It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Reaction if VP Cheney Killed In Kabul?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
ok why dont we just make a bush/cheney robot dumby and then send them walking down the street, in bagdad. now tell me that will not draw out a lot of fire? that would be perfect for rooting out all the bad apples. cyborg dubya away!

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Agreed. Most politicians are extremely dirty. It's a shame really. Most have more skeletons in their closet than Charles Manson. Just because someone is a good man doesn't mean he is good for everyone.

I honestly don't think this country cares enough about Cheney to do anything else except get a new 2nd in command. I'm sure the "Evil Doers" will come to justice.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Someone said that the Taliban and al Qaeda will muster all of their resources to get to Cheney. What does this mean, "all their resources"?

Could it possibly be an opportunity for us to finally see some of our MOABs in action?

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Looks like Bush is going ALL THE WAY in the massive shake-up of his cabinet. The best excuse in the world to invade Iran would be for Cheney
to be God forbid "offed" while he is in Afganistain.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Yeah, alot of people would be even more angry. But what would the U.S. do? Pick another muslim country to carpet bomb? Send more troops into the wilds to hunt down Bin Laden? I think that everything that can be done is being done. If Mr. Cheney wishes to put himself in harms way- so be it. At least he isn't just sitting behind a desk as he sends soldiers to die.

[edit on 4-12-2004 by Der Kapitan]

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The Constitution outlines what must be done under these circumstances. Woulda, shoulda, couldas, don't count.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
If Cheney was killed, who would run the country? Maybe Karl Rove as the new VP?
They'd have to replace him right quick, we would definatly need a leader in this country.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Behold, the trolls that have taken this place from the heights it once found.
[edit on 2-12-2004 by Thomas Crowne]

OH NO!!!!! THEY KILLED THE CONSPIRACIES!!!!!!

They're killing America! And a website! And puppies and kitties and butteflies!!!! They make Jesus cry, becauese they don't agree with you!

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
In my opinion, if the VP was "eliminated" so to speak, it would have a positive result for the United States.

Think about it, the U.S. is under heavy criticism due to our "war", what better way to alleviate most of it than having your "enemy" kill the number 2 man?

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
From my distant European perpective I can only guess what the response of Amercans would be :

I think there would be outrage, but not much angry lynchmobbing parties on the streets, as would be the case if Bush was the target. After all, while not being the most popular president, he does represent the country and he has that average Joe image that people can identify with. I think many people see Cheney more of a matchmaker between industry and politics , operating more behind the scenes, doing the dirty work that must get done , kind of a Lyndon B. Johnson. While I am not fond of Bush, he looks honest in his believes and I would trust him to buy a second hand car from him, not from Cheney. I think many people feel the same way, therefore I think Cheney will not be worth WW3 or something...

[edit on 5-12-2004 by Countermeasures]

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I highly doubt Cheney would be assassinated. Usually, politicians who are assassinated are men of peace, while men of war usually die in their beds - all for some reason I can't fathom.

However, I'm sure there's already a contingency plan in place at the White House, with names of candidates to replace Cheney should he become incapacitated or die. Remember, the guys has heart problems, and he's heading into his mid-sixties...

Interestingly enough, if Cheney were to die or be incapacitated, and Bush had to undergo surgery at some point while there was no Vice President, the country would be run by Dennis Hastert.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join