It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Bush screws up?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
What the liberals are thinking is what if he "screws up" and finds the WMDs?

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
What if he screws up further?

Well, we will just have to deal with it, wont we?

We're a very forgiving nation....the question is will anyone be left in this nation to forgive those hidding in their bunkers?

Bush is now accusing Iran, immediately after they sent word they would not continue their nuke program, of having more weapons likethis It appears we will stop at nothing this time for another "invasion"
Never mind sending inspectors, Bush has "intelligence" again...thats good enough. Hell after one invasion he was re-elected so imagine what another invasion will do for Bush.

Cant wait to see the outcome of this one.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
It all depends on how you look at it...whether or not Bush has already screwed up.

As far as foreign policy goes...where do I even begin? Bush is a big fat failure. Too bad most of the United States doesn't really care...

There are still valid arguments for the war in Iraq, (as long as people are realistic about why we went in the first place - oil). It will be very interesting to see the results of the election in Iraq, come January.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
What the liberals are thinking is what if he "screws up" and finds the WMDs?

Umm sorry Frosty but a US team there already concluded that weren't WMDS, and Bush already admitted that there wasn't any. Remember thats when he blamed it on the "bad" intelligence.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Masked avatar, why not try and start the new board out with logical discussion instead of your senseless rhetoric-as-usual policy? Your spin is even more fitting for the Clinton admin, so shove it.

I'm sorry but i have to agree with the guy on this one. I can't remember the last time I saw a post from Masked Avatar, Margo, Dgtempe, etc. that actually looked thought out and more than 4 or 5 sentences in length... It's the same mindless rhetoric over and over again.

They have it dead set in their minds that Bush can't, won't, and hasn't done anything good for their country. We all know this, must they continually express their views through brash little snippets here and there?

Anyways, back to the reason for this post. Yes, if another attack on the US occurs I'm almost sure it will have an impact on the Conservative party. Bush has taken over the reigns of probably one of the most difficult presidencies in the history of our nation. Under these circumstances I feel he has done a pretty good job.

I think a big situation that could hurt the party is the elections in Iraq. If these don't go well there may be huge consequences to the party. Oh the media is going to have a field day with them. You just wait and see.

I'm sure there are people out there hoping these elections in Iraq go sour... I won't name names but I'll bet you can figure out who I am thinking about...........................

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Masked avatar, why not try and start the new board out with logical discussion instead of your senseless rhetoric-as-usual policy? Your spin is even more fitting for the Clinton admin, so shove it.

Instead of mindlessly supporting Bush, how about you offer up some evidence of any good he has done for anyone other than the wealthy...

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter

Instead of mindlessly supporting Bush, how about you offer up some evidence of any good he has done for anyone other than the wealthy...

I'm drunk atm.... but... how's about a tax break?..... straight across the board. But even after I say this I'm sure you'll deny it because you're brainwashed into thinking Bush and Republicans are only for the weathy 5% of this country.

Keep believing the lies man... I'm smokin' a bowl to your post............... Cheers@!!!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Lost Sailor your right, Bush gave everyone a tax cut. Except the middle class got a few hundred dollars back, while the upper class got a few thousand or more back. Honestly does the top 1 percent really needed that tax break??? No, what would have been smart was give the tax break to the middle class and below, and take the tax money from the top 1 percent and invested in i dont know health care, education, or a public works job. Bush was right on education, teachers need to be held accountable, but their is a lack of funding for no child left behind. So has Bush done anything really beneficial for this country?

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Oh... so you think the rich in America should pay more in taxes then everyone else because they can afford it. Never mind the fact they may have "earned" that money through hard work and determination.

The fact that the buisness owners of America.... having to pay less in taxes.... might directly effect the working class Americans has no merit to you at all I can see.

I am not one of those rich Americans.... but if you look into the larger picture of America you might see what's going on in a differant light.

A tax break to the middle and lower class may have an.... immediate effect.... but the upper class tax break has a longer effect.

Do you understand what I'm trying to say?

And BTW... Bush is in the process of reforming the educational system.

