It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MISSING 411 - Incident in Cherokee Land

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   

To Readers / Those who familiar with the MISSING 411 books , this is another strange 'Missing' case that ended in Happy Ending. The location is in the Cherokee Land (South East US / Appalachian mountains) , it is an incident documented in American Ethnology Annual Report for 1897-8. The story was found by Prof Michael Swords the UFO researcher who found the data in Ivan Sanderson's book collection. Here's the detail so you can read and judge for yourself what happened to this poor kid.

thebiggeststudy.blogspot.com...

THE STORY

The story takes place in a forested mountain setting which would be just fine for ancient Ireland or Wales or Scotland. Not only did Wafford [Mooney's confidant] hear this from the experiencer, but had heard it previously from several second hand sources [which is why he looked the fellow up for an interview]. All of Wafford's sources said that this man was "a truthful, hard-headed man". Here is what he was told:

When he was 10-12 years old he was practicing with bow-and-arrow near the river and got tired of it. He sat on the riverbank building a fish trap, and was piling up some stones to wall in the fish. A normal looking stranger came up to him, remarked that this looked like hard work, and he should take a break. The boy was quite willing to do that, but didn't know if the next offer [to come up the river and have dinner at the stranger's house] was the right thing to do. But customs were different in those days, and the boy went along.

The house was fine and the people very friendly. He had a nice meal, and while doing so, a friend of his family arrived at the stranger's house, and that made him feel at home. He played with the family's children, went to sleep, woke in the morning, had breakfast, and began to get started for home.

He and the original gentleman began walking down a path between a cornfield on one side and a peach orchard on the other. Soon the trail connected with another one, and the man said: go by this trail to the ridge ahead and you'll come to the river road. That will take you straight home. And he turned and went back to his house and farm.

The boy walked just a little way towards the river, and, in curiosity, turned and looked back. There was no peach orchard nor cornfield. There was no house nor trail. There was only the mountainside and the trees.

He continued uneventfully back home, where he was greeted by many who had been looking for him. In explanation, he told his story. He saw the family friend who had visited that house also that evening. But the friend said: no, I have been with everyone else looking for you. His family told him that no house was there and that the family friend was an impersonation by the Nunne'hi..

They told him that there have sometimes been the sounds of drumming coming from that mountainside, but he had visited no men, but the Nunne'hi.

The Irish know all about what happened there. Whether it's called "The Lost Sod" or the "World Alongside", the boy had passed into the parallel world of the Nunne'hi and, just there, passed back out again.

ADDITIONAL WORDS FROM PROF MICHAEL SWORDS

Ivan Sanderson had a very poor-quality copy of several pages of James Mooney's MYTHS of the CHEROKEE from the Bureau of American Ethnology Annual Report for 1897-8... I don't know why I even bothered to squint away at the crumby document, but I'm glad that I did. [

What it was was the field information gathered about a type of paranormal being [society of beings] who resemble old Celtic ideas of the Siddhe --- not the little people of Faerie, but the full-sized entities more like the Tuatha DeDanaan. I was surprised by both the tale told and the fact that Sanderson was even interested, as he shows little interest in such things elsewhere in the collection. Ivan didn't really like the paranormal that much. Maybe he thought that this tale hinted of something more like a "lost tribe".

Well, I am very interested even if Ivan was only luke warm. The introduction to the story that I'm going to tell shortly spoke of this "race" of "magical"/ paranormal beings called the Nunne'hi. They were described as full-sized persons, looking just like the local Native Americans, and mainly friendly and occasionally helpful. As they were described I got more interested. They liked singing and dancing in the forests. Some were said to reside under ancient mounds --- WHOA! just a minute, I thought, what's going on here? The Cherokee and the Celts aren't supposed to have made up the same myths!

Then I read the story which had been collected. There it was: the characteristic of a tale about an actual Encounter, rather than a dramatized folkwisdom tale for around-the-campfire.

