It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'World's First' Recreational Marijuana Advertisement

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

No, I live in Newfoundland actually. Opposite coast. Things locally can sometimes get quite dire in the market, but there exist outside sources, let's say directly from BC that perhaps theoretically extend the reach of those west coast prices to the far reaches of the country. I hope I'm being vague enough to remain within TOC on the issue.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Monger
It is quite difficult to obtain medical cannabis status in Canada, prohibitively so for some people. The only real option is the recreational market, because Health Canada's goal ultimately is to make it as difficult as possible for people to get access to the stuff.

Fortunately, the stuff is plentiful and relatively cheap. Canadians smoke more of it than just about any other country. We're also one of the richest, and generally well regarded nations on the planet.

I went to Canada on my own when i was 18 (Montreal) its such a beautiful place!! and yeah its not only plentiful and cheap there its alot more potent and high quality than what Australia has on offer ill tell you that much! I was kind of shocked how like everyone smokes it there though and its so accepted people dont tend to discriminate people that smoke it also, im really surprised to read that they don't want to legalise it there and want to make it harder for people to get medical marijuana i thought Canada would have been on board with it for sure.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

Our Liberal Political Party has been making waives by making it part of their platform this year, it's our Conservative Gov that currently runs the place who is stuck in the stone ages.

Legalization efforts in the US, especially border states like Washington and Colorado help our cause because law enforcement in Canada is not willing to deal with the increased traffic and work, and the Provincial governments of those provinces do not want to spend the money on policing and jailing users for no reason.

So it's getting better.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

*** ATTENTION - ATTENTION - ATTENTION ***

The Terms and Conditions still forbid discussion about personal use:

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, discussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances, legal or otherwise: discussing personal use or personal experiences as the result of such substances is not allowed in any form.

DO NOT discuss personal use. That is not what the TOPIC is about. The topic is about the commercial advertisement. Any further posts discussing personal use will be removed.

Thank you.

(Please do not respond to this message.)

edit on 15-7-2014 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Jul 15 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: IXIXI

It's no better than alcohol except for the fact that you don't have marijuana related overdose deaths and stoned drivers killing people every night after 2am when the clubs close and the drunks pile in their cars

That should be proof enough that it's safer than alcohol, yet alcohol is legal and cannabis is not.

95% of the people who i knew with a medical license were just plain potheads, the other 5% had LEGIT reasons such as disease and disorders which the plant helped considerably

Why is someone who enjoys recreational cannabis any different than someone having a few beers? Besides this:

the fact that you don't have marijuana related overdose deaths and stoned drivers killing people every night after 2am when the clubs close and the drunks pile in their cars

alternative medicine for those who need it but not for joe schmo who just wants to get stoned and brag to their friends that it's legal for me

Who are you to decide who is allowed to have and what? Cannabis prohibition has been a huge waste of time and resources. All the propaganda and the war on drugs, for what? A harmless plant? There is no logic in it.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The advertisement points out the huge fallacy in "legal makes equal" argument - people who like to drink can gather in a public place, drink all they want, and stagger out at 2 a.m. People who like to smoke marijuana don't have a place to legally hang out with friends or strangers, everyone doing what they do, until they float out at 2 a.m.

If people can't gather to smoke, dance, and discuss the newest quantum mechanics information ("Are you telling me its bubbles all the way down????") coming out of CERN in a public place filled with friends, colleagues, strangers, and almost-strangers, there is really no equality even though the illusion of semi-legality persists. If people can only use it in their homes, like social lepers, and cannot gather to watch the game at the local pot pub, true equality is still a long way off.

