation, this slightly tongue in cheek image along with copies of the IDF propaganda booklet was sent out to supporting groups as a reminder, its been very useful in chopping the head from the lying snake that is 'truth management operations'.

Wherever propaganda stems from, dis information is worse and does more damage than no information..so fact checking and more importantly, CONTEXT checking of all info given to you is essential. We have noticed that in this latest round, the zionist owned national media in the west has been using more and more subliminals - pictures of one thing, while ticker or headlines are of another- to try and get around ppls conscious critical thinking capacities. It is important to ask, 'what else '......often.

Ro

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Corruption Exposed

No need to apologize my friend. Everything you stated was right on the money about our Government. I separate government from the people. I may speak out against American foreign policy but believe it does not reflect the mindset of most of its citizens. The same goes for Israel, China, Russia, U.K, Pakistan, etc.

Global patriotism is needed in this world instead of national patriotism. The idea of all souls possessing the devotion to work for the common good of all of humanity is what is needed in this world; opposed to identification and devotion only with a nation-state. We need to embrace patriotism without borders instead of the old world paradigm of patriotism that silently evokes the ideology of "us against them" way of thinking.

^^^^ That is what will end all conflict.

edit on 20-7-2014 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
As the death toll passes 500, Shifa hospital is pounded and overflowing with victims, and now Al Asqa Hospital loses its 4th floor to targeted artillery strikes. Medics, doctors and civil defense vehicles are being bombed and intentionally targeted. Al Aqsa hospital's surgical, medical and ICU units were targeted with many injuries including 25 medical staff.

In a declared ceasefire, yesterday a civilian was shot dead by sniper fire as he searched for his family. Video below. [graphic]
electronicintifada.net...

From the words of those who were there on the ground with him...

The Israeli military just shot a Gazan man trying to reach his family, during an announced ceasefire. He was with a group of municipality workers and international human rights defenders who were attempting to retrieve injured people in the Shujaiya neighborhood. “We all just watched a man murdered in front of us. He was trying to reach his family in Shujaiya, he had not heard from them and was worried about them. They shot him, and then continued to fire as he was on the ground. We had no choice but to retreat. We couldn’t reach him due to the artillery fire and then he stopped moving.” Stated Joe Catron, US International Solidarity Movement (ISM) activist in Gaza. “Shajiya is a smoking wasteland. We just passed two bombed out ambulances.”
The Israel military has also shelled Red Crescent ambulances as they attempted to retrieve injured people in the Shujaiya neighbourhood, east of Gaza City. A ceasefire was announced, during which injured and dead people, could be evacuated from the area, in which at least 60 people have been killed today. “They said we would be able to evacuate the injured from the disaster zone, but they have been shelling ambulances,” stated Dr Khalil Abu Foul of the Palestinian Red Crescent, speaking from Shujaiya. Now, the international volunteers, including some from the US, the UK, and Sweden, are in a rescue centre on the outskirts of Shujaiya.

Gaza's Ministry of Health has appealed to the WHO, the UN, and the Red Cross to ask Israel to stop targeting medical crews.

These war crimes are indefensible...

edit on 21-7-2014 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosha

I can't think of any other country in the world which would be able to get away with such outrageous crimes.

The lack of condemnation by Western governments - in fact any government - is sickening.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I have been paying attention to your post, giving you a star because of your willingness to share facts; facts that I find plays with my emotions. I try to project a fair mindset concerning this ongoing conflict, and not try to take sides, but I'm only fooling myself. What Israel is doing is just evil, I don't care about the cause or the ideology of " they have right to defend themselves" when mass slaughter by a sophisticated army in such a callous manner is taking place.

The Palestinian people have a right to autonomous way of life not subjected to oppression. They should not be killed when they protest against being subjected to daily demoralizing and demeaning acts committed by Israel. What an f********* unfair world we live in. And it is sickening to know based on what I have been reading throughout this site, concerning this topic, that I share it with f******* non-compassionate people who condone this behaviour because of being indoctrinated with twisted ideology based on propaganda.

Those people who justify the killing of innocents for political reasons are f********* in the head. Look at this photo of the young boy being hauled off by the IDF taken a few years ago. Look how scared he was that he pissed his pants because they slapped and kicked him so hard. Look at the look of sheer terror on his face because he knows what is coming his way. They did things to him that I'd rather not discuss at the moment. Look at the soldiers faces.

Hurt and unrelenting abuse like this combined with daily dehumanizing acts (that often is ignored by the media) will make many grow up to fire rockets at Israel. I'm not saying I condone that behaviour; but I completely understand.

