It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michele Bachmann calls immigrant children ‘invaders’ and compares them to rapists

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: brandiwine14

Are you suggesting that people can not think for themselves? There are border laws and they are illegals and they are invading.

I'm suggesting it's impossible to think for yourself if you are willing to put those two things together in a conversation about solutions.

She used extremist language to tug on our heart strings in order to get viewers to agree with her talking points.

I'm not a fan of Bachmans but your thread is hyperbole.

SHE IS HYPERBOLIC!

That's why this thread exists, because she opened her big dumb mouth and put those things together in a string of thoughts that had no business being together.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Michele Bachmann will not rest until she gets every one of those 101 dalmatians.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Let's be honest here. I am all for opportunity for anybody, provided they acquire that right legally. My wife's parents are legal us citizens. They went through the proper channels and are very successful. Since it wasn't handed to them, they worked very hard, got a college education, are very successful and are contributing members of society. The issue that I see is we are struggling to provide for our own citizens. As parents both my wife and I work extremely hard to provide the best life possible for our daughter. Public schools are no longer adequate and we pay for a better private education. While doing so our tax dollars continue to fund the sub par public education system here in San Diego California. We do not get a free pass on taxes. We provide a house, health insurance, food, clothes and every other aspect of a nice life for ourselves. We do all of this while funding those same things we work so hard for to people that are not even a legal United States Citizens. It feels unfair that we work so hard and sometimes go without to provide that life for ourselves, while watching the same dream we work so hard for being handed to other people. People that are not even citizens of out once great nation. We have schools closing all over the country, and we build new ones in other countries. We have foreign aid programs when we are in desperate need of domestic aid. People loose their homes here on a regular basis and have no place to go, yet our own government turns it's back on their citizens. They do this while giving the same luxury to so called refugees. We have ill and homeless veterans that are in dire need of assistance, but nobody is willingly giving them aid. There is not another country in the world that you can illegally walk into, and be given "The Dream". It just does not happen. While illegal immigration is just the tip of the iceberg, it is an issue that needs to be solved. It can not be solved with amnesty, but by changing the laws that are in place, and enforcing them. I could keep going, but I will end my rant.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

originally posted by: Snarl
a reply to: tothetenthpower
That was a really interesting video clip in your linked source. I was impressed with the way Charles Rangel stepped to her defense and then chastised her for some of her previous radical remarks.

It was very nice to see a journalist make somebody accountable for their words eh?

I had no idea Bachmann raised over 20 foster kids.

So how could you even have that mentality I wonder, after raising 20 foster children, who I would imagine are often in comparable situations than these kids.

But I guess if you aren't born here, the Tea Party Leaders could care less what happens to you.

~Tenth
Who is the idiot that's interviewing her and speaking over her when she's revealing the truth about what's happening at the southern border? Thought we all wanted to know the truth? Oh I guess not when it doesn't reflect your false reality.

He had to speak over her because she wouldn't shut up. When she finally did shut up she wouldn't directly answer his question. Also if you are looking for truth then you have to look for someone else besides Bachmann.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
They are not refugees,this administration is encouraging the invasion,they are invaders.they are illegal aliens.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf
They are not refugees,this administration is encouraging the invasion,they are invaders.they are illegal aliens.

No they are not, they do not fit the definition of invaders.

These are CHILDREN.

I'm sorry, but if you cannot even use the proper language to describe the situation, how can you be correct in what you are saying?

There's a fundamental understanding that is lacking in the United States, which is that language is a useful tool of propaganda. Keep repeating the same old tired lie and it eventually becomes truth.

These are CHILDREN. Not Invaders. They aren't here to take over the country, they aren't here to take your lives, or murder your wives, children, husbands etc.

It's hyperbolic language like the kind displayed here that has RUINED politics in America.

Talking points first, facts never.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Why do you keep saying it's only children? Everyone knows that is a lie by now. Maybe if that lie is told enough it becomes the truth as well?

I think everyone that supports the illegal invasion of America should submit their names for a list. When an illegal commits a crime a random person from that list SHARES the punishment. Put your money where your mouth is, so to speak.

This thread is a wonderful example of liberal vs. conservative mindsets.

Bachman helped to raise 20 foster kids and says America cannot afford to take in a 100K illegals
Liberals who have raised zero kids say Americans should pony up more of their money

Open YOUR house to illegals
Open YOUR wallet to illegals
Open YOUR purse up to illegals

Stop spending OTHER peoples money. Do the right thing and invite them into your house with your family, where you support them.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
So criminals in the Obama administration like Holder can go on and on about how SOME who dislike Obama are racists and that is ok...

But when someone not in the Obama camp DARES to suggest that SOME of the young people in the illegal flood across our open border MAY be a rapist, well, that is just too much...

Hypocrites...

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Thats nothing compared to US citizens and what there saying directly to kids from there protests.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

Why do you keep saying it's only children? Everyone knows that is a lie by now. Maybe if that lie is told enough it becomes the truth as well?

Obviously I chose to discuss the children specifically. I never stated that they were all children, that's clearly not true.

The Leaders of that party need to have a long, drawn out discussion on how to speak in public if they wish for people to stop calling them insane, every time their open their mouths.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

Thats nothing compared to US citizens and what there saying directly to kids from there protests.

You mean like school teachers telling white children they should check their privilege and have "white guilt"?

There is plenty of hypocrisy to go around from believers of both political churches. What is sad is that most of us are aware of the tactics they are using to divide us, and yet here we are arguing on the ethical merits of politicians whom we can safely say, "Don't give a damn about any of us!"!

Keep on Beleebing!

