Michele Bachmann calls immigrant children ‘invaders’ and compares them to rapists

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+8 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Come little ones, come see what the queen of the Tea Party has to say...

Raw Story

“Foreign nationals that have come into the United States are between 300- to 500,000,” Bachmann told an incredulous Crossfire co-host Van Jones. “My heart is broken for a female college student in Minnesota who was raped, murdered and mutilated by a foreign national who came into our country. We had a school bus full of kids in Minnesota — four children were killed on that school bus because an illegal alien driving a van went into that schoolbus.”

??

So, these children, they aren't refugees or people in dire need of somebody to step up and take responsibility. They aren't victims of the drug wars going on in South American countries or Mexico.

They are invaders. Who are going to murder and rape Americans apparently.

Shame on you lady..

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Looks like she dropped her dog whistle.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower
That was a really interesting video clip in your linked source. I was impressed with the way Charles Rangel stepped to her defense and then chastised her for some of her previous radical remarks.

I had no idea Bachmann raised over 20 foster kids.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Let Ms. Bachmann rant. the libs love her as she drives any thinking moderates into the Democrats camp and away from the rightwing conservatives; whether they be Tparty or GOP.

edit on 16-7-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
That was a really interesting video clip in your linked source. I was impressed with the way Charles Rangel stepped to her defense and then chastised her for some of her previous radical remarks.

It was very nice to see a journalist make somebody accountable for their words eh?

So how could you even have that mentality I wonder, after raising 20 foster children, who I would imagine are often in comparable situations than these kids.

But I guess if you aren't born here, the Tea Party Leaders could care less what happens to you.

~Tenth
edit on 7/16/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Well .... it IS an invasion. But it isn't what she's trying to make it out to be. Michelle Bachman ... I don't know if she's entertaining in her absurdity or if she's a post child for 'friends don't let this happen to friends' ....

Side notes ... she's a foster parent?
Do all those kids think the world is only 6,000 years old like she does?
Oh man ....

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Refugee would be the appropriate term but to people like Bachmann, they're diseased takers who are invading our country to rape our women, kill our children, steal our jobs and vote for Democrats.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
How is it every time she does an interview she seems to become even more ignorant. I really liked the way she was dodging answering his questions. Then she of course starts with the old Americans losing jobs bit.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Actually that is not what she said.

Please point to where in her interview she says "the children are rapists". She referred to one case, and she is right. They are legally invaders. Does not mean they do not deserve compassion, but call it like it is.

Many illegal immigrants do commit rape, murder, cause accidents etc... So do many American citizens.

I know you have to use the headline given to the article, but I wonder....did you even read what she actually said?
edit on 16-7-2014 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
In the GOP steering committees the old white men are face palming and saying "Michele, please just stfu; you're not helping the cause" "You're making us look stupid"

The Christian conservative right wing base is rock solid....the question is...how do they attract voters? I wonder if they think hyperbole, hate, and extremism is a proper stratagy?
edit on 16-7-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I'd be with her if she were willing to deport all of the football date rapists and drunk drivers who are citizens, too.

By her rationale, criminals should be deported to Mexico.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
Come little ones, come see what the queen of the Tea Party has to say...

Raw Story

“Foreign nationals that have come into the United States are between 300- to 500,000,” Bachmann told an incredulous Crossfire co-host Van Jones. “My heart is broken for a female college student in Minnesota who was raped, murdered and mutilated by a foreign national who came into our country. We had a school bus full of kids in Minnesota — four children were killed on that school bus because an illegal alien driving a van went into that schoolbus.”

??

So, these children, they aren't refugees or people in dire need of somebody to step up and take responsibility. They aren't victims of the drug wars going on in South American countries or Mexico.

They are invaders. Who are going to murder and rape Americans apparently.

Shame on you lady..

~Tenth
Maybe you need to "moderate" yourself. She said no such thing as your thread title suggests. In the quote you posted, she said a girl was raped by an illegal alien and children were killed in a vehicular accident by an illegal "illegally" operating a motor vehicle. Just hope that doesn't happen to you and yours as there's no recourse.