Those that justify Israel's actions at the moment: Look at this photo and FEEL some compassion for that little boy who is about to get his spirit broken in the most sadistic way that is not only the ultimate war crime but a crime against humanity. C'mon people...like WTF!!!!

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Involutionist
What Israel is doing is just evil,

Yet the Hamas terrorists firing thousands of rockets for years at Israel is not?

The Palestinian people have a right to autonomous way of life not subjected to oppression.

Yet Israeli's have no right to live not constantly attacked with rockets?

They should not be killed when they protest

They are not being killed for protesting...

What an f********* unfair world we live in.

Yes,why can't Israel just accept the thousands of rockets fired at it by terrorists! Damn the Jews for trying to stop the attacks!

And it is sickening to know based on what I have been reading throughout this site, concerning this topic, that I share it with f******* non-compassionate people who condone this behaviour because of being indoctrinated with twisted ideology based on propaganda.

How about the behaviour of the Hamas terrorists attacking Israel for years - but that seems to be acceptable behaviour, according to you!

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Buddy, look at that photo. Your reasons do not justify 7 grown ass soldiers hauling off a child. Look at the faces of the soldiers, especially the one holding the child. Look at the face of that child. You have to be one sick person to even read what I wrote and try to justify it.

I don't condone Hamas behaviour. I don't condone killing anyone. If that was an Israeli child I would be speaking out to denounce it as well.

YOU are a very unfair and non-compassionate soul.

edit on 21-7-2014 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

I appreciate the sentiment, but if it were Hamas militants with an Israeli child, the child would be dead.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Involutionist

Thank you for your post.
That image is indicative yes, though it is of a little girl not a boy.

Israeli academic promotes raping of Palestinian mothers/ women as 'deterrent'. Hear his own words on radio here:
www.alternativenews.org...

Net's comments about 'telegenically' dead Palestinians have nazi roots.
firstlook.org...

A 20 yr old expat from Gaza answered questions AMA on Hamas and Gaza on Reddit....I implore everyone to read..all the way to the end as she has some very good insight into the issue and context of Hamas's role in Gaza
www.reddit.com...

122 civilians have been killed overnight in a near constant bombardment of towns along the border. The death toll is now passing 570 registered deaths [PMH] over 4000 critical injuries, 1.4 million displaced. Three hospitals have been bombed.

Latest images showing destruction at Al-Aqsa hospital where 5 were killed and 50 wounded
twitter.com...

According to Palestinian Resistance, 67 Israeli soldiers were also killed and 150 injured.

More IDF ordinance per square km has been dropped on Gaza than the entire first month of ww1.

Latest ACAPS brief: www.acaps.org...

Storm Clouds Gathering expose from a few days ago...3 murdered Israel teens pretext and the Gag order placed on the call that shows 'kidnapper' was speaking Hebrew.
www.youtube.com...

Clearly fleeing civilians..deliberately targeted.
twitter.com...

The only truth that matters..dead..is dead..murder is murder.
twitter.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

a reply to: Involutionist

I appreciate the sentiment, but if it were Hamas militants with an Israeli child, the child would be dead.

Hamas were the only militant resistance force within the Palestinian territories actively working to STOP rocket fire into Israel.

People keep saying " if only Hamas would stop peace would come Palestine could be free"
That is a lie..a specious self serving propagandists lie.

I quote here from the AMA on Reddit the other day which sums up the dissonance of that lie perfectly.:

The West Bank is a perfect experimental ground for this line of thinking. There are no rockets coming from the West Bank, yet Israel continues to detain Palestinians without charges, continues to build new settlements, and continues to demolish residential housing of people it 'suspects' of a crime that it can't even charge them with. Settlers continue to move there, and openly engage in killing Palestinians and destroying their properties, while seizing their homes and Israeli military, instead of intervening and preventing such acts, not only stands by and allows this, but also prevents any Palestinians from intervening.

If Hamas ceases resistance..this is Gaza's fate as well, a return to imprisonment and siege while the world, not seeing the reality of life in Gaza on daily basis.. toddles off to entertain itself on the next 'shiny thing'.

In fact, as I think it is so important to context and denying ignorance..I will post the entire relevant section of conversation here.. it can be sourced here: www.reddit.com...

IamA Palestinian citizen living in Gaza, AMA! by riyadhelalamiin IAmA [–]cfbrat 7 points 4 days ago

He is actually correct, if you look at the timeline of when the current round of bombing began. You may think that Hamas initiated this rather than retaliated to it, but here is what Israeli sources corroborate on the topic: There has been so much raw information, misrepresented information, and sheer deliberate misinformation that it is becoming increasingly difficult to separate facts from propaganda. OP is correct in saying that Hamas didn't fire any rockets and even sent active patrols to prevent others from launching rockets (and Israeli news sources even corroborate this) since the 2012 truce. They didn't start firing rockets until the Israeli bombing of Palestinians and Hamas began anew - which began prior to Protective Edge.

