It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michele Bachmann calls immigrant children ‘invaders’ and compares them to rapists

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   

“Foreign nationals that have come into the United States are between 300- to 500,000,” Bachmann told an incredulous Crossfire co-host Van Jones. “My heart is broken for a female college student in Minnesota who was raped, murdered and mutilated by a foreign national who came into our country. We had a school bus full of kids in Minnesota — four children were killed on that school bus because an illegal alien driving a van went into that schoolbus.”

First off, 300 - 500,000?

I somehow doubt a huge surge of THAT many people has been coming here. Seems like she's trying to rile people up more than what it has to be.

And then the rest is just none sense to try and prove some kind of phony point; that people who are born out of the country then come here are somehow uncivilized savages. You can find all kinds of psycho's and degenerates that have been bread right here in the U.S.A. folks. I can promise you that.

And their CHILDREN! Seriously? How much damage could some kids even do to this country? I don't see them marching in here wielding AK's and grenades. So they clearly aren't a physical threat. Disease? Central America isn't even very far. It's hardly exotic territory to the U.S. So what threat are they exactly?

Sure, there is a system put into place to take in immigrants legally. I get that. But, someone has to do something. I love how people in this country love to intervene when it comes to "spreading democracy" or "freedom" or "humanitarianism" in the form of bombs and bullets over seas. Oh people love to do that don't they? Yet you can't do the true humanitarian thing and actually promote someones physical well-being? Pretty ironic don't you think?

How about we suck it up and help some people for once? Is it really that bad? We Americans are too prosperous for our own good. We don't even know what true hard times are. There's all kinds of tension around the world and this is what we have to complain about? We whine that some children refugees are "invading us?" What a joke. I guarantee if this was going on in their lives they'd be jumping up and down hoping and praying someone would help them. Especially their children.

edit on 19-7-2014 by Honcho because: small correction.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Michelle Bachman is Crazy

How is she even allowed in politics? I mean the list of things she has said that are just dumb beyond words is enormous, sometimes I listen to her and I think this simply has to be an act right? no one gets this far being this stupid... sadly apparently they do, but still listening to her feels like satire, like it's a joke.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Honcho

You can find all kinds of psycho's and degenerates that have been bread right here in the U.S.A. folks. I can promise you that.

And we can promise you that along with any good folks coming here, there will also be bad. We have had too many murderers, pedophiles, thieves waltz over the border or over stay a visa.

How much damage could some kids even do to this country? I don't see them marching in here wielding AK's and grenades. So they clearly aren't a physical threat.

Gang members were amongst some of the kids and were trying to recruit other kids and we all know how much damage they can cause.

Disease? Central America isn't even very far. It's hardly exotic territory to the U.S. So what threat are they exactl

They are quite a threat to those with diabetes, cancer etc. who have weakened immune systems.

How about we suck it up and help some people for once? Is it really that bad? We Americans are too prosperous for our own good. We don't even know what true hard times are.

Tell our homeless and hungry just how prosperous they are. We have been helping illegals for too many years while ignoring the plight of our own desperately poor people.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Honcho

Illegal entry

The Pew Hispanic Center estimates that 6–7 million immigrants came to the United States via illegal entry, accounting for probably a little over half of the total population. There are an estimated half million illegal entries into the United States each year.

A common means of border crossing is to hire people smugglers to help them across the border. Those operating on the US-Mexico border are known informally as "coyotes".

Visa overstay

According to Pew, between 4 and 5.5 million foreigners entered the United States with a legal visa, accounting for between 33–50% of the total population. A tourist or traveler is considered a "visa overstay" once he or she remains in the United States after the time of admission has expired. The time of admission varies greatly from traveler to traveler depending on what visa class into which they were admitted. Visa overstays tend to be somewhat more educated and better off financially than those who entered the country illegally.

