It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Naval Ship Bombs Palestinian Children on Gaza Beach - Killing Four

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Wow!

Some of the responses in this thread attempting to justify this act of terrorism with things that have nothing to do with the incident is quite alarming but to be expected when it comes to this topic.

Outright lies and deflections won't turn the world's eyes away from what Israel is doing, and your lies are hurting your cause and you are not fooling anyone but yourselves.

We have people posting videos and portraying them to be something that they are not (several times so far), we have people saying those kids shouldn't have been at the beach (as if they would have been safer in their homes which Israel indiscriminately targets), we even have people saying that these kids were with Hamas...sad really.

I'm all for a proper debate but lies and hatred are simply a horrible way to get your point across, but some points are so ridiculous that the only way to get them across is to lie and deceive.

Four kids were murdered and some people are trying to blame everyone except the killers.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
You know what gets me is all the attention on this Israel thing, and virtually nothing on the Ukraine thing. It appears its OK for the slaughter of people in Ukraine but not Israel.
The Media and people seem to be forgetting all about those poor helpless people in Europe. Disgusting.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpy
You know what gets me is all the attention on this Israel thing, and virtually nothing on the Ukraine thing. It appears its OK for the slaughter of people in Ukraine but not Israel.
The Media and people seem to be forgetting all about those poor helpless people in Europe. Disgusting.

Not forgotten...its just a case that like the reality for the *people* of Palestine..and the *people* of the Ukraine..revolution has been hijacked twisted and led to insanity....they are one and the same...same groups behind both destruction's - only decades apart. If things keep going as they are, Gaza now is Ukraine in 68 years too. So how we deal and transform the situation in Gaza, affects Ukraines future too..and how we fight against or surrender to the programming and 'framing' of these crisis's, framing led by billion dollar propaganda machines of the IDF and global corporates; how PEOPLE ignore or stand up for the PEOPLE of Gaza, really matters.

If right wing extremism on ALL sides is not seen as a single force soon and stood against as such..then ALL the *people*..everywhere...are equally as f*cked as each other and you can start practicing your bowing or goosestepping now.

Gaza is/has become a moral crucible for the entire world.

imo, ymmv

Framing ..like this...

A Gaza home gutted..but whats the headline below it?
twitter.com...

Thanks to money and media and the willful abuse of both..abuses from the extremely subtle, to the gross and obvious...everything most people know of this conflict..is - lies.

Right wing extremism as obvious as this:

Rosha
edit on 17-7-2014 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Corruption Exposed

One of the reasons for me having contemplated suicide, is all the nice news we get on a daily basis.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: kranskik

One of the reasons for me having contemplated suicide, is all the nice news we get on a daily basis.

me too

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Corruption Exposed
Wow!

Some of the responses in this thread attempting to justify this act of terrorism with things that have nothing to do with the incident is quite alarming but to be expected when it comes to this topic.

Outright lies and deflections won't turn the world's eyes away from what Israel is doing, and your lies are hurting your cause and you are not fooling anyone but yourselves.

We have people posting videos and portraying them to be something that they are not (several times so far), we have people saying those kids shouldn't have been at the beach (as if they would have been safer in their homes which Israel indiscriminately targets), we even have people saying that these kids were with Hamas...sad really.

I'm all for a proper debate but lies and hatred are simply a horrible way to get your point across, but some points are so ridiculous that the only way to get them across is to lie and deceive.

Four kids were murdered and some people are trying to blame everyone except the killers.

Sadly, they have been trained to do so :/

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Corruption Exposed
Wow!

Yeah, it's utterly astounding. With a horrific crime like this you'd expect 14 pages of people condemning these arseholes, but instead we have at least 10 pages of people actually defending them! F-ing incredible!!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

They agreed to ceasefire for humanitarian aid and then launched 3 mortars when it was over. Mortars I might add that weren't aimed at anyone and only go a VERY short range. They did not fire rockets. For all we know they were testing the capabilities, not like they have a test range in their own space, but can fire into the empty areas around the border. If it's even true. They agreed to a six hour ceasefire. Just six hours for humanitarian aid and for people to do what they need. They are saying Hamas violated it shooting three mortars into nothing after 2 hours of cease fire. Of course that could just be a complete fabrication and no one would ever know. There zero actual proof and it serves the Israeli course so who knows. Still doesn't justify bombing dense population and guiding shells into kids playing soccer on a beach.

No it's not a sick reason. As I explained earlier it's not completely dissimilar to prisoners rioting after suffering in silence.

They have shot over a thousand rockets since this began and only killed one Israeli who was on the border so compared to say.. oh running up and shooting soldiers with their guns, I would say it's their safest bet to get attention.

edit on 17-7-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow
a reply to: TinfoilTP

They agreed to ceasefire for humanitarian aid and then launched 3 mortars when it was over.

On the flip side 3 minutes before the corridor opened, Israels bombs killed three in Rafiah.

