It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racial Quotas On Television Increased To Above The Percentage Of Races In Population

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The ITV: a television station in the UK: has introduced a racial quota( in fact it already exists and so it will mean a strengthening of the quotas.
Link about quotas introduced on ITV www.thetvcollective.org...

However in another newspaper it shousl the the racial quptas wanted by Lenny Henry actually well exceeds theactual black and minority numbers.
www.thestage.co.uk...

Are we living in an age of anti-white biggotry and hatred?
I say that we should think of not watching TV from the UK and in that way the advertisers don't get what they want and will desert the stations: ITV is a channel that relies on adverts.

Spend time on the internet or radio and don't watch UK television as a way of showing that we will not take this biggotry any longer. Certainly don't watch ITV with their enforced racial hatred.

edit on 15-7-2014 by werewolf99 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-7-2014 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Surely racial quotas are to make the levels of different races the same not to impose a greater number of black and racial minorities than are in the population. Also why arent the numbers of minorities on minority tv channels included: such as indian tv stations, and where are the white people there?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I dont have a television, therefore they cant wind me up!

Dont be fooled into thinking its only ITV! They're all as bad as each other, except for the BBC....THEY'RE EVEN WORSE!

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: werewolf99
I say that we should think of not watching TV...

That's enough right there.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetOutOfMyLight

originally posted by: werewolf99
I say that we should think of not watching TV...

That's enough right there.

Thats the problem, people cant imagine life without a television and it scares the crap out of them. Truth is life is so much more relaxed and enjoyable without a television.

What happens when people watch television? They get all fired up about racism.

Throw out the television and it all goes away

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk
They would also find that their unfairness and biggotry would cause them to lose money: no people watching no money from advertisers.

edit on 15-7-2014 by werewolf99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

Dont be fooled into thinking its only ITV! They're all as bad as each other, except for the BBC....THEY'RE EVEN WORSE!

Oh boy, aint that the truth.

There was some prog on BBC1 at 9pm asking if there are too many immigrants in Britain.

Same old pro-immigrationist BBC crap.

I think it's safe to say there will never be enough immigration for BBC programme-makers.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Not knowing about specifics, another possibility is this. It is possible that the demographics of viewers for that station run towards groupings of people who are not white. To strengthen that viewership, the programmers may be skewing towards their viewers. It may have nothing at all to do with bigotry or racism and all to do with the bottom line. I don't know, I'm just saying.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Of course it could also be that if tv characters do not reflect the demographics of the population, they hope to increase viewership of minorities. Bottom line again

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
In the 1990's, all the broadcasting stations were consolidated down into London. But as London became more "international" and less "British", they really only started seeing as far as their own neighborhoods. To the people who live in London, mostly minorities and alternative lifestylers, having programming that reflects the demographics of the rest of the UK under-represents them.

It would all have been far simpler if every region had just continued to make their own programming:

www.tv-ark.org.uk...

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: werewolf99

I always figured if the show's writing was good, regardless of cast ethnicity, people would watch it. Evidently, I was mistaken? Why should I care if the cast is all-white if the story rocks with a black or hispanic one? Case in point, shows like the George Lopez Show, Hanging With Mr Cooper, Girlfriends -- they were well written, IMO. I could have given 2 s**** less about their cast's ethnicity, I watched them for the storylines and humor. I really wish the character dynamics of those older shows could be recaptured & done again. If someone came up with an all-Asian cast version of Law & Order, I'd probably watch that for the same reasons.

If you can't enjoy the entertainment because of someone's skin color or origin, I'm thinking the issue's a little deeper than demographics pandering.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
Throw out the television and it all goes away

Just in case it was lost in translation... that was precisely my point.
/salute

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: GetOutOfMyLight

However if these above percentage racial quotas extend to everything: and if they get away with it one place then why wouldnt they want it evernwhere: they there would be more white unemployment and we would need to move to other countries to get work. Are these quotas all some cunning plan to get us into hot countries and get the coloured people into the cold rainy countries?

top topics

join