The prisoners freed as part of the truce were rearrested, several homes (residential, not military targets, even by Israel's admission) were demolished based on suspicion alone. You may call bias into this, so I will use only Israeli sources here: Since the 2012 ceasefire Hamas has refrained from rocket attacks on Israel. I know what you're thinking - rockets were coming out of Gaza and landing in Israel between November 2012 and now, and that's definitely true. But these rockets didn't come from Hamas and more importantly, Hamas was trying to stop them.

Hamas deploys 600-strong force to prevent rocket fire at Israel www.timesofisrael.com... Hamas arrests terror cell responsible for rocket fire on Israel www.timesofisrael.com...

An Israeli army general says Hamas is stopping attacks against Israel and even ‘keeps the peace’ when the IDF operates along the border. 972mag.com...

So now that is out of the way let's look at this conflict from where it started (some will say it started with the death of 2 Palestinian teens who were shot during a protest) but I'll say it started with the kidnapping of 3 Israeli teens in the West Bank. After those teens were kidnapped the Israeli government started rounding up Palestinians and arresting them, many of those arrested are still being held without charge. At the time Israel was saying that the operation was under way in order to find the kidnapped teens. Later on it was revealed that the Israeli government knew that the teens were dead but issued a gag order as to the evidence that would suggest that while at the same time insisting they were alive and maintaining that the operation in the West Bank was to find the kidnapped teens.

Details of the ’100′ call (the local equivalent of 911) and what investigators discovered in the car used for the kidnapping of three Israeli teens earlier this month were well known by security service heads, top ministers — and even journalists — early on in the affair; but not by the public because it was all placed and kept under a tightly held gag order. The blood found in the car, the sound of gun shots in the emergency call, evidence of live ammunition and the fact that there hasn’t been a single instance of two or more people being held hostage in the West Bank in decades – all that led to a single logical assumption: the teens were no longer alive. Yet at the same time, the Israeli public was told the teens were being held by Hamas, and a public campaign calling for their return was launched. 972mag.com... As this all happened, Israel's government was blaming Hamas for the kidnapping of the teens - despite showing no evidence to support that claim.

As far as is known, the Hamas leadership in Gaza was not part of the chain of command behind the abduction, carried out by a Hamas cell from Hebron on July 12. www.haaretz.com... But despite all of this, Hamas didn't react. They continued trying to stop the rocket attacks on Israel and were hoping that the unity government that was just set up would give them a diplomatic way to deal with the prisoners. Keep in mind that while these attacks didn't come from Hamas (Hamas takes responsibility for their attacks, they denied involvement in the ones preceding the Israeli retaliation) Israel would always strike Hamas targets in retaliation. Then came the straw that broke the camel's back, at least for Hamas: Hamas has had no interest in a major escalation, and had not been directly attacking Israel until the last few days. But ever since one of its members, Mohammed Obeid, was killed in an Israeli border attack at the end of last month — an apparent error: the IDF thought it was firing at a rocket-launch cell, but actually struck Hamas members deployed to prevent rocket fire — it has changed its approach.
www.timesofisrael.com...

One of their members was killed by Israel while trying to stop rocket attacks on Israel. For the first time, Hamas started firing rockets back at Israel and took full responsibility for firing those rockets. Say what you will about Hamas, but they fully admit when they are launching rockets and when they abduct Israelis - and their operations have been focused on military targets.

That voice..the one in your head that sees the word Hamas and automatically hears "terrorist'' ? Just pause a minute...think about how that got into your head in the first place hm?

Rosha

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Someone takes your home, arrests, kills, and displaces your family. Then you grow up and witness them still doing the same things. You react outwardly to this oppression and your the terrorist?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Humanity4Ever

Uh.. wrong. I think you are thinking of the two Israelis arrested for burning a Palestinian schoolboy to death a few weeks ago?

What is that opinion based on? So far in this conflict you have Israel with over 400 civilians killed and maybe 180-200 militants. They've killed over 70 children. Then you have Hamas killing 20-30 Israeli soldiers and 2 civilians (one of which was aiding Israeli soldiers at the border.

There is nothing to support your statement.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

If the Palestinians have at all become animalistic in their response to imprisonment in any way..then it is not only understandable given their treatment at IDF hands, it is because ISRAEL has driven them to it by decades of blockade control and murder.

