It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trichonomy of Man.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The bible tells us that Man himself is a trinity,
Body, soul, and spirit.

The body is of the flesh, the soul is of the mind, and the spirit is from God.

I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ (1 Thessalonians 5:23).

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow (body), and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart (Hebrews 4:12).

Psyche is the Greek term for "soul" (ψυχή). Its important to remember that the bible was originally written in Greek.
In psychology, the psyche /ˈsaɪki/ is the totality of the human mind, conscious and unconscious.

I've always imagined the spirit as some kind of energy or something that we cant understand. I would assume that the first law of thermodynamics would apply to it. Personally i've always thought or secretly believed that the Aura; or electromagnetic field, is the Spirit.

In scientific research we have found that the aura is electromagnetic field of energy that extends all around our body for about 4-5feet (in a average healthy body) and appears to be depleted in cases of an unhealthy person.

And in the bible it says;

Ecclesiastes 12:7
and the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

Psalm 103:14
for he knows how we are formed, he remembers that we are dust.

Genesis 3:19
By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return."

Psalm 146:4
When their spirit departs, they return to the ground; on that very day their plans come to nothing.

What I said earlier, about the first law of thermodynamics........ "Return to God what is Gods, and return to Caesar what is Caesars "
edit on 15-7-2014 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Belcastro

Man was created tichotomous, but the fall of adam killed the human spirit and left us with soul and body alone. Therefore all sons of Adam are born dichotomous. This is why Jesus said we must be born again. A born again believer has body, soul, and reborn spirit.

Rebirth comes by believing that Jesus died for our sins. The sin nature is what kills the spirit.
edit on 15-7-2014 by BELIEVERpriest because: typo

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Man was created tichotomous, but the fall of adam killed the human spirit and left us with soul and body alone. Therefore all sons of Adam are born dichotomous. This is why Jesus said we must be born again. A born again believer has body, soul, and reborn spirit.

Rebirth comes by believing that Jesus died for our sins. The sin nature is what kills the spirit.

I disagree; the bible tells us that there are such things as Unclean Spirits.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I disagree; the bible tells us that there are such things as Unclean Spirits

I suppose that could be correct. By death, I mean separation from God. That would mean that man is born in a dead trichotomy: dying body, dead soul and dead spirit. Rebirth would then resurrect the spirit (reconnection with God), and the final stage of rebirth would be physical death (removing the soul from sin and flesh) and physical resurrection (a reborn body).

But, the question becomes, is "unlean spirit" used in the same connotation as human spirit. Do angels have souls, or are they purely spirit. We know that the have the power to generate a physical body. This raises many interesting questions.

new topics

top topics

join