The more that I find of this stuff [and it has been a walloping great mound of it], the less possible I believe that one can sustain that nothing paranormal is going on in these incidents. How is the "coincidence" of these characteristics across the ocean possible, if not because they both arise from a real underlying shared cause? The Cherokee even have their second and separate group of knee-high little people to go along with the 5+ footers. I will probably go to my grave "All-The-Way-Fool" in my belief in this all-too-infrequently-manifested reality. "They" are one of the few things that I've not experienced and would like to do so. Just for fun.

edit on 16-7-2014 by milomilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
A text based (easy on the bandwith) document of Evan Wentz Faerie faith is here

www.sacred-texts.com...

Those who familiar with MISSING 411's anomalies, consider a few of these similarities from Faerie Documents..

* MISSING PEOPLE TAKEN INTO UNDERGROUND DWELLING *

Knock Ma Fairies.--'Knock Ma, which you see over there, is said to contain excavated passages and a palace where the fairies live, and with them the people they have taken. And from the inside of the hill there is believed to be an entrance to an underground world. It is a common opinion that after consumptives die they are there with the fairies in good health. The wasted body is not taken into the hill, for it is usually regarded as not the body of the deceased but rather as that of a changeling, the general belief being that the real body and the soul are carried off together, and those of an old person from Fairyland substituted. The old person left soon declines and dies.'

'Gentry' Stations.--'Especially in Ireland, the gentry live inside the mountains in beautiful castles; and there are a good many branches of them in other countries. Like armies, they have various stations and move from one to another. Some live in the Wicklow Mountains near Dublin.'

* BOULDER FIELDS / STONE FIELDS STRANGENESS *

Fairy Preserves.--'A heap of stones in a field should not be disturbed, though needed for building--especially if they are part of an ancient tumulus. The fairies are said to live inside the pile, and to move the stones would be most unfortunate. If a house happens to be built on a fairy preserve, or in a fairy track, the occupants will have no luck. Everything will go wrong. Their animals will die, their children fall sick, and no end of trouble will come on them.

When the house happens to have been built in a fairy track, the doors on the front and back, or the windows if they are in the line of the track, cannot be kept closed at night, for the fairies must march through. Near Ballinrobe there is an old fort which is still the preserve of the fairies, and the land round it. The soil is very fine, and yet no one would dare to till it. Some time ago in laying out a new road the engineers determined to run it through the fort, but the people rose almost in rebellion, and the course had to be changed. The farmers wouldn't cut down a tree or bush growing on the hill or preserve for anything.'

* MISSING PEOPLE FOUND WITH CONFUSED STATE OF MIND *

Those who Return from Faerie.--'Persons in a short trance-state of two or three days' duration are said to be away with the fairies enjoying a festival. The festival may be very material in its nature, or it may be purely spiritual. Sometimes one may thus go to Faerie for an hour or two; or one may remain there for seven, fourteen, or twenty-one years. The mind of a person coming out of Fairyland is usually a blank as to what has been seen and done there.

Another idea is that the person knows well enough all about Fairyland, but is prevented from communicating the knowledge. A certain woman of whom I knew said she had forgotten all about her experiences in Faerie, but a friend who heard her objected, and said she did remember, and wouldn't tell. A man may remain awake at night to watch one who has been to Fairyland to see if that one holds communication with the fairies. Others say in such a case that the fairies know you are on the alert, and will not be discovered.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
* IN SOME MISSING CASES THE PERSON WAS LAST SEEN WALKING IN A FIELD OF STONES / BOULDERS *

Where Fairies Live.-- When I asked Patsy where the fairies live, he turned half around, and pointing in the direction of Dun Aengus, which was in full view on the sharp sky-line of Aranmore, said that there, in a large tumulus on the hillside below it, they had one of their favourite abodes. But, he added, 'The rocks are full of them, and they are small fellows.'

Just across the road from where we were standing, in a spot near Oak Quarter, another place was pointed out where the fairies are often seen dancing. The name of it is Moneen an Damhsa, 'the Little Bog of the Dance.' Other sorts of fairies live in the sea; and some of them who live on Aranmore (probably in conjunction with those in the sea) go out over the water and cause storms and wind.

