It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA: Humans Will Prove We Are Not Alone In The Universe in 20 Years

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MRuss

So IF NASA says that we will meet or know about alien live in 20 years or so then why are they covering up unknown encounters in space or editing photographs NOW?.
I'm just curious as to how an organisation who apparently is dedicated to furthering mankinds knowledge of the cosmos can be hypocritical and obvious about it, when really all they have to say to gain our interest and respect is say " We spotted something out in space but that we don't know what it is?".

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: MRuss
a reply to: FlySolo

Okay. So NASA goes from totally denying life on other planets throughout it's history, to threatening its astronauts to secrecy, to cooperating with the intelligence community for most of its existence to cover up the truth....

to saying today, "Yeah, basically, everybody here today agrees there has to be life on other planets..."

but for you, it's just another day at the office.

Man, you must lead an exciting life.

NASA totally DENYING LIFE that's a big claim!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
NASA already works with them and I really resent playing a game and being strung along by demons pretending this that and the other thing, and others are suitably impressed that the NASA scientists are saying this, OMG its disgusting that they concoct yet another variation of lies to cover what they already know and deal with every day.

Well lets just ask you yet AGAIN you make these bold claims YOU even claim that YOU and your family can see them but of course YOU can't ever provide PROOF!!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Unless we are the very first species to exist, or the very last. In this galaxy... in the universe.....in this dimension.....

I like to think that they are certainly out there right now given the age and size of the universe

What I partially don't believe is that we have been visited by them, physically...if you catch my drift

They wouldn't have to leave their planet to understand us or our planet depending on which stage they are at

Probes, androids, technologically advanced telescopes - that could zoom right up to Planet Earth in all spectrums of light, AI computers

Then again there could be vastly differing species that are more nomadic and travel the stars which is why I leave the possibility open that we have indeed been visited but only before civilization formed, and the alien species that visited was merely investigating rather than looking to conquer.

Which leaves a horrible option open still and that's hostile takeover by an alien force. As sci fi as that sounds, it's a totally real threat
If we were to pop up on their radar at an opportune time for them to attack, they would take that option.
Especially if they were close enough and we had no ability to detect them until they were in our solar system.

But that's the least likely of them all, still possible............

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

Okay. So NASA goes from totally denying life on other planets throughout it's history, to threatening its astronauts to secrecy, to cooperating with the intelligence community for most of its existence to cover up the truth....

to saying today, "Yeah, basically, everybody here today agrees there has to be life on other planets..."

NASA totally DENYING LIFE that's a big claim!!!

Yeah. I'm not sure where the OP is getting the idea that NASA has been denying life elsewhere throughout its history.

In fact the opposite is true. Since at least the 1970s, one of NASA's ultimate goals was about the search for other life in the universe. They seem to certainly believe that life could exist out there -- even intelligent life. In the 1970s, they even put messages on Pioneer 10, Pioneer 11, Voyager1, and Voyager 2 in the chance (albeit a very slim chance) that an intelligent race finds it one day.

Granted, that was more of a symbolic gesture, considering the odds are great that those spacecraft are such tiny specks of dust that aliens will probably not find them within the next billion years, but it still symbolized that NASA has a serious belief that life probably exists out there.

Practically all of NASA's deep space probes have had some component that had to do with searching for life -- so obviously they don't deny the possibility that ET life exists.

In fact, NASA has set up an entire research arm dedicated to the search for ET life. It's called the NASA Astrobiology Institute, and it was set up over 15 years ago to (among other things) learn enough about the possibilities of ET life so that NASA can develop frameworks for life -searching aspects of future NASA missions. Some of the leading astrobiologists (scientists who study what ET life would be like) are NASA researchers, such as Chris McKay.

Here is a link to the NASA Astrobiology Institute website:

NASA Astrobiology Institute: Life in the Universe

edit on 7/17/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DataWraith

Because people forget nasa was set up as a part of the department of defense there are not a civilian group which means anything they find or any statement they make publicly would first have to be approved by the military

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
If NASA says they're supplying proof, I want alien bodies! not some speculation because water is found on another planet.... 20 years NASA will be broke anyways, I guess they're drumming up for their last hurrah..

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: jheated5

so when that proof happens can i give you a nice big fat " I TOLD YOU SO"????

2ND.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

It's not really that exciting imo. NASA was still careful not to say intelligent life. They've been sending rovers to Mars for years now for a quest for life, they need funding. And even then if intelligent life was ever found, we'd never know about it.

Yeah, see, that's the thing…not just NASA, apparently, but all over. Intelligent life, I mean. That qualifier's been around for quite a while. All kinds of tests available to currently prove you are not intelligent life, if there's a needed basis for deeming you unintelligent life, and using you for…well, whatever. This, to me, is what everyone should get their heads around.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
You do realize life has been found in the most toxic places on this planet, like at volcanic vents on the sea floor or in the poisonous hot springs of Yellowstone...

All that proves is that on a planet with life on it, it will tend to push itself into the very fringes of the environment. It doesn't prove that it happened anywhere else but Earth.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: miss_sky

So what? So you'd be right about something only thousands of scientists already agreed with you about. What a thrill.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: miss_sky

So what? So you'd be right about something only thousands of scientists already agreed with you about. What a thrill.

Ehhh disclosure no big deal.... Not that I subscribe to the intelligent aliens have visited earth crowd but finding out they do exist would be pretty big news indeed... I doubt NASA are going to be the ones revealing this secret if it even exists..

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: jheated5
I doubt NASA are going to be the ones revealing this secret if it even exists..

