It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long do you want to live?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Forever ,but not in this form. Transformation to more empowered self so we can rescue people, shut down portals and arrest the bad guys.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

I want to , and expect to live to age 100, barring any motor vehicle accidents.

I want to out live my maternal grandfather (age 90) and my step-father's mom (age 99.) I don't want to be on life support though, nor taking drugs to prolong life.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I want to live long enough to see;
A zombie apocalypse
An honest politician
A cloned woolly mammoth

Even if I took into account reincarnation, trans-humanism, and nano-tech-fueled immortality, I wouldn't count on your second item there.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I don't particularly want to die, that is of anything other than in my sleep BUT I feel I have done and seen everything I wanted to do and ever dreamed about, so for tha reason, if I went to tomorrow I wouldn't really mind.

But maybe that is partly my depression talking?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I would like to live as long as:

1. I am capable of doing so in my own manner (IE: I still retain control over my mental & physical being).
2. Most of why I was here in the first place was done.

This is just me, but if I can still live on my own at age 90, and (somewhat) don't need help from family to live, and the world hasn't fallen to pieces by then, then I'll be okay. If I don't meet those conditions, then I'd rather not have a hard time by then. There's a good chance I'd be able to make it though, as several relatives made it into their 80's without a nursing home.

Also, I'd probably not take up on any form of life extension (for example, scientists find a way to put humans in a deep sleep, or invent a miracle cure for aging), as by the time the tech is available to middle-class, I'll probably be gone by then. Plus, I want to come back and give people proof of life after death - how can I be a ghost if I never saw the end?

-fossilera

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
Well considering I believe in reincarnation, I could die tomorrow, and still would be back eventually.

Personally though, I want to live as long as my mind can function consciously.

If I stroke out and am on life support, pull the plug, otherwise, I'll live as long as I possibly can.

For those who think they have lived long enough...

You have nothing to lose then by making some changes and doing the things you have always wanted to do but couldn't.
Live like you are dying, because we could all be gone tomorrow.

I don't have a list of things to do before I die. I just go with the flow. There's plenty of things I've not done and plenty of surprises I never planned on that were great for me.

If you want to travel, then do so. If you're not into that, then don't.

Sometimes people can make you feel like you've not done much, when in your own mind you have.
As long as everything is ok in general, that can be satisfactory. Is to me.

There's no rules one must travel to Europe or see the Grand Canyon. It's like a competition.

My sister is always nattering at me to travel. I don't like travelling and to me she hasn't done much either but I don't say anything. To each their own. Every sentence starts with " you should..." Finished with " you don't have a life" # off!!

Not that you sad that!

The only thing I might have wanted to do when I was younger and healthier , but didn't, was to see the pyramids. I went to Hawaii, enjoyed that very much. Went to cancun Mexico, and would never go back.

I've been to some great concerts in my lifetime. She hasn't. To each their own.

My favourite dream moment was meeting Adam Lambert and seeing him perform. Nice guy, signed everything for every fan he could.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

I did at one point and time. I thought I was going to die, and almost did.
I made a list of goals. The things I had wanted to do but never could.

I made some choices at that point that sent me off doing all of the things I had always wanted to do.
All of the goals got completed.
(it wasn't very hard to do, I am simple that way)
Now, I have done all those things, and am happy to just let everything fall where it wants to.

When it came to setting new goals, it was just repeating what I have already done...lol

To me life is about the experience.
Finding what one enjoys and enjoying it until something else comes along that is better.
I am out to have a good time, even in the bad times.
Luckily, I enjoy reflection and have a personal understanding that life lessons and learning, are part of enjoying the bigger picture. So even in the worst of times, part of me enjoys it.
That helps a lot.

While the pessimist and optimist are arguing about the glass being half empty or half full, I am drinking the water from the glass with a smile on my face saying "yeah, so now what?"

Life is a lot funner that way.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I already died kind of, accidental OD bad combination of 2 meds not in large quantities though. I didn't get my NDE everything was blank, on one hand I thought ehh this ain't so bad, on the other I thought I want to live and experience things!

Dying gave me a nice perspective on things, if that's what really happens (nothing) I want to be around a little longer, for my own enjoyment and to make the people around me happy, that's about it! Once these goals have been accomplished I won't mind taking my one way ticket!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71
Good post darkblake . I agree.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
My Mom who is now 86 stopped playing tennis in her 70's - she played for all of the local tennis clubs at popular local events and still won awards in her 70's.

I do hope I have her good genes. I want to live to be 120 because biologically they say that's as long as healthy humans could live because If human cells are able to keep healthy without pre-mature deaths, they can replicate for 120 years.

BTW this is also the age at which God says we can live to in the Bible.. imagine that.. the Bible actually being backed up by science.. no way they could have known about the lifespan of human cells 4000 years ago back in the Old Testament.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join