It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'World's First' Recreational Marijuana Advertisement

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I think the Super Bowl ads are about to get a whole lot funnier (or, at least, "this bud's for you" will be taking on a whole new meaning):

'World's first' recreational marijuana ad takes on prohibition policies

But obviously this one isn't meant for television, considering the language used:

Crop King Seeds, a breeder of marijuana in Canada, has released what the company calls "the world's first” recreational pot commercial. Cue the uncontrollable laughter.

“We wanted something that not just advertise [sic] our company but also something that promotes a healthier alternative to alcohol and tobacco,” Crop King Seeds said in a statement. “We want to break the stigma that marijuana has earned from years of media brainwash and manipulation.”

The ad criticizes official discrimination against cannabis while mocking the protected position afforded to alcoholic beverages.

Though Crop King Seeds claims it has released the "world's first marijuana commercial," there were previous ads for medical marijuana.

The tone of Crop King Seeds' ad, though, is a far cry from some of the first marijuana advertisement for medical cannabis.

You knew it was coming.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Hurry up Australia!!! We need this ASAP

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Gotta love it.........Now if the rest of the united states would just move forward........one could only hope.......

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
as someone who was a medicinal marijuana user for the past 7 years I really have to disagree. I've been sober for 5 months as I work towards my goal of becoming a firefighter and let me tell you 95% of the people who i knew with a medical license were just plain potheads, the other 5% had LEGIT reasons such as disease and disorders which the plant helped considerably. I think it's a great alternative medicine for those who need it but not for joe schmo who just wants to get stoned and brag to their friends that it's legal for me maaaaaaaaaan. It's no better than alcohol except for the fact that you don't have marijuana related overdose deaths and stoned drivers killing people every night after 2am when the clubs close and the drunks pile in their cars. Should remain illegal and obtaining a medical license should be considerably harder. Example, in california where I live these "marijuana doctors" will have you fill out a form and checkmark a box or two on why you think you need this, then pay a nominal fee of $50 and the cute secretary will ask if you want to spend $10 for a super neat ID card which holds no merit. Then they print out your "recommendation" on a piece of paper that you're suppose to carry with you at all times. Atleast make the process legit, and not about $$

+18 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: IXIXI

Why? What harm does it do to you for someone else to smoke pot? Regardless of what you THINK it does for other people, who are YOU to tell someone else what they can or can't put into their body? Especially considering that marijuana has actually been shown to be GOOD for you?

I want you to give me ONE good reason why it should be illegal. What is SO harmful about marijuana that it should be a crime? Not to mention the war on drugs is a proven failure. More people smoke pot than EVER before.
edit on 15-7-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: IXIXI

It's no better than alcohol except for the fact that you don't have marijuana related overdose deaths and stoned drivers killing people every night after 2am when the clubs close and the drunks pile in their cars.

Yeah, they're totally the same except for that whole destroying your body part and the negligent killing of people around you part.

But other than that...

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Lol this was funny.

If they made this legal over here (uk), the majority of everyone I've ever met would be on it.

It's not hard to fake back pain!

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Why? What harm does it do to you for someone else to smoke pot? Regardless of what you THINK it does for other people, who are YOU to tell someone else what they can or can't put into their body? Especially considering that marijuana has actually been shown to be GOOD for you?

I want you to give me ONE good reason why it should be illegal. What is SO harmful about marijuana that it should be a crime? Not to mention the war on drugs is a proven failure. More people smoke pot than EVER before.

PREACH IT!

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

It's no better than alcohol except for the fact that you don't have marijuana related overdose deaths and stoned drivers killing people every night after 2am when the clubs close and the drunks pile in their cars.

Please provide your peer reviewed research proving this as fact.

Then I will post all MY peer reviewed research disputing those facts, as they are not facts, but propaganda.

I've worked in the medical MJ field for well over a decade now and the science behind what Cannabinoids are capable of is quite sound and ever increasingly positive.

I find it hard to believe that you were one of the 5% 'Legit' cases you speak of considering your outlook.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

More people commit violent crimes, mass shootings are far more frequent in the good ol USA.
Also more people are smoking crack, and more people are homeless at this point in time...does this mean it's okay and acceptable as a form of argument to further your personal agenda? No.

If every American would start to smoke pot and making it "the norm" in our already frayed society it will hurt the younger kids who are in school watching their older brothers/sisters/relatives/peers getting stoned and saying hey its OK it's legal now, come alter your state of mind!

Smoking pot changes your behavior, I don't want a mass of lazy unmotivated stoners who would rather roll up some joints than crack open their books and study to get good grades and have a shot at a good college education.

It DOES benefit people with legit needs... and by legit I mean their actual physician, at a hospital recommended they use it as a form of treatment to help ease the pain of their cancer or crohns. Not some for profit marijuana doctor in a suite next to your local Subway sandwhich shop selling recommendations for $50 to 18 year old stoners. You're welcome to smoke pot if you want, I made the choice to stop and throw away my prescription. It doesn't need to be outright legal in my opinion

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

More people commit violent crimes, mass shootings are far more frequent in the good ol USA.
Also more people are smoking crack, and more people are homeless at this point in time...does this mean it's okay and acceptable as a form of argument to further your personal agenda? No.

That's not even an argument.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Please provide your peer reviewed research proving this as fact.

Then I will post all MY peer reviewed research disputing those facts, as they are not facts, but propaganda.

I've worked in the medical MJ field for well over a decade now and the science behind what Cannabinoids are capable of is quite sound and ever increasingly positive.

I find it hard to believe that you were one of the 5% 'Legit' cases you speak of considering your outlook.