Illegal immigration to the United States

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
This is her role, when they got something they don't want us to pay attention to they send her out to say something stupid. She's a professional decoy. I have a hard time believing anyone actually votes for her. Even as a conservative there has to be at least ONE better candidate in her state.
edit on 07pm12pm312014-07-19T12:28:46-05:0012America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

It's a difficult and complicated situation. Opinions vary...

Denver enters border crisis debate by seeking to house children

Denver is entering the debate over how to deal with a flood of more than 50,000 children from Central America who have been caught crossing the U.S. border with Mexico.

"My opinion would be that it's a humanitarian thing to do," Susman said. "And I think we'd be able to offer them shelter and comfort while we figure out what the federal government wants to do."

This is the city where I live. This situation is not going to be resolved any time soon. Meanwhile, what do we do with these kids? Send them back? Back where - to what? It's so easy to say who cares - not our problem. Especially when they're not your kids. Fortunately, not everybody sees the world the same way - and thank goodness for the Red Cross

If these new illegals were escaping intolerable situations, it has been like that for a very long time,why do you suppose all of a sudden they are coming by the thousands?

It's a good and valid question. There must be a reasonable explanation...

They were told if they come, they will not be deported. They were told to say they are refugees.

:-)

¿Por qué? That's: Because why? Better start practicing...

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

It is good to help anyone in a crises of course. The very sad part is that we have homeless and hungry kids here, shelters filled to capacity, food kitchens in constant need of donations and what is our Governments solution to their plight? We send these illegal kids all over the USA and cities are complaining that they don't know what to do with them and are overwhelmed. How must our own poor people feel knowing that others are having their needs met or at least that our government is trying, yet they are left out in the cold?

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

¿Por qué? That's: Because why? Better start practicing...

Practice Spanish? I worked bedside Spanish speakers for 8 years and picked up many words and greetings but could never converse. I suck royally at languages and if I ever left my Country, it wouldn't be to go to one where they didn't speak my language. I would never dream of expecting another Country to cater to me. That would be rude and arrogant.

That is one reason so many anti-illegal folks are upset. There are jobs in some areas that require you to speak Spanish in your own Country and not because the job is international or needs translators. Our legal immigrants had to learn English, our illegal immigrants never cared. There are over 200 languages spoken here and we can't cater to them all. English has been the one language that has united us all.

edit on 19-7-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

How must our own poor people feel knowing that others are having their needs met or at least that our government is trying, yet they are left out in the cold?

Forgive me this Night Star - but the same people complaining about taking care of these kids are the same people that tend to complain when the government tries to take care of our own home grown poor. If the government is involved - it must be wrong

Do you see anything wrong with this social equation?

If it had been up to me - the billions of dollars we spent invading and destroying other countries so that we could protect our borders and make them safe (safe from everyone but frightened children apparently) - well, I'm sure you can see my point

Don't be fooled by the politics - we're about to be politicized into becoming a country that once again believes that internment camps are a real and useful solution

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Forgive me this Night Star - but the same people complaining about taking care of these kids are the same people that tend to complain when the government tries to take care of our own home grown poor. If the government is involved - it must be wrong.

Yes, I have seen this too. I know there are a lot of welfare people that don't belong on welfare, but there are legitimate cases with people who truly need help. There are also many who fall between the cracks and make like a dollar or two above the poverty line and get denied help. That dollar won't help them survive and they end up on the streets and in tent cities.

I don't like the billions of dollars going to war either!!

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I'm not much of a nationalist Night Star - or at least not the right kind of nationalist according to some

I love this country - I love the idea of our country - even if the very best part of it remains just an idea

I don't care a bit how many people speak Spanish - or not. Was a time when you could venture into certain areas and find people that spoke nothing but Italian, or Chinese, or Polish or German - and not that long ago Vietnamese. People assimilated - and will continue to blend

Times are tough - jobs are scarce. Hard times and stress bring out the worst in people - history proves that much

Our worst tendencies tend to get promoted as our best when our conscience starts to trouble us

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I don't like the billions of dollars going to war either!!

