It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: AP: John Danforth to Resign as Ambassador to the UN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Senator John Danforth has reportedly resigned his position today as Ambassador to the UN after only 5 months on the job, according to the Associated Press. He was sworn in as Ambassador on July 1, 2004, succeeding former Ambassador John Negroponte. Danforth is also known for heading the investigation into the FBI's actions at Waco. He is not reported to be in the running for any other govenmental position.

news.yahoo.com
And, in a third development, U.N. Ambassador John Danforth submitted his resignation, an official said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Ambassador Danforth stated in recent weeks that he would like to return home to spend more time with his family, so his resignation isn't entirely unexpected. Some sources are calling this move a retirement more than a resignation.

Danforth spoke with President Bush three days after the election, indicating that he wanted to leave the stressful public service job.

Related News Links:
kansascity.com

[edit on 3-12-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I find this interesting and suspicious. Why take a job such as this one, only to suddenly discover that you want more time with your family? I�m not buying it, there is more to this. Danforth was Bush�s #2 pick for VP. edition.cnn.com...

bg

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Oooo. The plot just keeps getting thicker and thicker. I can't wait to see who bails next.

Thnx for the post Banshee. Keep up the good work.

join