Understanding why does not make firing missiles 'right' any more than targeting civilians in Gaza is 'right'. However understanding where you are going wrong does provide an explanation and ground for what Israel can do to stop this once and for all and lays the responsibility and ultimate accountability in their hands. You cannot imprison an entire population and expect them to lay down like doves. That expectation, its sheer arrogance and convenient side step from responsibility is Israels dissonance.

What Israel would not tolerate for itself, it cannot meter out to others.

The real-fact though is , that despite your claims the Plaestians have NOT descended into total social obliteration and animalism which the founding of schools universities, community projects and groups has shown The people of Palestine plant and they build in response to Israels destruction and they do so without cement...without nails and without tools, freely available to Israeli settlers.

The sad irony is Israel is turning the Palestinians into the early Hebrews who were also asked by their overlords to build bricks with no straw...yet they can't see it..dont want to.

The reality is Palestinians have retained their dignity and soul despite enormous pressure of a kind you in your arm chair have NO IDEA about. Israel on the other hand..has not. Israel has gone insane.

What you seek to do unto others..you do to yourself. Literally.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow
with Israeli planes that had their markings removed.

Yet another silly story from you,

Signalman Russell David testified that he saw Israeli insignia on the attacking jets and reported this to the Captain. Most conspiracy theorists have ignored David’s testimony. • Conspiracy theorists have also ignored Captain McGonagle's sworn testimony that the attacking torpedo boats were flying Israeli flags: When the boats reached an approximate range of 2,000 yards, the center boat of the formation was signaling to us. Also, at this range, it appeared that they were flying an Israeli flag.

www.sixdaywar.org...

Machine gunning unarmed soldiers from boats, soldiers floating in the water?

More nonsense from you...

MCGONAGLE: Immediately after the ship was struck by the torpedo, the torpedo boats stopped dead in the water and milled around astern of the ship at a range of approximately 500 to 800 yards. One of the boats signalled by flashing light, in English, “Do you require assistance”? This was confirmed, under oath, by Chief Communications Technician Harold J. Thompson: THOMPSON: ... I was asked to report to the bridge, which I did. When I got up there, Signalman David was attempting to rig a hand light. I assisted him. We went to the starboard wing of the bridge and one torpedo boat was making a run straight at us off the starboard beam while the other two stood off. At the Captain’s direction, David sent, “US Naval Ship” “US Naval Ship.” When they were about 500 yards off, the torpedo boat turned astern and came up on the stern on the starboard side and flashed, “do you need help.” ... The Captain ... said “no, thank you.” We sent this back to the boat ... and saw on the last part of that message ... “Do you want us to standby?” I passed this word to the Captain. He said, “no, thank you.” We sent this to the patrol boat. They came up along the port side, I say roughly 100 yards off, flashed “good luck” ... and disappeared. That was the last we saw of them. In addition, note that contrary to Ennes’s claim, neither the Captain nor Chief Communications Technician Thompson mention any Israeli machine gun attacks on the Liberty after the torpedo attack; on the contrary, they both recounted Israeli offers of assistance.

I'd love for you to explain why they didn't have their planes marked, and why they shot unarmed men in the water

The planes WERE carrying Israeli markings, they did not machinegun people in the water - what is your source that they did?

Lol.. I love your source for that information. Unfortunately there were still sailors from that ship alive to tell the true story. I guess you ignore their testimony which can be found online easily.

They absolutely did machine gun people in the water. The ship was even flying a flag to symbolize it was neutral.

If you don't know anything about the event why are you even talking about it? Do you not realize that this attack went on for 2 hours? That they even reported the ship as American to their hq and continued on attacking?

And they did absolutely machine gun the life boats. It's a fact. Whether they killed anyone that way or not is not known because they lowered the boats empty and Israel started to machine gun them to prevent their use. Sailors were swimming to them. 34 people were killed, but it was pretty chaotic. So I may be wrong that someone was killed in the lifeboats, but Israel absolutely violated the geneva convention by machine gunning lifeboats.

Also there was an undoubted cover up. The sailors that saw what happened were told not to tell anyone and they were all threatened (including below deck sailors) with fines of 10,000 dollars. Listen to Ron Kukal who was below deck and saw people killed by the torpedo and also Phil Tourney.

It was 100 percent deliberate. All the sailors know it. They all have different reasons for believing. Some believe it was a false flag, some think that Israel was attacking the US because they thought we were capturing info that they were going to take the Golan heights which the US advised them not to. Whatever the reason, it was no accident.
edit on 21-7-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

If Hamas was interested in negotiating a two state solution, would their charter call for the elimination of Israel as a sovereign entity?

