It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it all Christians who support Israel in the U.S.?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: kodasaufa
Death to jewz and israel.
These cowards are ruining this earth.
I know many of Palestinians that have been displaced because of these holocaust survivors.
Western media is the devil here.

You know, you're entitled to your opinion, but it has nothing to do with the subject of this post. May as well be talking about your favourite ice cream, for all its relevance to the topic at hand. In fact, I think I'd rather hear about your favourite ice cream flavour.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

Wouldn't a true Christian turn the other cheek, even if attacked first, or did you mean to say you were a Christain?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I have neither the time nor the inclination for an involved debate but . . .

I'm a Christian, (Jesus is both God & man/virgin birth sort of Christian) and I'm what I would call "cautious" with Israel and the Jewish people. That "caution" is based on my religious beliefs, specifically their special choosing by God.

That does not mean that I think everything they do is right or that I believe that their every endeavor commands my support. That follows from my belief that the election of the Jewish people was not merit based, but rather that they were chosen by God by fiat, which is well within his purview.

It does means that I'm disinclined to do them any harm or to see harm done to them and that I'm certainly not going to put myself on the side of anyone that wants to see them persecuted or extinguished.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I'm atheist and I am on Israel's side.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
i'm christian and have been behind israel since the Munich Olympics in 72'.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao

And I take it you believe the Official Story on ANYTHING that would seem to be anti-Israel.

The answer to the OP is YES, all Christians MUST believe in Israel, it goes hand in hand with the WHOLE Jesus story in this perverted tale.

Any of them that do NOT, are just yet ANOTHER variation on this continuing saga, of pretending to seek the truth, and actually never finding it.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I'm Christian, and I'm very glad you've posed this question because it's one I wrestle with internally. On one hand, you see examples of how Israel was handpicked as Gods chosen nation all throughout the OT. Yet where inner conflict arises within me is when I look at Israel and I see innocent Palestinians getting murdered with seemingly very little empathy on the Israelis part. This is very disturbing for obvious reasons.

Many Christians I know will support Israel 100% simply because they aren't truly thinking for themselves, and are more the type of personalities to go along with Church tradition, and if a certain minister makes a case for why you HAVE to support Israel no matter what or queue the "fear of God" sermon coming down.. than God will judge you harshly etc...

See for me, that kind of theology wreaks of Zionist propaganda being spewed from the church. ( If you're christian, and you don't know what Zionism is, or do understand it but strongly reject it has a foothold in the church, than you need to do your research more thoroughly and prayerfully).
The Book of revelation gives us a foreshadowing, a preview if you will of the roots of Zionism in Revelation 2:9

know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

* Some will debate that this text conveys other meanings, but if you really read between the lines and consider
A. it's the book of Revelation - the book of prophecy during the end times
and B. very interesting that it emphasizes how they say they're Jews, but actually have evil intent.

How this ties in with current day Israel is a very complex topic, and I certainly do not claim to have all the answers. But one thing is for sure, Just because the state of Israel was said to be the apple of Gods eye, it does not mean that God makes them exempt from the same judgement measuring stick of other nations.

It also does not mean that they have a "license to sin" simply because God chose Israel. As a matter of fact, if anything they are held even more accountable because God has revealed his divine character, laws etc.. to Israel.

I know there is a lot of disinformation going on out there, about who is really attacking who, who started it, who's doing what etc... I will say I do support Israel's right to be a nation 100%. There is no doubt in my mind, God stood with them when the surrounding Arab nations attempted to wipe them off the map during the 6 day war etc...

I see both sides to this argument, I see both sides to the story. I see despicable acts of terrorism committed by Hamas by firing rockets into Israel, by running and hiding behind civilian populations using them as human shields ( cowardice to the extreme). Israel has every right to defend itself against such acts of terrorism, the same way any other nation on this planet has that God given right.

But this ties in to my original point, about this disturbing amounts of innocent civilians even children getting killed. I believe that Christians should realize than even though Israel is hunting down Hamas terrorists.. Now that they've caught on to the fact that Hamas is utilizing Citizens as human shields, they should not attack, period! Israel has a very very skilled, highly efficient military and they have other means of hunting down terrorists. The civilian death toll is unacceptable. No people of God, could sleep at night with a clean conscience knowing they just murdered innocent children just to check off a terrorist target on the chalk board.

edit on 17-7-2014 by freedom7 because: spelling mistake

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: mekhanics

First what evidence is there that teens were abducted?

Senior officials from both the United Nations and the Palestinian Authority on Tuesday suggested that Israel might have fabricated the story that three Jewish youths - Eyal Yifrach, Gilad Shaar and Naftali Frenkel - were abducted by Hamas terrorists last week.

www.bollyn.com...

I don't support zionist controlled Israel but have no bad will against real Jews.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Matthew 3:9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

More support that God is not inclined to support Israelis simply because they claim to be children of Abraham ( who the promise was issued through).. This is proof the Lord cares about the heart, not the bloodline. These are passages that Christians who are naive can easily overlook, in the process failing to realize just because God Chose to make himself known using Israel as his "Initial" chosen instrument through which the gospel would emerge, this does not mean that God will allow Israel to get away with Sin.

We see over and over again in the OT that God would punish the Israelites harshly if they twisted his laws, became complacent in their sin, idol worship etc...

