It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six Californias?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
California is so big they want to split into 6 states.

CBS San Francisco reports that Draper, who recently spoke at the Commonwealth Club in San Francisco, said that a state as big as California needs to be broken up to be more representative and more competitive.

"With six, you do get a good sense that you can drive 45 minutes in any direction and maybe be part of a different state and it keeps those states on their toes," he said.

According to the "Six Californias" plan, each of the six states would have its own government and own collection of elected officials, including congressional representatives.

CBS San Francisco

Poor kids in school will have 6 new states and capitols to learn.

I wonder how much the venture capitalist that proposed this stands to gain from it, IF it goes through?

edit on CDT100515115Jul14R05 by ThisIsMyRifle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ThisIsMyRifle

I live in California and like it just the way it is LEAVE IT ALONE ! Already been posted California

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: desertguy

You like Cali, with all its draconian laws? Recent crappy Cali legislation proposal......

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ParanoidAmerican

I dont own any guns besides an air rifle dosnt really apply to me. I do agree though that is a pretty bad proposal though. Ive lived here all my life wouldn't want to go anywhere else.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ThisIsMyRifle
And by "venture capitalists", you mean "people who don't believe that all their actions should be controlled by self proclaimed 'intelligentsia' who are actually incredibly incompetent and authoritarian."

Oh NO! People living life the way they see fit!?! Without being taxed for things they find intellectually, morally, and economically destructive!?!
THE HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SELAboy
I used the term venture capitalist, as that is how they refer to the guy in the link I posted with the article, not as my own opinion.

top topics

join