It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeking Advice on Cerebral Timeouts for the Truther/Prepper Within

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I believe that being sound of mind and posessing the ability to control ones cerebral habits with acumen is a Primary survival core value,you need as healthy a mind as you can manage to consistantly maintain so when the SHTF you are stable,and this means proper managment,which usually comes from Survival proponents with experience and years behind the wheel,it is to these respected ATSers that I humbly reach out to now for mentoring.

I have become concerned that I have decidedly ceased finding time to completely release myself from my current lifestyle and perspective.

I am a Truther of sorts and a Prepper of sorts and have decided to take a complete break from my focuses, this is a finite decision and all I have left to define is the length of time I need to consider.

Here is where I need the very experienced and helpfull ATS community to mentor me through this curative process.

How long have other mid to long term members needed to take completely away from their passions and focuses to reach a curative level of relaxation.

Please feel free to post up and let me know what you think of taking this type of break,if it helps clear the mind,how long is needed,and the long term impacts of prolonged absence from the Status Quo events and concerns we all need to deal with to stay current in todays world.

I would like to ease the growing urges I am experiencing to push forward my own perspective to those within my circles,I would like to learn to excercise more self-control but I do not want to become so removed that I misplace my grasp on the evolution I have experienced to date,I do not want apathy to set in but I still need find some balance,and learn how to find it at will instead of pondering as I am now

What say you ATSers?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Its sometimes necessary to have a rest from it all (no internet, no media, no news) for a couple months so our unconscious has time to rebuild a belief system that better fits our view of reality.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I'll miss your postings, dont be gone too long!
This post is one of the best I've seen in ages

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

@ glend Thank you for your input and for lending me your experience and advice, I was thinking in terms several months and your perspective definately lends itself to the validation of that ballpark parameter.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

@VoidHawk Thank you VoidHawk, I sincerely appreciate the Kudos and will be pressed to find a placebo for the theraputic and growth stimulating time I prefer to spend sharing ideas here, I will be back ASAP ,ATS is what it is and once you dig your way down here and let your eyes adjust to the brighter light you find yourself able to then poke your head up and out of the Rabbit Hole and begin to see things topside as they really are with a newfound clarity. I am about to leave the bright lights here but it is always easy to find the way back home to ATS,you just follow the brightest lights down as deeply as you can,then Wha La ... you are home again.Sometimes in life we recieve little nudges from external influences,those small nuances and details we all sometimes overlook which remind us how important it is to make sure we always spend a wee bit more time than we save ,for life has no defined expiry date as they say. Sometimes you must go with the flow and avoid the under-tow.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Agreeing with your post, I've subscribed to read any responses. Friend and I just were talking about how she took a "conspiracy break" a while ago. Frankly she's in the same state financially and socially as I, but seems to have more perspective. Definitely considering taking the rest of the summer of to study first-hand sources offline. Cheers for starting this thread, I'm sure it will prove helpful to many.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I spent minimum of 2 months. Just let your conscious brain idle, your subconscious will do all the work. Good luck.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Several months is a very reasonable break, there is a lot of sad and depressing stuff going on and it does take time to let it all just settle down and find some perspective to it all. It depends with what else is going on in your life as for when you will be ready, you will know though. Good luck and safe travels.

new topics

top topics

join