* IN SOME MISSING CASES THE VICTIM INDICATE SOMEONE/SOMETHING KIDNAPPED HIM/HER ON PURPOSE *

Encounters with the' Gentry'.--'When I was a young man I often used to go out in the mountains over there (pointing out of the window in their direction) to fish for trout, or to hunt; and it was in January on a cold, dry day while carrying my gun that I and a friend with me, as we were walking around Ben Bulbin, saw one of the gentry for the first time. I knew who it was, for I had heard the gentry described ever since I could remember; and this one was dressed in blue with a head-dress adorned with what seemed to be frills.

When he came up to us, he said to me in a sweet and silvery voice, "The seldomer you come to this mountain the better. A young lady here wants to take you away." Then he told us not to fire off our guns, because the gentry dislike being disturbed by the noise. And he seemed to be like a soldier of the gentry on guard. As we were leaving the mountains, he told us not to look back, and we didn't.

* INVISIBLE DOMAIN / AREA SHARING THE SAME PHYSICAL SPACE *

The Invisible Island.--'There is an enchanted island which is an invisible island between Innishmurray and the mainland opposite. It is only seen once in seven years. I saw it myself, and so did four or five others with me. A boatman from Sligo named Carr took two strange men with him towards Innishmurray, and they disappeared at the spot where the island is, and he thought they had fallen overboard and been drowned.

Carr saw one of the same men in Connelly (County Donegal), some six months or so after, and with great surprise said to him, "Will you tell me the wonders of the world? Is it you I saw drowned near Innishmurray?" "Yes," he said; and then asked, "Do you see me?" "Yes," answered Carr. "But," said the man again, "you do not see me with both eyes?" Then Carr closed one eye to be sure, and found that he saw him with one eye only. And he told the man which one it was. At this information the fairy man blew on Carr's face, and Carr never saw him again.'

* MISSING PERSON LOCATION SOMETIMES HAVE CONNECTION WITH BRUSH / THORN / BERRIES *

A Girl Recovered from Faerie.--'One day, just before sunset in midsummer, and I a boy then, my brother and cousin and myself were gathering bilberries (whortleberries) up by the rocks at the back of here, when all at once we heard music. We hurried round the rocks, and there we were within a few hundred feet of six or eight of the gentle folk, and they dancing. When they saw us, a little woman dressed all in red came running out from them towards us, and she struck my cousin across the face with what seemed to be a green rush.

We ran for home as hard as we could, and when my cousin reached the house she fell dead. Father saddled a horse and went for Father Ryan. When Father Ryan arrived, he put a stole about his neck and began praying over my cousin and reading psalms and striking her with the stole; and in that way brought her back. He said if she had not caught hold of my brother, she would have been taken for ever.'

'Ghosts and apparitions are commonly said to live in isolated thorn-bushes, or thorn-trees. Many lonely bushes of this kind have their ghosts. For example, there is Fanny's Bush, Sally's Bush, and another I know of in County Sligo near Boyle.'

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Very interesting at the least I think DP has an interesting thing going and the topic is very broad. I do not know about faeries and all that but still very interesting thank you for sharing this bro!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
Very interesting at the least I think DP has an interesting thing going and the topic is very broad. I do not know about faeries and all that but still very interesting thank you for sharing this bro!!!

your welcome..

Totally agree that mr Paulides really hit on something that most modern humanity forgot. These phenomena exists since ancient times and yet our 'progress' in material science changed human's beliefs in these entities. But no matter what human believes, these entities still exists and have been doing what they been doing since human existed..

One thing that should be mentioned, unlike other cases of MISSING 411, the entity in this story is pretty friendly and also pretty responsible in returning the kid safely. Compare it with the kid that was taken in mount shasta by someone pretending to be his grandma , and after kidnapping him never once comfort the kid , even asking the kid to poop on a paper and got angry when the kid refused. Or the girl that was kidnapped by a thing she called mr bear, who fed her berries from the bear's paw (since when a bear can carry berris in it's paws???) and then cuddle the girl so she might get warm , before leaving her to be found by the searchers..

Seems there exist nasty entities how irresponsibly just kidnap kids for their own enjoyment ( im not talking about human entities here) and there are courteous entities who FORMALLY INVITE THE 'VICTIM' (is he a victim or a guest?) and RETURN HIM SAFELY..

now, which entity would you prefer to meet in the wilderness when you are alone ?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Thank you for this awesome thread!

