It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it all Christians who support Israel in the U.S.?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I was just wondering what percent of Americans who support Israel are Christians? I personally an agnostic/atheist and try and look at the chess board from the side. However a large portion of Americans are so pro Israel they won't even consider their actions could be mistakes or morally wrong.

So it makes me wonder if the pro Israeli stance is really connected to Armageddon style prophecy and the whole "gods chosen people" stick.

Thoughts? Please reply with your religious affiliation in the post please.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

I am Christian and support Israel, not because of what normal Christians say about them being God's chosen people, but because they were attacked first...

Doesn't matter to me what happened in the past at all, you fire a rocket, you better expect a response in return...

I guess I say I am a Christian because of my beliefs, but I don't do the church or organized religion thing, just my own personal beliefs and what I learned through research and feelings within myself.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Really you're asking for anyone non-Christian to come forward and say they support Israel. Being as 3/4 of the United States identifies as Christian you've already narrowed your scope down to 25% of the population.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

As a Christian dispensationalist, I neither support the UN established Zionist occupation of Palestine, nor do I view it as fulfillment of prophecy.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I'm agnostic and think Israel should be kicked to the curb and be forced to fend for itself for once.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

A number of fundamentalist and evangelical Christians do support ideals of Zionism. Their support is religious in nature, since their theology teaches that the return of the Jewish people to Palestine is a necessary pre-condition for the second coming of Christ. This viewpoint is referred to as Christian Zionism, and is controversial in its own right. It predicts what is essentially the destruction of Judaism, with all Jews either converting to Christianity or being destroyed during the battle of Armageddon.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

Really you're asking for anyone non-Christian to come forward and say they support Israel. Being as 3/4 of the United States identifies as Christian you've already narrowed your scope down to 25% of the population.

Israel was only attacked first if Hamas leadership orchestrated the kidnapping of the 3 teens. If it was a random palistinian or a Hamas foot soldier who took it upon themselves to do it. Then Israel used military action after a criminal act.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I think you are absolutely right on and I have argued the same premise time and time again.

Read a pro-Israel post and a good percentage of the time the username is something like 'his_servant' or 'TheLamb' or something that indicates they are very religious.

They see no fault in Israel as they see it as god working according to his plan.

Yahweh could be nothing more than a propaganda tool to de-moralise your enemies, because if god is on their side, you may as well give up.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE

originally posted by: jjkenobi

Israel was only attacked first if Hamas leadership orchestrated the kidnapping of the 3 teens. If it was a random palistinian or a Hamas foot soldier who took it upon themselves to do it. Then Israel used military action after a criminal act.

I understand what you are saying here but it is not in my interest to assume anything happened criminal. I am only looking at what Gaza did by attacking Israel and the response is warranted in my eyes...

Not that I don't think that Israel should be cut off from the USA giving them millions of dollars, we don't have it to give in the first place! It think that should stop, but that wasn't the question in the OP...

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Israel was only attacked first if Hamas leadership orchestrated the kidnapping of the 3 teens.

There is no evidence that Hamas kidnapped 3 teens. Did the Israeli found the culprit? No.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Here's a poll from 2011: Americans who support Israel

While it doesn't directly name "Christians", as jjkenobi pointed out, the majority of Americans are Christians, so you could surmise the same.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I was just wondering what percent of Americans who support Israel are Christians? I personally an agnostic/atheist and try and look at the chess board from the side. However a large portion of Americans are so pro Israel they won't even consider their actions could be mistakes or morally wrong.

So it makes me wonder if the pro Israeli stance is really connected to Armageddon style prophecy and the whole "gods chosen people" stick.

Thoughts? Please reply with your religious affiliation in the post please.

no just no,,"Their support is religious in nature".

The real support comes from a Nation , which from its conception and re-birth, in

That it was immediatelly attacked by the Arab League,,back when one could declare "WAR" on a Nation,as the 5 Arab Nations attacked the new State of Israel,,immedietly upon the anouncement,,everyone around the world assumed that , it was a "faite' acomplae" gave the new country 2 weeks tops.

and they have been savaged every day since, over and over,,such patients and restraint is truly god like,, in my opinion.

Jesus would be proud.

religious affiliation,, well for morality i like to go with a guy who was pretty level headed and seemed to know what he was talking about.

p.s can u spot his name? for bonus points.

edit on 7/16/2014 by BobAthome because: sp

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Your question is one I have personally swung back and forth on . This vid I am presenting is worth the watch because it makes it clear that sometimes we are told things that are just not true . IF they are attacked first is a common cry from supporters but ,it would seem that the Zionist regime can be anything less then truthful .