~Tenth

since when was CBD rich marijuana strains anything remotely close to THC rich marijuana strains? Yeah CBD helps my mom with her crohns but the god damn OG Kush with 24% thc does absolutely nothing for her. So you're telling me the thousands of people who went to our co-op per week and only bought top shelf meds with 22% or better thc and left the stuff in the low 15% to rot and mildew forcing the club owner to burn it when it was no longer suitable for sale? or how about the pounds of cbd rich strains that sat collecting dust when only the few select people who were seeking actual medical relief came in to buy their eigth to last them 3 weeks? I guess i'm just retarded, sorry to bother you scientist

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Crime in Denver is down 10% this year.

Denver Still not Overrun by Lawless Zombie Stoners

Just sayin'.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightAssassin
a reply to: NthOther

Hurry up Australia!!! We need this ASAP

We really do! Here in W.A we are getting a tiny bit closer, its on the cards (medical marijuana anyway) but we need it all round legalised if we became a nation of smokers instead of drinkers we would have a whole lot less violence problems! Ans not to mention all the people that would benefit from the medicinal properties of the plant.

I love this ad though OP it is straight to the point and full of facts hopefully then that would lead pepple to see that alcohol is whats bad for you not weed. I could go on and on why but i think majority of us know why.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Love it, love everything about it.

The world is changing in a very, very interesting way. A long time coming, as far as I'm concerned.
edit on 7/15/2014 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Ah, I disputed with you the fact that you said that it was the same as Alcohol.

Now obviously you are more versed in the issue than I had thought, further shocking me into wondering why the hell you would have this outlook..

There are plenty of for profit doctors who yes, started prescribing this stuff to anybody who had 50$ and a mosquito bite, I agree with you.

However, that isn't the norm in the medical community at large. This actually only really happens in the US, it was due to POOR oversight and far too easy access when it should have been more locked down.

That was then and this is now.

In Canada for example, where I'm a member of the industry it's actually a bit difficult to get yourself a prescription without having seen a few doctors and filing mountains of paper work.

The industry as it was, prior to legalization was in shambles because there was no clear avenue or set of laws to govern it.

Colorado and Washington are PROVING that the fears of the people were wrong. High tax revenue, crime rate stagnation or decrease, the list of benefits go on and on.

And 2nd, smoking MJ is the least effective form of treatment bar none. The proper method for anybody taking this as medicine should be to ingest after processing.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
WOW! So many stereotypes...

Mass shootings? Smoking crack? Homeless people? What does that have to do with smoking pot? This is all irrelevant distraction and has nothing to do with the topic.

If every American would start to smoke pot and making it "the norm" in our already frayed society it will hurt the younger kids who are in school watching their older brothers/sisters/relatives/peers getting stoned and saying hey its OK it's legal now, come alter your state of mind!

SO what? Why does it matter to you what other people do? You do realize that they are pretty much all already doing it right? Not to mention pharmaceutical companies give out drugs like candy stores. I'd rather people smoked pot than did percocet (though I really don't care what they put in their body).

Smoking pot changes your behavior, I don't want a mass of lazy unmotivated stoners who would rather roll up some joints than crack open their books and study to get good grades and have a shot at a good college education.

This is all old stereotypes from propaganda. You have no idea how many people are functioning potheads who have good careers and good lives. Not all stoners are lazy. You should stop believing the lies.

Here Are 50 Marijuana Users Who Are Unbelievably Successful

It DOES benefit people with legit needs... and by legit I mean their actual physician, at a hospital recommended they use it as a form of treatment to help ease the pain of their cancer or crohns. Not some for profit marijuana doctor in a suite next to your local Subway sandwhich shop selling recommendations for $50 to 18 year old stoners. You're welcome to smoke pot if you want, I made the choice to stop and throw away my prescription. It doesn't need to be outright legal in my opinion

It benefits anyone who uses it. You still haven't given me a reason why it should be illegal. Just a bunch of nonsense and stereotypes that are old and outdated. What about the hemp industry? It has been shown that hemp is a HIGHLY beneficial fiber that could invigorate our manufacturing industry. Oh yeah, legal weed would invigorate our manufacturing base again.

Also explain to me why you want to put marijuana users in jail. What are they doing that is SOOO bad that they have to be put in jail for smoking weed? Because THAT is what illegal means. Like I said, the war on drugs has failed. We've literally created drug CORPORATIONS south of our border thanks to the war on drugs. More people do drugs than ever before. And MANY people are incarcerated for non-violent crimes. Marijuana is the LEAST harmful drug that is currently illegal (it is a schedule 1 drug, the worst kind). I really see zero reason why it should be illegal.
edit on 15-7-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

So basically you're saying that you're happy to have used cannabis as a medicine, but you don't like seeing other people use the same medicine? What exactly are you saying? You're talking out of two sides of your mouth.. talking about the virtues of cannabis as medicine from one side, and moralizing against it from the other.

'I've got mine, so screw you' is a terrible mindset to have.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
It is quite difficult to obtain medical cannabis status in Canada, prohibitively so for some people. The only real option is the recreational market, because Health Canada's goal ultimately is to make it as difficult as possible for people to get access to the stuff.

Fortunately, the stuff is plentiful and relatively cheap. Canadians smoke more of it than just about any other country. We're also one of the richest, and generally well regarded nations on the planet.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Monger

Fortunately, the stuff is plentiful and relatively cheap. Canadians smoke more of it than just about any other country. We're also one of the richest, and generally well regarded nations on the planet.

You live in BC don't you?

It's like....The Land Of Oz, out there...Not the same for me on the opposite side in NB, trust me on that.

~Tenth

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join