I love reading all these stories because this is in my "neck of the woods"!!
The Appalachian/Smoky/Blue Ridge Mountains are all VERY close and familiar to me. I can see how strange beings could hide there.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: sled735
Thank you for this awesome thread!

I love reading all these stories because this is in my "neck of the woods"!!
The Appalachian/Smoky/Blue Ridge Mountains are all VERY close and familiar to me. I can see how strange beings could hide there.

glad you enjoyed it.. at least these entities near your place seems friendly enough unlike those in western nationa parks where they just kidnapped you and then returned you back in confusion..

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
There is a short story called "The Mound" written in the 1930s by Zealia Bishop and HP Lovecraft it's about missing people who come to close to a mound known to the locals as haunted by Indians. The story takes place in Oklahoma's Indian territory, the home of the displaced Cherokee people. Ms. Bishop was a local who must have been inspired from the same source of Faery mounds although in the story, missing people met horrible fates.

The Mound was an entry to massive underground realm where ancient humans live in an advance yet decadent society. Other beings and lost gods live deep under Oklahoma.
edit on 16-7-2014 by WhiskyJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Love it, reminds me of things I have read up on when researching my Irish Ancestry, the parallels are intriguing.

Odd thing about it for me at least when I have been in areas that have had these types of stories attached to them, it didn't make me nervous, made me comfortable because I didn't feel I had anything to fear from them.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The paranormal literature is rife with dimensional cross-overs and glimpses of neighboring realities... once you start digging there are enough to occupy you 'till death.

I. Sanderson identified the areas around the Earth where the "veil" was thinnest ... the "vile vortexes" ...like the Devil's Triangle off Bermuda, and the Dragon's off S-E Japan, all spaced in the Northern and Southern Hemisphere's equidistantly... and his study of the stats of strange disappearances seem to support this... but confirmation bias might be at play.

South of where I live in AZ is a remote hill where an old native stone arch sometimes shows sunlight when it's dark out and has other high strangeness associated with it... friends have seen cottages from the past appear in the NY woods and once I saw what looked like a brilliantly lit fair ground appear where there was only a dark neighborhood normally.

Don't know, but the sheer number of these stories point to something real at it's root... we don't hear about pink talking pandas in such numbers. And other dimensions are real... possibly even other Universes... whether other realities can bleed over into ours is the question... and accounts say yes, they can.

Certain UFO accounts sure point to this "bleed over" too... indicates a much weirder world... or worlds.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: WhiskyJack

Does that story take place in Beaver, Oklahoma (panhandle)? I'd heard about a place of mysterious disappearances taking place up there. Researched a little and found this from another researcher: speakingofhookers.new.newsvine.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
wow, awesome thread OP. I grew up on Long Island in New York. Spent a lot of time in the woods growing up there. And as I got older I enjoyed many a hike and mountain climb up and down the east coast. I love the woods and just being out in the wilderness. I know in one of my past lives that I lived in the wilds with only a couple of wolves as company. Living off the land and watching for poachers. So as you may imagine I'm a huge fan of David Paulide's work. His Missing 411 books have changed the way I view our national parks. I've also read up on a lot of Fairy mythology and it's SO interesting to me.

You're posts are very informative and they really strike a chord with me. I never thought to view the Missing 411 books in terms of celtic mythology but, I really think you're on the right track. Some of these people like you said are being taken by entities against the persons will while others are actually being INVITED like you said. People have gone off the whole other parallel landscapes. Stayed in places, eaten with people who look exactly like their relatives. Others have experienced grand festivities and come back while other have vanished completely or we have only found some of their bones stripped clean in the woods.

There is a lot going on out there in the wilderness that our modern society just can't fathom. Those of us with an open mind know some of these disappearances in our national parks are not just a case of someone getting lost or disoriented. It's a shame that over time the knowledge of what exists out there has slowly been. People are going out and about without any idea of the possible ramifications of their actions and the lack the proper "wilderness etiquette" per-say and get themselves in trouble or they run into something they're wholly unprepared for. Also, I love the tie ins with the boulder fields, briar/berry patches that you mentioned. Very interesting stuff.

