It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ investigates Nebraska parade float critical of Obama

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad
Hi!
Im currently in Nebraska and I would like to point out how ridiculous this claim is.
In a recent Omaha World Herald or Lincoln Journal article, the maker of said float elaborated to the fact that the "zombie" was meant to depict himself waiting for the VA.

How it got construed that it was a depiction of Obama, no one is really sure. But the media keeps spewing that claim.

My opinion is that this was free speech and the float was registered political sattire. So wheres the fire!?!

Really though, that zombie looks nothing like Obama and the whole story confused me and wreaks of PC.

Should also note that the article mentioned that most of the floats opposers hail from Omaha and Lincoln and the majority of us here couldnt care less....

Former bugeater here.
Yeah...I love it how all of the usual crowd slather over this yet in the Unicameral state of Common Sense we take it as it is.
And the further extrapolation of those ATS disturbers...

It's an article in a publication of known political slant...to give it the thumbs up just screams the rest of your fingers are in your ears.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Norfolk, Neb. (KMTV) CBS affiliate
Federal Government Looking Into Norfolk Parade Float
_javascript:hyperlink()

RT one that the rest of the crowd here at ATS slather over .
Obama library toilet parade float prompts Justice Department investigation

i'm sure i could find more just thought i put these up for ya.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
So are they going to investigate every lowbrow depiction of the President? If so, they have their work cut for them. I guess nothing else important is going on if they're focusing on this.
edit on 15-7-2014 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

imho . . .

If the current Destroyer in Chief;

The current Narcissistic Character Disorder in Chief;

The current pathological liar in Chief.

doesn't like all the stink he generates,

he should keep all his _____ to himself

instead of coating the Nation with it 666ft deep.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Sorry, but I think you owed us a barf warning with that link.

Sigh.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Well there is one thing that can be stated:

Where was the DOJ when Bush was made fun of, effigies of him burnt, hung and other items like that?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Bush was no panty-waist and had much thicker skin.

Some of these critters seem to have skin sooooo thin, it's a wonder their guts aren't dragging the sidewalk.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN
I am surprised with all of these "investigations" that someone has not only started the proceedings in court, but also started the process to sue Obama.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Holder can't be bothered to bring the New Black Panthers to justice .... can't be bothered to deal with the IRS and Rosengate scandals .. but he makes time to get all uptight about some folks in Nebraska using their free speech to make fun of his buddy Obama. yeah, that's a really well run justice dept .... /sarcasm.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Thank you President Obama for making the term "racist" a lampoon that has been so overused that it no longer has any real meaning.

Sincerely,

American victims of racism.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
a reply to: BO XIAN
I am surprised with all of these "investigations" that someone has not only started the proceedings in court, but also started the process to sue Obama.

I think folks are toooooooo stressed out over toooooooooooo many outrageous things. Something has to fall off the priority list.

But some of this nonsensical absurdly stupid stuff needs to appear in court and have a judge throw the book at the officials and at the stupidity.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Thank you President Obama for making the term "racist" a lampoon that has been so overused that it no longer has any real meaning.

Sincerely,

American victims of racism.

I wonder . . . the globalist oligarchy really is racist.

Some have claimed that they've even worked on bio-engineered plagues to exterminate other races/ genetic groups.

It would be a Neuro-Linguistic Programming strategy to propagandize the term so outrageously and persistently that it DID lose all its meaning . . . all its power to instantly trigger intense emotions.

It appears that they are playing both sides of that coin. They love to use and manipulate the intense emotions playing the race card triggers.

And, evidently they love to obliterate the term from useful meaning in the lives of many others.

It's kind of an interesting social phenomenon.

And a sad one on both counts.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

The U.S. Department of Justice has sent a member of its Community Relations Service team to investigate a Nebraska parade float that criticized President Obama.

Your headline and the facts you provide seem to contradict one another? It looks like the DOJ sent a "Community Relations" team member? It's PR, not an "Investigation".

Kind of feel misled on clicking through to this thread?
edit on 16-7-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
We are not allowed to call them zombies, we have to call them
"Less than living" now.

'Walking-dead Americans'

anyone have a pic of the float maker? I wonder how much they look alike.

Do the Moonies still own the Times?
It's still about as good as the Daily Mail. And as reliable, too...
But I know no one will care about the money that these people make in advertising off of you (and remember to enter in your "special" code with their app (dont bother reading the terms and restrictions) for a chance at a hundred dollar Amazon gift card...

quote from Owlbear

Do you have any thoughts on the DOJ targeting an expression of free speech, which is the thread topic? or do you just want to be snarky about the source? do you work for the Post maybe?
edit on 16-7-2014 by works4dhs because: add insightful material

edit on 16-7-2014 by works4dhs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join