It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I find this "fragile earth" idea quite ironic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I find it quite Ironic when chances are the majority of people who worry about this "global warming" stuff, and all the over populating earth and all dat bs, are evolutionist.

why worry guys? why worry if it all came by chance anyway, and in evolution everything just goes from chaos to order. It just all keep getting better
in the second law of thermo dynamics everything left at its natural state will go from order to chaos

If the planets and universe formed perfectly, then just leave it up to chances now anyway guys, why worry if the earth gets a little warm, the chances were a lot greater if evolution happened of the sun being to close. so just dont worry about a little change in weather and stuff, it was just all chance anyway, I dont see your problems

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Well my problem is Im the first Life form to EVER live on this planet that can understand what my own exticion means . And personly I dont want Roaches digging me up in millions of years wondering what killed me off.
Id very much like my kids ,kids,kids to be still the ones doing the digging.
That a good enough reasion?

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
People worry because it is WE the people that have done this to the earth and we are the only ones who can set things correct. I do not think that the earth would be acting this way if people were not abroad. She can take alot as we have seen but at some point like the camels back, she will break.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
ahhh, bull. we dont even no why the ozone layer opens.

look in the evolution books, it talks about global warming M of years ago,

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Evolution books are just like bible books. Both mean squat. Truth is nobody knows. Best we can do is use our heads and come up with a conclusion ourselves instead of filling it with information from unreliable sources.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
You seem to be using this thread to thump yer bibles about evolution, not global warming. I suggest you secular bash in the right thread.... K?

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slicky1313

in the second law of thermo dynamics everything left at its natural state will go from order to chaos

That's in a closed system without any energy being added to it. The Earth, our whole solar system for that matter, has energy that is being added to the system. It comes from the Sun. Plus, if you believe in the Zero Point Field, there is nowhere in space that doesn't have energy being added to it.
Learn some physics before you spout off about it!

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
People worry because it is WE the people that have done this to the earth and we are the only ones who can set things correct.

IN a sense you are correct and in a sense you are wrong. Nature can fix itself. If the human population was 1/2 of what it is nature would be able to filter out and clean all that we do on its own. There are too many of us and we are infecting the earth. If we fid a way to move people off earth.... then we can let nature fixt the problem on its own.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Mizar, Yes the earth can naturally fix itself. This is proven in some aspects. Yet it can't fix itself without our help. I'm guilty as the next person but I try to do my part.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
On the topic of of ozone, has anyone ever heard of Tesla's ozone machine? Does it work?

Instead of trying to "fix" nature, I think we should be researching and developing technologies that lessen our impact on it. Nature is a perfect machine; let it fix itself.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Mizar, Yes the earth can naturally fix itself.

I assume that as the earth warms up, volcanic activity will increase, putting more dust into the atmosphere, thereby reflecting the sun`s rays and cooling the earth. Or at least in an ideal world that is how it would work. How it`s going to work in conjunction with the massive amount of co2 we are putting into the atmosphere is anyone`s guess. I think that it is going to take a while for the Earth to naturally fix this mess. There are so many arguements about whether global warming is natural or man-made that it makes it too easy for people to ignore it. But how many hurricanes,typhoons, etc above normal is it going to take before we realise we have a problem?

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry about the rock. The world will go on regardless who ever is currently on top. One species dies off another will follow.

A slight bump in the road.

E_T

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredH
I assume that as the earth warms up, volcanic activity will increase, putting more dust into the atmosphere, thereby reflecting the sun`s rays and cooling the earth.
Warming of atmosphere doesn't affect volcanism, its energy source is heat from radioactive decaying of unstable elements/isotopes deep inside earth.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
yes, global warming has occurred in times in our history, but I believe geologists have found that there is a connection between the general composition of the air, and the event happening, and well, surprise, surprise, there seems to be a rise in the same gases that our fossil fuels emit. So, weather it's from volcanic activity, or some other natural event, well, the results, we could assume, would be the same. When our atmosphere is brought out of balance, it effects our weather patterns in big ways THAT WE DO NOT UNDERSTAND. So, why continue pumping these substances into our atmosphere?

Oh, and by the way, as the permafrost continues to melt, it will release the gases it has stored in it, thus, worsen the problem even more.

E_T

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy

Originally posted by Slicky1313
That's in a closed system without any energy being added to it. The Earth, our whole solar system for that matter, has energy that is being added to the system. It comes from the Sun. Plus, if you believe in the Zero Point Field, there is nowhere in space that doesn't have energy being added to it.
Learn some physics before you spout off about it!

There's thing called entropy

When sun creates that energy which is used by us to increase order in here it creates much bigger amount of "disorder" on other places. Decrease in entropy is possible only in local level.

Does evolution contradict the second law of thermodynamics?

This idea has been put forward by many people to try to prove that evolution is impossible. However, it is based on a flawed understanding of the second law of thermodynamics, and in fact, the theory of evolution does not contradict any known laws of physics.

The second law of thermodynamics simply says that the entropy of a closed system will tend to increase with time. "Entropy" is a technical term with a precise physical definition, but for most purposes it is okay to think of it as equivalent to "disorder". Therefore, the second law of thermodynamics basically says that the universe as a whole gets more disordered and random as time goes on.

However, the most important part of the second law of thermodynamics is that it only applies to a closed system - one that does not have anything going in or out of it. There is nothing about the second law that prevents one part of a closed system from getting more ordered, as long as another part of the system is getting more disordered.

There are many examples from everyday life that prove it is possible to create order! For example, you'd certainly agree that a person is capable of taking a pile of wood and nails and constructing a building out of it. The wood and nails have become more ordered, but in doing the work required to make the building, the person has generated heat which goes into increasing the overall entropy of the universe.

That's the general picture - nature is capable of generating order out of disorder on a local level without violating the second law of thermodynamics, and that is all that evolution requires.
curious.astro.cornell.edu...

A Brief History of Time had good example, if we would live in universe of decreasing entropy coffee-cup which breaks when falling from table would gather itself back to one piece and jump back to table.

newton.physics.metu.edu.tr...

E_T

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
...but I believe geologists have found that there is a connection between the general composition of the air, and the event happening, and well, surprise, surprise, there seems to be a rise in the same gases that our fossil fuels emit. So, weather it's from volcanic activity...
(yet) One more time... amount of CO2 emitted by volcanoes is something like couple percents of that emitted by mankind, so its definitely clear that rise of atmosphere's CO2 content caused by volcanic emissions is dwarfed by mankind's emissions.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a Moderate volcanic erruption will release millions of tons of gasses into the atmosphere. A large or sustained erruption can release al hundred years of what humans are capable of.

The oceans release half a million tons of gasses into the atmosphere, every year.
that does not ecuse what humans are doing, or can improve, but lets not get carried away.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by E_T

Originally posted by dawnstar
...but I believe geologists have found that there is a connection between the general composition of the air, and the event happening, and well, surprise, surprise, there seems to be a rise in the same gases that our fossil fuels emit. So, weather it's from volcanic activity...
(yet) One more time... amount of CO2 emitted by volcanoes is something like couple percents of that emitted by mankind, so its definitely clear that rise of atmosphere's CO2 content caused by volcanic emissions is dwarfed by mankind's emissions.

Is that a good reason to deliberatly keep adding to it? If your car has a few mechanical problems, you dont deliberatly run it off a cliff! saying "oh well who cares" is simplistic and childish, and im not surprised since the threadstarter appears to be a child. How old are you Slicky?

new topics

top topics

join