If something like that ever happens, then it will pretty much be everywhere at the same time. But NASA will probably get a lot of the credit for figuring it out. They have the telescopes and stuff.

Man, how many times are we going to staring at that blurry image when we get it? A billion.

LIFE DISCOVERED ON ANOTHER PLANET!
NOTHING INTELLIGENT!
TOO FAR AWAY TO SEE OR EVER COMMUNICATE WITH!
SOMEPLACE YOU NEVER HEARD OF!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

If something like that ever happens, then it will pretty much be everywhere at the same time. But NASA will probably get a lot of the credit for figuring it out. They have the telescopes and stuff.

That's a good point.

If a future space telescope is the equipment used to find the spectroscopic proof of life processes on another planet, chances are that telescope would have had something to do with NASA.

Much of the data we humans have collected to date regarding research into the question of life elsewhere has been collected by NASA instruments.

edit on 7/17/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Your post hits the nail on the head

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

That's a good point.

If a future space telescope is the equipment used to find the spectroscopic proof of life processes on another planet, chances are that telescope would have had something to do with NASA.

Much of the data we humans have collected to date regarding research into the question of life elsewhere has been collected by NASA instruments.

NASA was also involved with the JAXA and ISRO lunar missions, to a certain extent. Why does NASA need to "always be there" when other nations endeavor to go to the moon? Why can't these countries simply go alone and report their findings scientifically...? NASA always must be hovering over the operation, to a certain extent, like an overbearing step-mother!

There is a mega-conspiracy regarding the moon and the media and NASA is probably the most likely gate-keeper. That's why NASA has Charles Bolden, the Shuttle commander, the Marine Corps general officer who commanded no-fly-zones in the Middle East and now is administrator of the gate-keeping agency with Keep Out Zones around Apollo landing sites... it's just a crazy mess of cover-ups at this point. They really need an asteroid disaster to wipe out all those Apollo landing sites and simply start over.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: yourmaker
And hence maybe tha'ts why we're not seeing them because they can zoom right up close and watch us without being here.

So they're here they're just not here in a way we can see them.

My opinion is our galaxy has been around long enough for other alien civilizations to form and colonize our galaxy completely. There was also nothing stopping them from sending out fleets of robotic miniature probes to scour every nook and cranny of the galaxy that their telescopes can't see. Since we do not see them then that at least means intelligent life is either uncommon for various reasons or because they're invisible.

(I include non-existent within the word uncommon.)

If they're sufficiently advanced, they may have no desire to contact us. Although even if they try to stay invisible, ti's hard to imagine them being perfect about it. We don't observe nature invisibly, why would they? We DO try to minimize our impacts on the ecosystems when doing science.

Now, having said all that, I'm excited that we might find even ET microbes or something at least significantly relating to the origins of life. However, science is slow and methodical and not full of drama. :/

Still possible SETI finds a signal. Nobody expects them to. I expect there'll probably be some surprises. Where will they come from?
edit on 18-7-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Theres enough evidence out there guys be it mostly second hand and or politicaly incorrect/shuned we are not alone.

The old Roswell case has been a total shamozzle from day one as in weather ballon to crash test dummies then genetic mutant Russian kids chucked in some experimental craft.

Rendlesham was the same as in when it was pushed to be investigated by the its country goverment it was deemed to be light house to truck light etc.

Personanly i do not need proof or evidence that life exists else where and i believe I speak for the small minority on ATS, also I have my own experiences to justify my claims.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: SayonaraJupiter
NASA was also involved with the JAXA and ISRO lunar missions, to a certain extent. Why does NASA need to "always be there" when other nations endeavor to go to the moon? Why can't these countries simply go alone and report their findings scientifically...? NASA always must be hovering over the operation, to a certain extent, like an overbearing step-mother!

Other countries add instruments to NASA spacecraft as well. Most space missions, including those sponsored by NASA, have at least some input from multiple countries.

For example, the Huygens probe that landed on Titan was from the ESA -- but it got to Saturn/Titan piggy-backed onto NASA's Cassini probe. The Italian Space Agency also provided communication equipment on the Cassini craft. The Curiosity Rover on Mars has a Russian instrument the search for water and ice on Mars, and Spain and Finland provided the weather station that is on the Curiosity rover. NASA's JUNO spacecraft that is currently headed to Jupiter has an infrared mapping instrument provided by Italy.

So if you are going to complain about the U.S. adding equipment to other countries' space probes, then you should complain about other countries adding instruments to NASA space probes. The reality of it is that many missions have some international collaboration.

And going back to my original comment, even though other countries have explored the solar system and beyond, most of what we know has had come from data collected by NASA-sponsored missions. The ideas regarding the potential for life on Europa have come from data supplied by NASA's Voyager and Galileo probes. The ideas we have about the potential for life on Titan and Enceladus have come from the data provided by NASA's Cassini spacecraft. The proof that Mars was once a wet world has come from NASA spacecraft. Most exoplanets have been discovers by NASA's Kepler space telescope.

Much of the research being done about what life elsewhere might be like is being done by NASA's Astrobiology Institute.

Link to Astrobiolgy Institue:
NASA Astrobiology Institute: Life in the Universe

edit on 7/18/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Someone told me NASA has an infallible record of neither confirming or denying anything so they can enact their disclosure agenda in the future.

So it it true NASA cannot be criticised on their record for anything in their past now that they have started their disclosure agenda?

I wish there was a thread detailing all the lies/cover ups/silence NASA has doen in the past so we can call them up on their #.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join