Oh, and the happy hours. And Ladies Nights. And the dart contests...well, maybe not the dart contests, but definitely Ladies Nights, as well as that complimentary dish filled with pretzels and nuts.
edit on 15-7-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I'd like to say, without having tried MJ some people would be more close minded. I know it may sound cliche but, marijuana opens the mind, man! A lot of some peoples outlook on life can honestly be attributed to MJ breaking walls down in their mind. Does that mean marijuana is for everyone? Of course not. Also, it's actually a lazy assumption, that marijuana makes you a lazy apathetic stoner. Yeah, there are those strands that definitely do that to you, but it isn't all of them. People react differently to marijuana too. Sometimes they get super motivated and creative. Yes, people even study while under the influence. I really hate the lazy stoner stereotype.

The commercial was meh.
edit on 15-7-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: T&C

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Well what chance is there of having a balanced debate when you have a passionate, and biased mod on board?

No way marijuana is all rainbows and butterflies. I'm not going to say it's in the same league as Alcohol, but it's definitely possible to become addicted, and stagnate, at a minimum.

Back to the commercial. I don't have anything against people consuming whatever they like, per say, but this commercial is just dumb. First pot commercial in the world, and they blew it! So many ways to make an awesome pot ad, and this one is just lame.

I'm sure you can find studies that say pot is awesome, but you can also find some showing the real dangers from it. It stains your teeth, and you think your lungs are going to be a-okay? Yea, no way. If I'm recalling correctly, it has 4-5 times the carcinogens than your average cigarette by weight. Smoke a lot, every day, of high quality, and you'll eventually have messed lungs. Have a potential for psychosis? It's only so long before that becomes realized from pot.

I've known so many people who finally succumb to paranoia, depression, or just a bit too much anxiety on it, where it's no longer fun, and they have to quit. Usually late 20's or into the 30's for potheads. Some can keep it up all their lives. No problem with that. I'm not going to be a fool and say that it's a drug without side effects. That's just silly.
edit on 15-7-2014 by pl3bscheese because: boo on no personal talk, makes my post half arse

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I seriously laughed aloud when Crop King laughs OMG...now if you will excuse me I haz munchies

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

Back to the commercial. I don't have anything against people consuming whatever they like, per say, but this commercial is just dumb. First pot commercial in the world, and they blew it! So many ways to make an awesome pot ad, and this one is just lame.

No argument here. So many possibilities and... yeah. I'll concede you that.

But I'm sure we'll be seeing some good ones in the near future.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
I'd like to say that without having tried MJ, I would be a more close minded person. I know it may sound cliche but, marijuana opened my mind, man. A lot of my outlook on life I can honestly say came from MJ breaking walls down in my mind. Does that mean marijuana is for everyone? Of course not. Also, it's actually a lazy assumption, that marijuana makes you a lazy apathetic stoner. Yeah, there are those strands that definitely do that to you, but it isn't all of them. People react differently to marijuana too. Sometimes they get super motivated and creative. Yes, people even study while under the influence. I really hate the lazy stoner stereotype.

The commercial was meh.

Wish i could give u 100 stars i agree 100% i really hate the lazy stoner stereotype aswell but it seems to be an argument people raise very often that are against it, pretty stupid argument anyway if you ask me! Wish i could say more but keeping T&C in mind.. But you are so right! Plenty of things make people lazy, even the food some people consume but they want to go ahead and use that as a reason to he against it and to stereotype well thats just ignorance.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

You must of just had some bad stuff. Its not everyone that smokes it is like that.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

I feel so sorry for Marc Emery. He's out now and back home and he must be absolutely pissed and over-joyed at the same time. I hope you all know who Marc Emery is.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: IXIXI

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Why? What harm does it do to you for someone else to smoke pot? Regardless of what you THINK it does for other people, who are YOU to tell someone else what they can or can't put into their body? Especially considering that marijuana has actually been shown to be GOOD for you?

I want you to give me ONE good reason why it should be illegal. What is SO harmful about marijuana that it should be a crime? Not to mention the war on drugs is a proven failure. More people smoke pot than EVER before.

More people commit violent crimes, mass shootings are far more frequent in the good ol USA.
Also more people are smoking crack, and more people are homeless at this point in time...does this mean it's okay and acceptable as a form of argument to further your personal agenda? No.

