It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michele Bachmann calls immigrant children ‘invaders’ and compares them to rapists

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I understand where you are coming from, believe me. I have lived my life (and risked my life) helping the less fortunate.

Allowing America to become a third world nation (a goal set in motion long before President Obama) will not solve the world's problems. Ugly things have to happen if a true "immigration reform" is ever going to happen.

1 - the border must be secured
2 - an unaccompanied child should be treated as an abandoned child (no more transporting them to family in the US)
3 - increase the number of temporary work visas and accelerate the process to apply for these
4 - real punishment for anyone that hires an illegal (loss of business license / jail)
5 - loss of any and all assistance programs for illegals

People love to throw the words from the Statue of Liberty into these debates. They always forget the last line.

"I lift my lamp beside the Golden Door"

Sadly, sometimes doors are closed.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

My gosh the liberal media has lost all sense of shame haven't they. I haven't watched the interview, but I did read the OP and everything in the link. Not once did I hear her specifically target the illegal children like the title of the article does.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

See, there's some solutions that I've been desperately trying to find from leaders in the US.

I have no problems with those points.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

You want to dispute that?

If you're not willing to provide a source for that, than sure, I will most certainly take that with a grain of salt.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus "Do we as a nation really need to import poverty? Do we not have enough of that here without adding more to the lines?"

To answer your question, no, our country does not need it, but The Progressives NEED it. They need new additional poverty programs and community organizations and building/refurbishing contracts so they can pour your and my tax dollars into the companies and foundations and organizations that are used to provide contracting and servicing "needs" to this new set of "at-risk" population.

A little will be done just to show us all that our tax dollars are working to "help", but then the people, businesses and corporations, and especially the politicians distributing the taxpayer dollars and approving said contracts, are the real beneficiaries of these grants and contracts.

Follow the money! Follow it from yesterday to today and on into tomorrow. You'll see.

After all, there are elections coming up that need to be funded (by hook or crook) and how convenient that these programs are "needed" just in time!

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Common people can use common sense to find a common ground.

The problem is politicians are not common people. When Republicans hold office the Dems block immigration reform, when the Dems hold office the tables are turned. It's all about power and money (and winning the next election).

Meanwhile, amid all the turmoil, the public gets bent over again and again. Somehow, people still seem to thing there are two teams in Washington.

We used to pride ourselves on being the Greatest Nation. It was a young country's bravado I think. We have fallen far in the last 60 years and we have really picked up speed in the last 10. That sudden stop at the bottom is going to be painful for everyone in the world I have no doubt.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The dehumanizing campaign that is being carried out by the numerous right wing propaganda outlets is very similar to the dehumanizing campaigns the Nazis carried out in world war 2.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Side notes ... she's a foster parent?
Do all those kids think the world is only 6,000 years old like she does?
Oh man ....

You folks really can't make up your minds as to how you want Christians to live can you? I mean if this was an abortion thread you'd be claiming that we care more about unborn children than the orphans that are already here (I've read it a hundred times). Yet here's a woman that practices what she preaches and has taken in 23 of them, and you still can't help but ridicule her for being a Christian.

Btw,the article didn't mention her faith, so why did you? I'd also like to add that I've never met a foster parent who wasn't a Christian... just sayin

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
How the Nazis spread propaganda and its effect on Jews

In the 1930's, Hitler and his Nazi regime led a campaign of propaganda spreading lies about the Jews. As the "Minister of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda" of the Nazi party, Josef Goebbels created a negative image of the Jewish people, blaming them for the economic and social problems of Germany and the world. The propaganda was intended to dehumanize the Jews by naming them an “inferior race,”

Link

Only this time, immigrants are being labeled as rapists, murderers, drug mules and disease ridden parasites hell bent on transforming our great country into a 3rd world country.

edit on 7/16/2014 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Good hell.

Has nothing to do with race.

ANY illegal/criminal alien needs to be deported.

Leave it up to the Progressives here to bring out the Race card, when all else fails.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

Only this time, illegal immigrants are being labeled as rapists, murderers, drug mules and disease ridden parasites hell bent on transforming our great country into a 3rd world country.

Fixed that for you.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

The dehumanizing campaign that is being carried out by the numerous right wing propaganda outlets is very similar to the dehumanizing campaigns the Nazis carried out in world war 2.

Point well taken but before throwing stones look at the glass house the democrats live in . Remember the list of domestic terrorist heck 80 % of my state would be . And disagree with this administration your a racist .

Nazi started with political rivals first.

Demeaning talk dehumanizes creating an atmosphere for mistreatment.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

Good hell.