As for Hamas not seeking an escalation in violence and trying to prevent missile attacks, I can't take those claims seriously. The sources you posted are incredibly biased, and the information is predominantly propaganda.

Look no further than recent history. In 2005, the world applauded Israel when the government extended the olive branch towards a peace treaty by relinquishing a significant piece of land near the Gazan border to Fatah, the current moderate leadership in control of the West Bank. The IDF had to forcefully remove 40,000 Jewish settlers from their homes, uproot graves in Jewish cemeteries, and abandon schools and synagogues.

Do you know what the response was to that unprecedented gesture by the Israeli government? Within 48 hours, Hamas militants overtook control of Gaza by murdering Fatah politicians; they actually threw them off of rooftops as a show of force. Shortly thereafter, Hamas seized control and began to use that land to launch missile attacks on the Israeli population from close range. Israel tried a diplomatic approach and it backfired.

As long as Hamas is in control, there will never be an everlasting peace treaty or a two state solution, and I don't blame Israel for refusing to negotiate with a terrorist regime.

If ALL of the Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza are unified under a single entity; humane, moderate, diplomatic leadership at some point in the future, there might be hope for peace.
edit on 21-7-2014 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-7-2014 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Yeah well war is war... Nobody is safe nobody is excluded not even kids

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
BINGO!

Please see my post on Israeli propaganda tactics. Not buying it.

You do realize that Unity Government was exactly what Hamas and Fatah were working toward when this all began right?
The primary reason this latest slaughter is occurring at all is that talks were becoming too successful and this combined with UN recognition of Palestinian statehood, was not 'ok' with right wing nut jobs in the Knesset. Net was pushed and pushed until he signed the papers..and voila...over 500 dead Gazans.

If you want to use this Hamas document constantly in arguments, then you need to also read propaganda of the other side...and if you do so as a scholar not an ideologue, you will soon be compelled to concede that BOTH sides are ( in print) as bad as each other as far as rhetoric go.

There are always two sides and in this situation, actions speak louder than words. Hamas *was* the only restraint on greater force being used against Israel in the area and now they are demonized..well..the result long term is anyone's guess now.

My posts above stand....if it was just about Hamas then the West Bank would not still be an imprisoned population. Truth speaks for itself.

Something poignant from the reddit discussion the other day :

"Israel isn't a good guy and Palestinians aren't bad guys. The entire region is made up of people with PTSD and trust issues, and on each side there are 3 camps: We Want Peace (WWP), We Want Peace but We're Still Pissed and Scared (SPS), and # Those Guys (FTG). Every time, WWP and SPS are working together and (sort of) making progress. Then some member of FTG, or some random idiot, does something that SPS from the other side will blame on FTG. Then both sides' SPS factions get all riled up and WWP loses any handle it had on the situation. Bomb Lather, rinse, and repeat. "

If Hamas was interested in negotiating a two state solution, would their charter call for the elimination of Israel as a sovereign entity?

As for Hamas not seeking an escalation in violence and trying to prevent missile attacks, I can't take those claims seriously. The sources you posted are incredibly biased, and the information is predominantly propaganda.

Look no further than recent history. In 2005, the world applauded Israel when the government extended the olive branch towards a peace treaty by relinquishing a significant piece of land near the Gazan border to Fatah, the current moderate leadership in control of the West Bank. The IDF had to forcefully remove 40,000 Jewish settlers from their homes, uproot graves in Jewish cemeteries, and abandon schools and synagogues.

Do you know what the response was to that unprecedented gesture by the Israeli government? Within 48 hours, Hamas militants overtook control of Gaza by murdering Fatah politicians; they actually threw them off of rooftops as a show of force. Shortly thereafter, Hamas seized control and began to use that land to launch missile attacks on the Israeli population from close range. Israel tried a diplomatic approach and it backfired.

As long as Hamas is in control, there will be never be an everlasting peace treaty or a two state solution, and I don't blame Israel for refusing to negotiate with a terrorist regime.

If ALL of the Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza are unified under a single entity; humane, moderate, diplomatic leadership at some point in the future, there might be hope for peace.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Deputy Minister Eli's " inspiring" words: "Palestinians are not human beings. Nothing but animals.

If you want to correlate...click link, see Nazi anti-jew argument 7 ....then tell me this mans statement is not born from a 'nazist' ideology.

The issue of Settlements explained..simply
www.youtube.com...

Insight into USA 'aid' to Israel
www.youtube.com...=26

Ro

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join