Lets not start comparisons on who is doing the worst evil hm?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Eventually people will wake up to what is right in front of them...eventually.

Religion is the excuse..at the end of the day..its still a bunch of over empowered Ultra-nationalists....well armed bullies..hitting at the weak because they can....and we let them.

Ro
edit on 17-7-2014 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpy

This thread is about the Israeli attack on a Gaza beach that killed 4 children.

The Ukraine threads are that way >>>>

If it makes you feel any better when the Ukraine conflict first began it seemed that 90% of the threads on ATS were about Ukraine/Russia - there are still several on a daily basis from what I can tell.

As for the media, they are covering both stories but the coverage is mostly biased and does not truly reflect the reality of each conflict in my opinion.

This current Gaza/Israeli conflict is fairly new hence the elevated focus on this topic versus the Ukraine crisis. There are plenty of Ukraine threads so please don't trivialize the deaths of these 4 children by saying "why isn't anyone talKing about Ukraine" then saying that the people of ATS and the media are ignoring the Ukraine conflict when they are definitely not doing what you are saying from what I have observed.
edit on 7/17/2014 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

While I understand you were waiting for information to make a decision, and playing semantics which I do often. I have to say you flat out chose the wrong time to do it.

Even if the kids were surrounding the most wanted Hamas member alive, you don't shell a beach full of 10 year olds to kill him. You wait for another opportunity. You WERE trying to justify the murder of children. Period. No matter what your intentions, the perception was really bad. That is pretty much all that matters on a forum, because we can't know your intentions.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Something bizarre has happened for me here on this thread.

edit on 17-7-2014 by southbeach because: my post was wrong,too many beers not seeing how to star for the more popular posts.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Call me when the majority of Muslims stop teaching their kids to kill, hate & pray for the death of Israel and its citizenry....and when they stop launching rockets into the markets, suburbs and areas populated by non-military population. Hamas shot over 1200 rockets into Israel after Israel had agreed to Egypt's cease-fire. Excuse me if I don't sympathize with every small casualty that results from retaliatory attacks they pretty much beg for. If they want the violence to stop....why on earth do they keep attacking Israel?

Cry me a river. No organized religion should exist, but when followers of Islam are removed, the world's problems will end. Everywhere on earth they exist, they are the root of terrorism and conflict.
edit on 17-7-2014 by LogicalRazor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: southbeach
Something bizarre has happened for me here on this thread.

I'm sorry, I don't understand...

Could you please explain?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalRazor
I once spoke with a Palestinian man and we talked about Gaza,he did not spew hatred,anger and venom at the Israelis as to the way they had stolen the land and enslaved it's original inhabitants into human limbo,he merely summed up what i as an outsider had already summarized and it's the total hypocrisy and the absolute unfairness of the situation.

Israel can bomb with the state of the art technology against a mainly civilian population knowing full well that 90% of the people killed in bombings are innocent civilians,they are basically murdering en mass men ,women and children for the sake of it,or better yet for self enjoyment and terrorizing a population that is suffering a modern day equivalent of Teton Lakota,Apache and The Cheyenne being interned in reservations after being raped of their land,culture,history and pride.
They have aircraft,tanks,frigates,drones etc and Hamas fights them with stone age technology and yet they are deemed the terrorists.
If they even try to arm themselves with anything close to what Israel has got they are thrown in prison and called extremists.

I have come across weaker opponents many times and have walked away,it's what men do.
The attacks on Israel are almost joke like in terms of warfare,it's like the British Army taking on the Nazi's with catapults in WW2.
Show some substance Israel,be the better man.The attacks you are suffering are like a kitten attacking a pit bull.
The Israeli government are always acting like the victims,never the cold blooded killers of kids.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Disregard it mate,i had an issue with something and commented before resolving it.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: southbeach

I'm sorry, but as most pro-Palestine comments, you make light of the rocket attacks from the Palestinian side. You ignore the nature of Israel's response (Retaliation). Your solution is for Israel to simply ignore this and not retaliate. That is ludicrous and downright ridiculous. Palestine continues to be isolated and fenced in, due to its history of attacks against Israel. Knowing full well that Israel is militarily superior, should be reason enough for Hamas and Palestine to cease all offensive attacks....however, they do not. Israel responds accordingly, with retaliation.

Also, when Palestinian women and children hear of attacks on Israel they respond with jubilation and cheers...they call for more death towards Jews and people like you shrug it off as if it were somehow normal. When Israeli people sit down in chairs to witness retaliation, the internet roars with disgust. Its outrageously stupid.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Um yeah, it makes a huge difference. Don't hang around with people who kill other people if you don't want to be targeted. It isn't hard to think about it and understand. "If you can't understand that then I have nothing else to say to you."

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: masterm16

Don't hang around with people who kill other people if you don't want to be targeted.

Please explain to us how to identify when we're hanging around with people who kill other people.

I don't want to be targeted so I want to make sure I'm not hanging around with killers.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join