It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's now a crime to stab your watermelon!!??????

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
dont stab watermelons then

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I have to say, that the article was very poorly written.
It does not give any info on the woman. It doesn't say if it was this mans wife, girlfriend, ect. it just says "The Woman"
Also, it wasn't clear on the watermelon situation. She came home, it says, and the drugs were missing, but showed the police photos. Did she come home, not find the drugs, then went to the police to show them? Then come home to find the watermelon?
In my opinion, this guy should not be facing ANY charges. IF he had kept the knife plunged into the watermelon? Maybe.
The article claims he walked in "seconds later" and finished carving. The burden of proof is on the state. There is no way to prove that he was threatening her.

Really, the only provable thing in all of this, is that the woman, was in possession of drugs.
It also proves that both of these people need to learn to use their words.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
If Im on the jury he walks. This is how we take back what we have lost.
Use your jury summons as a tool to level the field. Its the strongest single vote
most people ever cast.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: nfflhome
you just proved that you would be a bad selection to be on the jury since you haven't heard the whole story and have already made you mind up!

I am sure that there is alot of facts we are not informed of which could possibly change your mind.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
a reply to: Merlynn

And that is why, if you can avoid it, you don't use a public defender.

I am just guessing, but that is exactly what they tell people a lot of the time when they go into court using one.
Never plead guilty, or accept a lesser charge if you did nothing wrong.

As to the OPs story.

I could see that as a threat under the right circumstances. If he has a history of domestic violence, or threats, and gazed at his wife while cutting up the watermelon...yeah, that would be a threat, especially if she had just busted him with the drugs.

I'm sure there is a lot more to the story that people don't know.

My mom worked in the same courthouse he had to appear. She knew the attorney and said she was one of the best.

One of the problems was the person who made the charges was a cop.

However my brother never talked to the cop.

We all know cops lie, but they are still believed in court.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join