If every American would start to smoke pot and making it "the norm" in our already frayed society it will hurt the younger kids who are in school watching their older brothers/sisters/relatives/peers getting stoned and saying hey its OK it's legal now, come alter your state of mind!

Smoking pot changes your behavior, I don't want a mass of lazy unmotivated stoners who would rather roll up some joints than crack open their books and study to get good grades and have a shot at a good college education.

It DOES benefit people with legit needs... and by legit I mean their actual physician, at a hospital recommended they use it as a form of treatment to help ease the pain of their cancer or crohns. Not some for profit marijuana doctor in a suite next to your local Subway sandwhich shop selling recommendations for $50 to 18 year old stoners. You're welcome to smoke pot if you want, I made the choice to stop and throw away my prescription. It doesn't need to be outright legal in my opinion

WOW! I never thought I would encounter someone one on ATS who is a stastitician, medical doctor and psychologist all wrapped into one!!!

Really...you need to get a grip 👎 you seem a tad bit "paranoid".

Sure you haven't been smoking some sweet leaf?

😏

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

I know ye old Mr. Marc 😁

I'm happy for him. His seeds were the best (next to DJ Shorts) 👍 even though he packaged them in CD cases that weren't bubble wrapped and shipped them to the US via London.

ETA
Canada did him wrong by the way.

edit on 7/15/14 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePublicEnemyNo1

Harper. Harper did this. He turned his back on a fellow Canadian and let the DEA walk right in. For seeds. What a shame. The most ridiculous quote of the year "With Emery behind bars, we feel this was a significant blow to the marijuana legalization movement" - DEA The rest is history.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: ThePublicEnemyNo1

Harper. Harper did this. He turned his back on a fellow Canadian and let the DEA walk right in. For seeds. What a shame. The most ridiculous quote of the year "With Emery behind bars, we feel this was a significant blow to the marijuana legalization movement" - DEA The rest is history.

Yeah...that was a back stabbing for sure. Marc is a genius IMVHO. I love everything he did for the movement and for Canada.

They're gonna wish they hadn't done him wrong one day very soon. Canada had it going on, but Harper screwed his people the day he took it up the @$$ for the DEA.

Marc will always be a pioneer along with Jack Herer, Jorge Cervantes, Mel Thomas, Howard Marks and I forget the other guys name up in Oakland. You know who I'm talking about, he has a section in High Times magazine.

Oh yeah and this old guy I know named Mr. Sonny 😁
edit on 7/15/14 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: NthOther

I feel so sorry for Marc Emery. He's out now and back home and he must be absolutely pissed and over-joyed at the same time. I hope you all know who Marc Emery is.

Yup that really saddens me... The people who broke ground got shafted. Not to mention the hundreds of thousands of Canadians who still can't cross the border into the states, even to visit dying family members, because they got caught with miniscule amounts of weed. The whole world bent over and kissed the ass of the US war on drugs yet the States are now changing their minds.

Plus the mountains of fake medical marijauna claims (at least among my acquaintances) here in bc, yet the average citizen is a criminal. I don't partake but I hate the hypocrisy.
edit on 16-7-2014 by igloo because: Clarifiication

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
once made legal and more affordable most people would eat it id assume, i know i will and then it will become completely harmless .until then ill keep burning it and damaging my lungs

i wonder how many people crash their car due to insomnia ?

i wonder how many people get psychosis due to insomnia ?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I can't wait.

I can legally take all of the Morphine I want, except it screws me up and puts me in zombie land.

Then there are the sleeping pills that I also have proscribed that also leave one feeling crap for the whole next day.

If I took all the crap I am proscribed I would be a Zombie.

Yet a tiny amount of weed once at night gives me a good night's pain free sleep.

I wish all of these idiots that want to ban the stuff could step into my shoes for just a bloody week.

In the meantime I suffer in silence only taking meds when it becomes way too much.

Stupid world!

P

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join