It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Connecticut rejects request to house children!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Well thank God our state is standing up against the Feds.

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — Connecticut officials have rejected a federal request to temporarily house up to 2,000 immigrant children from Central America at a mostly-vacant facility built for developmentally disabled adults.

www.ctpost.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
That's a shocker. I would have bet money Malloy would have rolled out the red carpet and washed each childs feet himself while looking up at Obama for approval.

Maybe CT is finally accepting that its completely bankrupt after decades of denial.

C'mon, CT. Just one more tiny tax raise. You can do it. You've accepted so many already.
And what's a few more displaced youths with shady pasts roaming the streets of Hartford, New Haven and Bridgeport? Think of all the cultural benefits!

The Latin Kings, Los Solidos, NETA, MS13 and the Trinitarians could use the members.

Open your hearts CT.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: thisguyrighthere
I can't agree with you more, I can't stand Malloy!

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
From the opening post article -

temporarily house up to 2,000 immigrant children

Sure ... temporarily house 2,000 illegal teens ... 'temporarily' .... The reality is that it would end up being forever AND next thing you know is that the families of the illegal kids will show up demanding to be with the kids and then Connecticut would be stuck with them all.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I wish my state would do the same, but it will be interesting to see what happens, as the protesting has already started.

Vassar protests

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
If this liberal state is saying no, maybe just maybe we still have a chance.
The worst president in history is losing his grip on the ones that elected him.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Good for them.

I only wish my own countrymen had the same balls...and common sense.

We are now awash with the waifs and strays of the world.

There are centres up and down the country for illegals, but not a whimper of complaint from anyone.

Brits have lost their own country.

Good - they don't deserve it.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: thisguyrighthere

Ha! Great response with respect to recruitment.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: nighthawk1954
Well thank God our state is standing up against the Feds.

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — Connecticut officials have rejected a federal request to temporarily house up to 2,000 immigrant children from Central America at a mostly-vacant facility built for developmentally disabled adults.

www.ctpost.com...

LOL so they were all for shipping illegals all over the place and defending Obama for doing it, up to the point they were destined for Connecticut.

Karma is awesome.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

It appears Gov. Malloy feels his political chair is a wee bit wobbly....he's leading the charge of Dems attempting to distance themselves from Obama's agenda of boosting their voting base with Spanish only ballots.

Des

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Your right Des Molloy future is not looking good in the next election.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Illegal immigrants = undocumented Democrats.

a reply to: nighthawk1954
Aside from something major occurring prior to the midterms I think the Democrats are going to take a massive slug to the face.

edit on 16-7-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
It's about time our States start standing up for themselves and not taking this crap! We already have millions of illegals and it has left a negative impact all across the Country. Every time we turn around there are millions more coming through .Take care of our own Countrymen first. It seems lately no matter where I go I hear people speaking in Spanish and I am nowhere near the border. I didn't leave my Country, they left theirs!

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Des do you live in CT,?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: nighthawk1954
Des do you live in CT,?

No..N Ga mountains.

Des

top topics