Has nothing to do with race.

ANY illegal/criminal alien needs to be deported.

Leave it up to the Progressives here to bring out the Race card, when all else fails.

the hell?

Where did I mention race?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Maybe review the things you use a backing.

From your info

The propaganda was intended to dehumanize the Jews by naming them an “inferior race,”

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

To be 100% honest I have no "skin in the game" when it comes to tax dollars. I am a disabled combat vet and as such I am exempt from taxes. Just keeping myself honest there.

However, I think we can all admit that both sides waste money like drunken sailors (worse really, as sailors stop spending when their pockets are empty).

Make both sides happy and start a public works campaign. It worked in the Depression. Build a wall 40 feet high and 20 feet wide along the border. Pull the troops home and have them rotate on patrols while it is being built. It puts the people to work, it gives a massive boost to the economy, it gives our troops real world experience, and it will eventually secure the border.

But that won't work
- the money isn't simply being wasted
- politicians do not want a secure border
- it makes America less "forward projected" and actually uses the military for it's original intent

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus

Why do you keep saying it's only children? Everyone knows that is a lie by now. Maybe if that lie is told enough it becomes the truth as well?

I think everyone that supports the illegal invasion of America should submit their names for a list. When an illegal commits a crime a random person from that list SHARES the punishment. Put your money where your mouth is, so to speak.

This thread is a wonderful example of liberal vs. conservative mindsets.

Bachman helped to raise 20 foster kids and says America cannot afford to take in a 100K illegals
Liberals who have raised zero kids say Americans should pony up more of their money

Open YOUR house to illegals
Open YOUR wallet to illegals
Open YOUR purse up to illegals

Stop spending OTHER peoples money. Do the right thing and invite them into your house with your family, where you support them.

It has been established in enough threads that these illegal's have admitted that it was advertised in their own Countries that if they came here, they would not be deported, that cheat sheets have been found telling these people to say that they are refugees. If every one of these thousands of people were refugees, you have to ask, why now? Their situation became that much worse overnight? And also they are NOT just children. There have been enough pics, videos and articles showing all the men and women and teens on the verge of adulthood.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

In the 1930's, Hitler and his Nazi regime led a campaign of propaganda spreading lies about the Jews. As the "Minister of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda" of the Nazi party, Josef Goebbels created a negative image of the Jewish people, blaming them for the economic and social problems of Germany and the world. The propaganda was intended to dehumanize the Jews by naming them an “inferior race,”

Link

Only this time, immigrants are being labeled as rapists, murderers, drug mules and disease ridden parasites hell bent on transforming our great country into a 3rd world country.

That characterization of illegals represents a good sampling of what I see moving into my neighborhood,you must live in the northeast instead of the southwest.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf

Link

That characterization of illegals represents a good sampling of what I see moving into my neighborhood,you must live in the northeast instead of the southwest.

I live in the North East and we are loaded with illegals. I wonder how many States don't have any at this point? If we can't care for our own, we can't care for foreigners.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
This thread should qualify as disinformation and be tossed in the hoax bin.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
From a resident of a boarder state and one who has traveled south of the boarder .

Just like all humans you have good humans and bad humans. But we really need to keep the good ones and expel the bad ones. I dont care if they are 8 years old or not.

Some countries south of our boarder you can sit in a bar and have a 8 yo pimp run up to you and ask if you wana bed his sister or brother. Knew a guy who did engage on a regular basis . One night he got a 7" blade several times in the back while he was being entertained for his wallet.

You can even buy drugs from kids. The cartels enlist kids young for look outs and runners. Some promising kids help with the cartel torture and help kill the victims as a right of moving up in the gang 10 12 ish.

Some bars have kindergarten age kids box till unconscious or blood flows. Places with cock fights have kid fights also. There are things I have seen I dont want to discus here. Just sick .

Then I have seen the kids carrying luggage shining shoes shopping for you being local guide for tips to support the family. You can see conditions that are so bad your heart hurts for them.

Some of those kids need our help even in their 20s , and others by 10 they are to far gone we dont want them here period. Any ties to drugs gangs prostitution or assault should be a automatic immediate deportation.

Here in the states again good and bad but when they go bad immediate deportation after jail. We cant keep allowing lawbreakers here with out laws we are just a big gang.

We have no society without laws.

Michelle Bachmann is both wrong and right you can paint all with that wide brush but I would bet 20% or more are undesirables .
edit on Wednesday201442313673104America/Chicago16 by Lostinthedarkness because: (no reason given)

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join