I know. Think of the good we might have done with that money

I swear - I can't even think about it sometimes

Sorry so late in replying Night Star - only around sporadically these days - and out of here very soon. Thank you for such a civilized and reasonable conversation - here in the mud pit - of all places

:-)
edit on 7/19/2014 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I'm very glad to see that more people are becoming wise to the propaganda techniques being used by the hard Right. They often use off-topic rhetoric, key words/phrases, appeal to emotion and wrap it all up in a fake shroud of patriotism and constitutionality.

I've been saying for some time that they are very dangerous and if it continues, we will see a section of our own population come to the point that they could be compared to a portion of Nazi Germany's population that accepted or even agreed with the genocide that occurred.

Think it is extreme to say that?

I don't. There have been people on these very forums that are so steeped in the Right's propaganda that they have openly advocated for the killing of illegal immigrants.

It's only going to get worse unless we continue to expose people like Bachmann for what they are.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Times are tough - jobs are scarce. Hard times and stress bring out the worst in people - history proves that much.

True. I can't blame any citizen who is un-employed though while an illegal is holding a job. I got to see first hand how citizens have been turned away while illegals got hired instead. That is a big problem. Too many people and not enough jobs. How can we place a foreigner above a citizen? We have families to support, children to feed etc. There can be no harmony when others are placed above our own Countrymen.

You can't blame them for that. I can't blame them for being upset that they have lost a job opportunity because they were required to speak another language in their own Country. That is just wrong. The foreigner coming to live in a land where mostly English is spoken and they refuse is a problem. It has changed our Country. We never had to dial one to hear our own language on the phone. We never changed for any other foreign language speaker, only Spanish. People of other nationalities are bothered by this as well. We never had to speak a foreign language just to get a job. It's one thing to take in people and help them, it is quite another when the Country changes for them.

edit on 19-7-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

I've been saying for some time that they are very dangerous and if it continues, we will see a section of our own population come to the point that they could be compared to a portion of Nazi Germany's population that accepted or even agreed with the genocide that occurred.

Think it is extreme to say that?

Not extreme at all - its happened time and again throughout history in many different cultures and countries. One of our biggest problems is thinking that somehow because we're American we're immune

I saw live footage of people screaming at these kids. Some of the things I heard them saying made me realize that these kids might become targets - for real

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Thank you for such a civilized and reasonable conversation - here in the mud pit - of all places.

Thank you as well.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I do not believe in violence either, only peaceful protests, but yeah, I too think this could end up badly.

Just a reminder to folks that these are not just little kids coming over.

Where on earth are we going to find jobs for all these people when our own can't even find jobs?

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

They are targets, but I hope they never experience any violence from my fellow Americans.

It's not very often that I agree with Glenn Beck, but even he is taking steps to help these kids by sending food, clothing...etc. That is what we should be doing. If we want to say that we are a compassionate nation then we should fricken' show some and help these people out.

Instead, it appears that we are like the philistines of old.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
here are the invaders, the rapists, Looks like whole families locked up to me.

Lets lock em up like a zoo and gawk at em.

poor kids...poor families

They didn't HAVEv to come here, illegally no less. They didn't do anything, but bring this fate upon themselves. They can go through the system to be become a legal citizen just like everyone else.

While congress does nothing.

Mailonl ine

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

This is how I look at it - all adults were once children. Adults are hurting right now too - they're here for a reason

There are not enough jobs the world over. Tough times - will be tough for a while. There's no age limit when it comes to compassion I don't think

All I see are people who need help. I'm not a complete idiot - I know we don't have the resources to help all people everywhere all the time. But - there always seems to be enough money for other things. When people can so easily turn their backs on those who are literally begging for help because the situation seems much more useful as a political tool - I begin to lose my faith in the kindness of strangers and respect for my fellow citizens - doesn't matter if they're on the left or the right
edit on 7/19/2014 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join