When Everything You Know Is Not True

Miko Peled Debunking Jewish Myths

"If Anybody here, came hoping to hear a balanced presentation, then they are going to be sorely disappointed. I say this, because a lot of the things that you are about to hear to night are difficult to hear."

“Miko Peled is a peace activist who dares to say in public what others still choose to deny. He has credibility, so when he debunks myths that Jews around the world hold with blind loyalty, people listen. Miko was born in Jerusalem in 1961 into a well known Zionist family. His grandfather, Dr. Avraham Katsnelson was a Zionist leader and signer on the Israeli Declaration of Independence. His father, Matti Peled was a young officer in the war of 1948 and a general in the war of 1967 when Israel conquered the West Bank, Gaza, Golan Heights and the Sinai. mikopeled.com...

Miko Peled, author of The General’s Son, whose father was the renowned Israeli general Matti Peled, speaking in Seattle, October 1, 2012.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Probably just Jews and hard core Christians ... but not all Christians.
I don't think it's a fair statement to broad brush all Christians as supporting Israel.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I think that Israel is being very heavy handed in their response and this will only create more problems for them in the future.

What I do not understand is why Israel was created and given to the Jews in the first place in the 1940s by the US and UK. If the reasoning is that a book from thousands of years ago said it was their right, then surely with that same thought process, the US should be given back to the native Indians, Australia back to the aborigines and so on.

Seems double standards to me ;(

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I believe so, then there is the rest who suffer from a horrible case of cognitive dissonance.
Believers in a book written by a guy who felt the need to control them for his own gain...
And some call bible study "research"!!
Like a calculator works, G.I.G.O., garbage in, garbage out.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Im christian and isreal can go F itself.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Just to add my $.02. A lot of Christians supported the creation of Israel because it was a prerequisite for the return of Jesus Christ. And the thing is? It may have succeeded. Just point out what looks like some eerie coincidences.

1. Matthew 24. It states that a rebuilt Jewish temple is needed for the Apocalypse. And once end time events started to happen they would all conclude in the lifetime of the generation. Israel came back on May 15 1948. If you go by the Psalms 90 definition of the length of a average human lifespan then it would appear that the last possible date for the end of the Apocalypse is May 15 2028. Based on a 80 year lifespan.

2. Per the prophesies of Zechariah there was supposed to be 2 rebuilt temples. 2 branches. Each branch is supposed to rebuild a temple. We're still one short. So if someone rebuilds the Jewish temple then he is the other branch.

3. The day of Jezreel prophecy in the book of Hosea. Per the prophecy it was predicted that Israel and Judah would be destroyed but restored at a future date. But in Hosea 6-2 we're given a rough timeline of the curse. 2 days in the presence of the Lord. But according to Psalms 90 and 2nd Peter 3-8 those days would be 1000 year periods of time.

So the question is "Why the curse and when did it start?" And what I figured was this. The 1st century Jews managed to trigger the curse of Malachi. See Malachi 4 in the KJV. So what triggered it? The death of John the Baptist. Per the book of Malachi Elijah the prophet was supposed to be present at the first century Apocalypse. But. Herod the Great killed John the Baptist that Jesus Christ claimed was Elijah the prophet in Matthew 17. And Herod killed him at the prompting of Salome and her mother. The daughter and granddaughter of a High Priest.

So 2000 years from the death of John the Baptist is approximately the mid 2020s.

4. And one last thing to consider here. If what happened in the first century was a botched Apocalypse then would it stand to reason that previously completed end time prophesies would need to repeat?

So what I give to you here is the consideration of the prophesies of Daniel. Specifically chap 8 and 11. According to his prophesies the end times would start as so.

A. A western power that looked Greek to him would be attacked by 4 powers from the middle east.

B. Then that country would counter attack and conquer 2 of those powers.

C. Then the western power would then implode upon itself and become 4 separate states.

So far Daniel appears to be 3 for 3 in the Apocalypse watch. Step C there would have to happen in the next 6 years apparently to fit the given timeline.

So I would ask. If supporting Israel early in the 20th century was an attempt to bring back Jesus Christ then did it succeed?
edit on 16-7-2014 by ntech because: (no reason given)

(post by kodasaufa removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

... it makes me wonder if the pro Israeli stance is really connected to Armageddon style prophecy and the whole "gods chosen people" stick..

Good question! I've heard it voiced before, and it's a pretty creepy concept if if the Fundies actually buy into it. S&F...and hoping for some honest response.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join