I really want to go to Mount Shasta one of these days just to experience the area. The whole mountain is supposed to be inhabited.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Makes me think of this film. It's not too pretty bad for indie horror.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Just wanted to add my 2 pence.

Faerie and other inter-dimensionals like goblins and so on exist on planes very close to our own depending on location, elements, zodiac and energy.

I know that greys and others exist and are basically drones out performing tasks. Faeries are of the inter earth and the reason they have been presenting themselves more often is that humanity has become very self destructive. Earth and home are related to growth, harvest, comfort and family. Lately it would appear a disconnect between relationships and family settings. What I mean is the interpersonal connection along with values and integrity. We are demolishing our planet and making parking lots and strip malls like it was the thing to do.

Why don't we plant crops instead of grass? Yea I understand the requirements of harvest, but the vanity of Judgment from outsiders far outweigh the needs and standards of current living conditions.

I just hope we can move forward with the planet and not against it.

Remember war is natures form of population control. That is why there is a boom of males born prior to a substantial conflict. About 18 years.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: whitewave

The back story of The Mound was of an ambitious Spaniard who broke away from that expedition to go searching for the fabled golden cities. The location was somewhere in the Witchita mountains.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: CallmeRaskolnikov
wow, awesome thread OP. I grew up on Long Island in New York. Spent a lot of time in the woods growing up there. And as I got older I enjoyed many a hike and mountain climb up and down the east coast. I love the woods and just being out in the wilderness. I know in one of my past lives that I lived in the wilds with only a couple of wolves as company. Living off the land and watching for poachers. So as you may imagine I'm a huge fan of David Paulide's work. His Missing 411 books have changed the way I view our national parks. I've also read up on a lot of Fairy mythology and it's SO interesting to me.

You're posts are very informative and they really strike a chord with me. I never thought to view the Missing 411 books in terms of celtic mythology but, I really think you're on the right track. Some of these people like you said are being taken by entities against the persons will while others are actually being INVITED like you said. People have gone off the whole other parallel landscapes. Stayed in places, eaten with people who look exactly like their relatives. Others have experienced grand festivities and come back while other have vanished completely or we have only found some of their bones stripped clean in the woods.

There is a lot going on out there in the wilderness that our modern society just can't fathom. Those of us with an open mind know some of these disappearances in our national parks are not just a case of someone getting lost or disoriented. It's a shame that over time the knowledge of what exists out there has slowly been. People are going out and about without any idea of the possible ramifications of their actions and the lack the proper "wilderness etiquette" per-say and get themselves in trouble or they run into something they're wholly unprepared for. Also, I love the tie ins with the boulder fields, briar/berry patches that you mentioned. Very interesting stuff.

I really want to go to Mount Shasta one of these days just to experience the area. The whole mountain is supposed to be inhabited.

isnt this mount shasta one of the hotspot ? careful goin in there and dont be alone

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiskyJack
a reply to: whitewave

The back story of The Mound was of an ambitious Spaniard who broke away from that expedition to go searching for the fabled golden cities. The location was somewhere in the Witchita mountains.

There's a pretty scary story about brazilian area in Belo Horizonte , the story was collected by Bob Pratt / MUFON.

There was a spanish explorer who ran away from the law and hide in the deep jungles among the indians. The indians said that they avoided a certain river at certain nights because some 'dragon' or 'snake' passing tru the river and taking people away.

one night a friend of this explorer go to the river with an old indian woman , and the next morning the explorer found his friend near the river and the woman gone. the friend was in state of shock and when he came to he said a ball of light / a light form was moving on the river following it's course and he felt a pull toward it, he hold on to a tree but the woman was pulled away. when the lightform gone around the riverbend, the pull also gone and he then lost consciousness..

The explorer name that valley : Valley of the river of old woman

The reference is MUFON BOB PRATT BRAZIL BELO HORIZONTE

Anyone else remember the 1970s incident where a Rally Car was pulled by unknown light at night in south america ? whats with south america and these entities who keep pulling people up ??

www.nicap.org...

Sept. 22-23, 1978; Buenos Aires Province, Argentina
Car participating in road rally brightly illuminated by glowing object, lifted off road, driver and passenger blinded, steering control lost (section VI).

inexplicata.blogspot.com...