I would encourage every Christian to look strongly at Israeli leadership and ask themselves - are they truly serving Christ? Christ said love your neighbours. Now granted, if you are being attacked you have a right to defend yourself. And I am completely against terrorist networks that have vowed to wipe Israel off the face of the earth. But it needs to be said that these extreme terrorist networks are a "minority" of the population in the Gaza Strip right now.

I just can't shake the feeling that when Israel unleashes strikes in the Gaza Strip, the leadership in Israel doesn't really shed a tear when Arab children are murdered, nor do they shed a tear when they go hungry etc...
This is against what Jesus stood for, and it goes to show the state of their hearts...

discernment is needed here. Support Isrtael's right to exist as a nation and defend itself. But do not condone the sins of Israel when they take it too far...

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I am not religious. Not at all. Take that and run with it, though it probably doesn't even matter.

I do not support Israel. Nor do I support Palestine. Why would I support either side? Both are fueled by insane zealots acting out what they THINK god wants them to do. Of course not all of them are like that, it suck innocence has to be the main victim, but there's enough of it to go around to keep things red hot. This area has been in conflict for a very, very long time. Mainly due to that very reason; Religion.

It's nothing more than Islam vs. Judaism at the end of the day. Not because "Oh, they attacked me first so that means I can go around and bomb them whenever and where ever." It's not that simple. It's never that simple.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
There is NOTHING in the scriptures that say "the Jews"(especially when they aren't even Jews!) are the chosen people of God.It says Israel is BUT NOT the genetic nation of Israel(which doesn't exist anymore and hasn't for 3,000 years!).

The nation of Israel is an "archetype" of ALL of mankind….…Israel means "struggles with God (Elohim).e.g….ALL of mankind is the "chosen people of the creator God(children).... it is the height of bigotry to believe otherwise.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

Seriously, Christians and non-Christians alike should not be supporting Israel.

Fair enough they were attacked first, but two wrongs don't make a right. I condemn any action on Israel's part because they are specifically and publicly targeting civilians in Gaza and cheering and applauding each strike.

The Zionist movement are as sick and twisted as the Nazis were in every aspect..!!

Zionist agendas don't just stop are Muslims either, they want everyone "not Jewish", dead including eventually, Christians..!!

I am no fan of Islam either, but I hope all the middle east countries unite against Israel and wipe it off the map.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO
a reply to: tsingtao

And I take it you believe the Official Story on ANYTHING that would seem to be anti-Israel.

The answer to the OP is YES, all Christians MUST believe in Israel, it goes hand in hand with the WHOLE Jesus story in this perverted tale.

Any of them that do NOT, are just yet ANOTHER variation on this continuing saga, of pretending to seek the truth, and actually never finding it.

are you a christian?

lol, if not,
about what you think you know about us.

what do you know about official stories besides agreeing to the ones that match YOUR anti-israeli agenda?

i agree with the truth.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
A brood of vipers.

And Michael told you who the God of this realm is and I tell you who his children are. Israel, a true curse word!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck
Anyone who stands with Hamas should read their charter-
avalon.law.yale.edu...

Article Eleven:

The Islamic Resistance Movement believes that the land of Palestine is an Islamic Waqf consecrated for future Moslem generations until Judgement Day. It, or any part of it, should not be squandered: it, or any part of it, should not be given up. Neither a single Arab country nor all Arab countries, neither any king or president, nor all the kings and presidents, neither any organization nor all of them, be they Palestinian or Arab, possess the right to do that. Palestine is an Islamic Waqf land consecrated for Moslem generations until Judgement Day. This being so, who could claim to have the right to represent Moslem generations till Judgement Day?

This is the law governing the land of Palestine in the Islamic Sharia (law) and the same goes for any land the Moslems have conquered by force, because during the times of (Islamic) conquests, the Moslems consecrated these lands to Moslem generations till the Day of Judgement.

It happened like this: When the leaders of the Islamic armies conquered Syria and Iraq, they sent to the Caliph of the Moslems,

H

edit on 17-7-2014 by XCrissCrossX because: add link

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Sat Jul 19 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: EX TAGS ADDED, quote shortened.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

edit on Sat Jul 19 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

edit on Sat Jul 19 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Wow just wow. What you wrote CrissCross just spelled out ,for me, the hopelessness of the entire mess. With so many different "truths" there clearly will never ever be peace in this world. I fell really empty right now..

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein
a reply to: ArtemisE

I am Christian and support Israel, not because of what normal Christians say about them being God's chosen people, but because they were attacked first...

Doesn't matter to me what happened in the past at all, you fire a rocket, you better expect a response in return...

I guess I say I am a Christian because of my beliefs, but I don't do the church or organized religion thing, just my own personal beliefs and what I learned through research and feelings within myself.

History can teach you wonders... and you would find that you are very wrong about that statement, just if you simply research history of Israel.

I am atheist and no, I don't support terrorism in any form, I mean Israel or anyone who terrorize civilian population.
edit on 18-7-2014 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-7-2014 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I think the western media has indoctrinated a lot of baptist to believe that Israel has to be protected. Because to turn your back on them would be to turn your back on Jesus.
edit on 18-7-2014 by Skorpy because: (no reason given)

Especially in the heartland of the U.S.
edit on 18-7-2014 by Skorpy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join