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Bachman didn't claim ALL illegals were rapists (nothing even close).

It's odd that one would chose to argue a portion of a crisis rather than the whole. But each his own I suppose.

If the Administration were helping "children" there would be far less resistance. However the "children" are mostly 14-17 and the majority if the illegals are adults. As the Administration knows they cannot sway the public with pictures of grown men, families, and gangsters in their prime, they too have decided to only "focus" on the children.

Human shields in all but name really.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
In the long run, she may be right. If that child is left here and that child has a mental issue and we "let em stay" when that child commits a crime...even after they have grown up, Bachman was right. As far a Rangel is concerned......that man has been sucking the teet of the people of N.Y. for 30 + years. Why would anyone listen to either of them.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

I agree that neither party has done a good job at helping anybody through this problem.

Those children are being used as political football, and so are most illegals in the country regardless of age. I was told by somebody that something like 80% of those children have family in the US?

I imagine if they were legal residents, these family members that the children could be transferred into their custody at least while the immigration process is on going?

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Pop poll ... which of these politicians is the worst?

- Michelle Bachman
- John McCain
- Nancy Pelosi
- Harry Reid

America .. we should be able to do better than this. Comeon ... we have 320+ million Americans. There HAS to be better representation then these clowns. WHY vote in someone (Michelle Bachman) who thinks the world is 6,000 years old. That's gotta' be a clue to not vote for her! Common sense. WHY vote for someone who states straight out he doesn't understand economics (McCain)? This country is in such financial disorder? Common sense ... don't vote for him. Why vote for a woman who says you have to pass the law to get to see what is in the law? (Pelosi). Common sense .. don't vote for her. And Harry 'The border is secure' Reid? Comeon ...

The list of dumb things these people say and do is endless.
This is just unacceptable.
WE THE PEOPLE have got to do better.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

These are CHILDREN. Not Invaders.

Well ... first they send the kids in and when the kids are settled then the rest of the family shows up. Everyone wants 'in'. It's a civilian invasion. Not an armed military one. But it is an invasion.

There are three definitions for invasion. One is an armed seizure but the two others fit this event ... an incursion by a large number of people or things into a place or sphere of activity ... an unwelcome intrusion into another's domain.

They aren't here to take over the country,

It depends on who you ask. There is a great deal of nationalism in Mexico about 'taking back' the South West part of the United States and reclaiming it for Mexico. What better way then to overly populate it with people of Mexican heritage?

Mexican American Legal Defense Fund founder Mario Obledo stated, “California is going to be a Hispanic state. Mexico's President Fox wanted open borders with the USA and there is evidence that the Mexican gov't provides printed maps to Mexicans so they can get across the border.

Zogby Poll -

According to a just-published survey conducted by Zogby International, the polling firm found that a majority of Mexicans say the U.S. southwest “rightfully belongs to Mexico,” and that Mexican citizens should be able to come into those areas freely, without U.S. permission.

The poll found that 58 percent of Mexicans agree with the statement, “The territory of the United States’ southwest rightfully belongs to Mexico.” Zogby said 28 percent disagreed, while another 14 percent said they weren’t sure.

Meanwhile, a similar number – 57 percent – agreed that “Mexicans should have the right to enter the U.S. without U.S. permission,” while 35 percent disagreed and 7 percent were unsure.

There is also the Reconquista movement.
It has popular sentiment among illegal immigrants.

Washington Times - Mxican Aliens Seek to Retake 'Stolen' Land

DENVER — La reconquista, a radical movement calling for Mexico to “reconquer” America’s Southwest, has stepped out of the shadows at recent immigration-reform protests nationwide as marchers held signs saying, “Uncle Sam Stole Our Land!” and waved Mexico’s flag.

Even as organizers urged marchers to display U.S. flags, the theme of reclaiming “stolen” land remained strong. One popular banner read: “If you think I’m illegal because I’m a Mexican, learn the true history because I’m in my homeland.”

“We need to change direction,” said Jose Lugo, an instructor in Ethnic Studies at the University of Colorado at Boulder at a campus march last week. “And by allowing these 50,000, 50 million [immigrants] to come in here, we can do that.”

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

a reply to: Bilk22

I guess were done talking like adults right?

Listen, I'm not the one who tried to tie in murderers and rapists, to immigrant children and how they are going to be dealt with.

Nobody is disputing there's an immigration problem at the border. Obviously there is.

The real problem is that nobody has a solution yet. The GOP and the Tea party and are just spewing talking points. Much as the Dems are.

~Tenth
You're being disingenuous again. First I didn't attack you. Second, the children are what the left want to talk about as they're the cover for everything, aren't they? Gun confiscation and all. Bachmann said that only 10% of those crossing are children yet that doesn't seem to be important to you. I guess Charlie Rangel sitting there gives this interview more legitimacy in your eyes, even though he's a tax dodger and had been stealing social services. Yeah real legitimacy. Meanwhile Michele Bachmann is attacked for speaking the truth, being a successful woman, though not a lib and shares that success with the less fortunate by fostering them in her home. Yeah there's a war on woman alright but it ain't coming from the right.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
here are the invaders, the rapists, Looks like whole families locked up to me.

Lets lock em up like a zoo and gawk at em.

poor kids...poor families

While congress does nothing.

Mailonl ine

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Firstly... wow, is this the quality and level of political debate in the USA?? People just talking at each other, over each other and not listening?

And secondly, this woman, her beliefs and all she stands for in terms of her politics.... just wow.
She's scum.
edit on 16/7/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

Just FYI, Foster parents are paid.

Looks like a lot more than 10% are kids...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join