Carlos Acevedo was at the wheels of the Citroen when he suddenly saw a bright light reflected in his rear view mirror. It was a dense, yellowish light. At first it looked like only a dot in the mirror. However, its size increased as he watched.

Acevedo and Moya were driving at around 100 kilometers an hour at the moment. In spite of this, the light was closing in swiftly, causing Acevedo to believe that it was the headlights of one of the heavier vehicles (Citroen 2400s or a Mercedes Benz), causing him to slow down and pull over to the right edge of the asphalt in order to allow another Rally competitor to pass him by.

The light was already filling the rear view mirror and kept closing in. Suddenly, the passenger compartment in Acevedo and Moya’s Citroen became filled with light.

“Light flooded the passenger compartment and I couldn’t see beyond the hood of the car. It was a dense, brilliant light, yellow in color with some violet hues. I thought I’d lost control of the car at the moment. I looked through the window and saw were nearly two meters over the asphalt surface. I suddenly thought we had jumped over a speed bump and braced myself on the steering wheel, waiting for the moment we’d hit the surface again,” Acevedo explained.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
The paranormal literature is rife with dimensional cross-overs and glimpses of neighboring realities... once you start digging there are enough to occupy you 'till death.

I. Sanderson identified the areas around the Earth where the "veil" was thinnest ... the "vile vortexes" ...like the Devil's Triangle off Bermuda, and the Dragon's off S-E Japan, all spaced in the Northern and Southern Hemisphere's equidistantly... and his study of the stats of strange disappearances seem to support this... but confirmation bias might be at play.

South of where I live in AZ is a remote hill where an old native stone arch sometimes shows sunlight when it's dark out and has other high strangeness associated with it... friends have seen cottages from the past appear in the NY woods and once I saw what looked like a brilliantly lit fair ground appear where there was only a dark neighborhood normally.

Don't know, but the sheer number of these stories point to something real at it's root... we don't hear about pink talking pandas in such numbers. And other dimensions are real... possibly even other Universes... whether other realities can bleed over into ours is the question... and accounts say yes, they can.

Certain UFO accounts sure point to this "bleed over" too... indicates a much weirder world... or worlds.

Ivan Sanderson also theorized that some of these locations acted like a gateway depending on the person at the location and certain times of day.

The story about a miner who entered the gateway in canadian wilderness (coppermine mountain) feels like that.. He was alone, dejected after 2 months expedition and didnt found anything, suddenly saw a small gouge in the ground , very small just 4 feet by 50 feet (like a small alley) filled with tubular FOG.

- He saw what he think stones / minerals of value in the gouge (is this how the entities trying to entice him to enter ? since they must know he is in the area looking for minerals)
- He then saw a sign of mining in the gouge and thus make him curious enough to enter the fog (another bait ?)
- Once he enter the Fog, suddenly he saw GRASS FIELD to the right and to the left of him (a 4 feet wide gouge can have grass field that big ???)
- Curious, he go forward and he saw (to the right and left) the grass's height increasing from 1 foot to 3 foot the deeper he enter the fog. He noticed the deeper he enter the fog, his view to the left and right got clearer and he can see a clump of trees far away like an oasis in the grass (he is in a 4 feet wide gouge and yet to his left and right the grassfield goes on forever???)
- Scared he dropped down on all four and scramble out of the fog and ran away.. In later years he send the letter to CUFOS and said now he is brave enough to enter the fog because he believe it is a doorway to paralel world.. No furhter information after the letter to CUFOS.

My opinion : If he really entered all the way, more likely he will be just another statistic to David P's Missing 411 book..

thebiggeststudy.blogspot.com...

The Man Who Found A Door in the World

This affair took place in the very north of Canada, south of the Native American [eskimo] town of Kugluktuk. This is a port of sorts and an exit point from the great copper areas of the Northwest Territories which are called the Coppermine Mountains. I believe that the local people are Inuit. The Coppermine River runs, generally a twisty southern direction from Kugluktuk, and ends up cutting through the mountains about 60-65 kilometers south. There are some camps in the area but for the most part things are pretty wild.