[edit on 4-12-2004 by LostSailor]

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
A tax break for the rich, who have the resources to find holes in the tax codes, and whose businesses are given tax breaks IF they even bothered setting up their home office on American soil. And not only that, but getting away with paying the lower class workers in this country as little as possible and as few benefits as possible. And then there's the peasants insurance that a business can claim, not to mention the fact that they can and do manipulate accounting to suit themselves, but also having so much money, they get special privaleges and often help make policy to their liking. Man, it must be tough to have worked so hard to screw everyone else over.

So I ask again...just who and what has benefitted from Bush being in office?...

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
you know the saying the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Every year that gap grows, every year there are more people who don't have health care, every year there are more people who can barely afford a living. You know Lost Sailor, the rich are taxed more to try and even it out, but with all the loop holes the rich have they pay less taxes then anybody else. They didn't need that tax break, and eventually the American people are going to get quite tired of having a elite group of people running America, and then your going to see a major shake up.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor

They have it dead set in their minds that Bush can't, won't, and hasn't done anything good for their country. We all know this, must they continually express their views through brash little snippets here and there?

I am pleased you agree too that Bush can't, won't and hasn't done anything good for the country where he's president. My purpose in this topic was to straighten out the logic and the use of future tense. My point was made, other members felt I was insulted by TC, and I addressed that personally before another member decided and heinously alleged that I had been insulting 2,500 times and that I have used "salon.com" as a source. What a misoverestimation.

Oh well, that's "PTS" for you...

But I am afraid you are not reading widely enough if you say that people's posts are "mindless rhetoric". The members that you mention have indeed backed up their position with their analysis of events and the Bush government's manipulation, complicity in or negligence in them.

I happen to have focused on the orchestrated lies to support foreign incursions, the whole 9/11 cover-up, and the removal of civil rights from the populace, and the destruction of a clean and auditable electoral process, for some cornerstones of why this administration is so bad. And it is by any of those measures.

When other people "mindlessly" support the Bush administration, I have on four occasions of late encouraged them to keep a daily log of ANY POSITIVE ACTION that is being taken by the Bush administration. I have yet to see a single entry. I can see from this topic that many other people have a similar view.

Maybe a Bush administration supporter could start such a log. It shouldn't be Mission Impossible, should it?

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

I am pleased you agree too that Bush can't, won't and hasn't done anything good for the country where he's president.

What the hell makes you think I agree with you? That's right... keep getting the information you "want" to hear from salon.com and rense.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor

I am pleased you agree too that Bush can't, won't and hasn't done anything good for the country where he's president.

What the hell makes you think I agree with you?

Because that's exactly what you expressed. Read your post for yourself.

I genuinely would like to see a daily log of positive actions by the Bush administration. It would at least provide the basis for discussion of any merits of this government.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Masked, you will never see that log

The log would require positive entries daily, there are none

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I genuinely would like to see a daily log of positive actions by the Bush administration. It would at least provide the basis for discussion of any merits of this government.

So would I. Everytime I ask for some genuine credability from a Bush supporter about the administration, they come up empty handed...

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 02:41 AM
link   
You know one thing that I think Bush should really quit doing is how he "consults" to God so much. I can understand where he prays to God, but when he says he seeks the guidance of God, I think thats crossing the line with keeping state and church separate.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
theres nothing wrong with him evoking god, its a very natural thing. i dont agree with it at all, but if he sees god as a driving force then hey, let him try and emulate god. i for one would like to see some similarities.

he does go, i think, a little overboard. he can though, hes judging the character of the american man. if he had followed god so much, hed have lost votes from the red and not gained from the blue.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
well... here is one right here.... but this is bias information.... You ever wonder why Republicans are a minority on a site like this? I'm guessing they are to busy with their "respectable" jobs and family...... ohhhhhhh.... ouch.....:bnghd:

www.rightwingnews.com...

www.townhall.com...

www.gop.gov...

Peace....

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Back on topic though i think a failure of Bushes policies would result in a devastating set back for the Republican party possibly even their eventual fade from political relevance as a party.

Now if his policies succeed I'm pretty sure we would see the reverse. In other words the exit of the democratic party from political relevance.

Honestly I hope that Bushes policies even though I find them repellant actually work and this political social and economic crises is averted. As much as I love to say i told you so, I infinitely prefer having a job being able to support my loved ones and keeping a roof over our heads.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join