This thread is very disingenuous. No star or flag

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: brandiwine14

Many illegal immigrants do commit rape, murder, cause accidents etc... So do many American citizens.

And pointing that out, during a conversation about the welfare and planning of what to do with immigrant CHILDREN is relevant how??

Actually that is not what she said.

But when called on it, by the host, she didn't deny what he claimed she said:

“Don’t scapegoat the American people,” Bachmann countered. “Van, don’t scapegoat the American people right now who are losing jobs.”

REALLY?!

They are legally invaders.

They are not, legally considering an invading force, or invaders by any means. They are REFUGEES.

in·vad·er
inˈvādər/Submit
noun
plural noun: invaders
a person or group that invades a country, region, or other place.

The synonyms for the word invader, are : attacker, aggressor, raider, marauder.

The words used during this are actually exceptionally important to how Americans view the issue. Keep telling them that these children are bad and everybody will think they are.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: brandiwine14

Please point to where in her interview she says "the children are rapists". She referred to one case, and she is right. They are legally invaders. Does not mean they do not deserve compassion, but call it like it is.

It's called conflation.

Conflation occurs when the identities of two or more individuals, concepts, or places, sharing some characteristics of one another, seem to be a single identity — the differences appear to become lost.[1] In logic, it is the practice of treating two distinct concepts as if they were one, which produces errors or misunderstandings as a fusion of distinct subjects tends to obscure analysis of relationships which are emphasized by contrasts.

The same tactic was widely used post-9/11 to link Iraq and Al Qaeda in people's minds. It's also an example of selection bias. All part of any propagandist's toolkit.
edit on 2014-7-16 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

It was very nice to see a journalist make somebody accountable for their words eh?

It was Congressman Rangel who drove the stake in. I never knew he was so slick (and I mean that I was impressed).

So how could you even have that mentality I wonder, after raising 20 foster children, who I would imagine are often in comparable situations than these kids.

Even Congressman Rangel was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt there. Bachmann sidestepped all of Jones' attempts to have her finger 'the children' for being anything other than victims. What she wanted to make a point of was the ratio of children to adults in the numbers being debated.

I forget what they said they were (50,000 kids out of 500,000 refugees??) ... and I'll have to research that sometime tomorrow.

-Cheers

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

But I guess if you aren't born here, the Tea Party Leaders could care less what happens to you.

~Tenth
Who is the idiot that's interviewing her and speaking over her when she's revealing the truth about what's happening at the southern border? Thought we all wanted to know the truth? Oh I guess not when it doesn't reflect your false reality.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

I guess were done talking like adults right?

Listen, I'm not the one who tried to tie in murderers and rapists, to immigrant children and how they are going to be dealt with.

Nobody is disputing there's an immigration problem at the border. Obviously there is.

The real problem is that nobody has a solution yet. The GOP and the Tea party and are just spewing talking points. Much as the Dems are.

~Tenth
edit on 7/16/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=18153459]tothetenthpower[/post

They are letting people in without screening them or keeping track of them, they go out get lost many do well, some rape, murder, molest, cause accidents....she made a GREAT point. We need to know who we are letting in, nothing wrong with that.

Are you suggesting that people can not think for themselves? There are border laws and they are illegals and they are invading.

I am all for allowing people to come here legally, and i'm all for treating these children humanely and taking each situation case by case. I'm not a fan of Bachmans but your thread is hyperbole.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

She didn't "raise" 20 foster children. Some were likely only with her for a week. Source

According to the Minnesota Department of Human Services, Bachmann’s license, which she had for 7 1/2 years, allowed her to care for up to three children at a time. According to Kris Harvieux, a former senior social worker in the foster care system in Bachmann’s county, some placements were almost certainly short term. “Some of them you have for a week. Some of them you have for three years, some you have for six months,” says Harvieux, who also served as a foster parent herself. “She makes it sound like she got them at birth and raised them to adulthood, but that’s not true.”

On topic, she and Dick Cheney should get together. The more they open their mouths, the more idiotic their party looks.

To those complaining about the title, it's the title of the article.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
It is an invasion,they are invaders and that is all there is.

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join