This took place on August 31, 1968. He and his partner had flown in from Yellowknife, where after a battle with the elements, they got to their camp at Willow Lake [basically just a cabin in the wilderness]. The two of them moved south a bit and set up a secondary camp which was merely a tent--here is where they would strike out each day in search of mineral signs. They sometimes worked together as a team, but most often they ranged alone.

On their last day in the field, this story happened. On that day they were as usual on their own, our reporter exploring around Burnt Creek and north in the hills, but returning to camp empty handed. His buddy wasn't there yet, so he just sat and meditated on the hills. Bored he got up and walked to the edge of a small [still 50foot drop-off] cliff, and looked down into the gouge below. This gouge was peculiar: about 50foot long and only 4feet wide and flat. In it were some "bubbly looking rocks" and a "tubular fog bank".

The apparent minerals were odd, but the unmoving fog bank moreso. He felt nervous just looking at it, but decided to go down into the gouge and explore. There he found more of the unusual unidentified mineral and it seemed to be associated with a small-scale mining activity [even though there was supposed to be no such thing in this area.] Puzzled by the rocks, but still in the presence of the unmoving mist, he finally decided to walk into the fog bank.

His words now:

"Approximately two steps into the mist, I saw a grassy field for as far as my vision was capable of seeing at that time. The grass was about one foot tall at that point. The more I advanced towards the grass, the higher the grass became. there was a wind blowing from the grass away from me. On entering the mist, my vision was limited to my left and right. I advanced until the grass, brown colored, was approximately three feet tall. Then I decided to retreat, which I did.

I cannot remember what the sky looked like; grey colored seems correct. i decided to go back into the mist and cautioned myself not to walk into the grass. I went as far as the first [time] and things were the same. As I advanced, the grass got taller [but he seems to be now walking beside it, not in it], approximately 4foot now, and my vision left and right got wider. Far off to my right there was an oasis? with medium sized trees in a circle with two tall palm? trees growing in the center of the circle.

At that point I had enough. At that time my mind went completely blank except for one little piece of my brain that was fighting the takeover of my brain. Next I was on my hands and knees with my brain powers intact and I got out of there in record time."

Our hero told neither his buddy nor anyone else what had happened to him. But he never could shake the thought that he had passed into another dimensional reality for those few minutes. He wondered about the strange stones which should not have been there and the small mining operation which likewise should not have been.

As the years have gone, he has gotten more courage, and wants to go back and go through the doorway again, which he imagines as a permanent sort of location. Who are the people on the other side, he wants to know? Why did they visit here?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: milomilo

Oh wow, what a brilliant thread.
The similarities between the 'celtic' sidhe and the American stories are uncanny. Scottish fairies aren't small, that was a wierd Victorian adaption, as you've pointed out.
In my opinion the Tuatha de were real people who have been dehumanised and mythologised over time into supernatural creatures, but still these stories do persist. There is an unnerving quality to these tales of meeting strangers and experiencing time loss, being in strange rooms, being given a gift or asked for a gift, hearing music -all very similar.
I'd never heard of the story you told, thanks for that.

B x

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe
a reply to: milomilo

Oh wow, what a brilliant thread.
The similarities between the 'celtic' sidhe and the American stories are uncanny. Scottish fairies aren't small, that was a wierd Victorian adaption, as you've pointed out.
In my opinion the Tuatha de were real people who have been dehumanised and mythologised over time into supernatural creatures, but still these stories do persist. There is an unnerving quality to these tales of meeting strangers and experiencing time loss, being in strange rooms, being given a gift or asked for a gift, hearing music -all very similar.
I'd never heard of the story you told, thanks for that.

B x

it is definitely make you think , that even spanning different cultures, these entities operates in the same modus operandi all over the world, while adjisting their appearance into the acceptable culture of the place and the time.

read the Strange case of Dr X, a doctor who saw UFO and got healed by it, suddenly experiencing massive poltergeist to his home and his son, also visited by strange gentlemen who wear suit like businessman... the story goes deeper into the rabbit hole and become stranger and stranger... were the investigator of that case not a personal friend of Dr X, he also wont believe any of these stories..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join