It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Most Say Opposition to Obama Has Pretty Much Nothing to Do With Race

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

No i don't mind at all, his mother was white, and his father black. I personally have always found it racist to call him a only as a black president. It ignores his white heritage and only supports his black heritage. The left seems to need a person they deem as their minority leader to say see we made it. This country has worked very hard to overcome racism albeit the battle isn't over but but to ignore a person's heritage based on color only means we now have racism reversed, just so we can say we now have a black president. This is a feel good measure by the left, to make them feel better about themselves.

Personally I don't give a crap if you green if you're doing what's right by America. But you can't ignore one persons heritage in order to promote another even if they are in the same person.. Just google his mothers name if you know it and google his fathers. See which gets more attention the communist black father from Kenya or his communist white mother from Kansas.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

No offense, but there is a whole lot of ignorance in that post. So..."African-AMERICANs" are just that..

Most African Americans have European (aka White) DNA from slave owners. Thus the reason that "African" natives look a darker shade than African Americans. Interestingly...over a 3rd of "White" Americans have African DNA for the same reason. A couple of hundred years ago in America the fate of a child was determined by skin shade. If the offspring of slave owner and slave was dark enough they joined the slaves...light enough..they were raised white...but either way African Americans and White Americans share ancestors and DNA. Geez, I even think there is a famous Youtube of a white supremist somewhere taking a DNA test to prove his purity only to discover he had a Black Great-Great grandmother.

For this reason most people use the term "people of color"...because it most accurately describes the characteristic that provokes such ignorance in the intolerant.

So while President Obama might have some white DNA...so does 99% of African Americans...who mostly appear various shades of "brown" as opposed to "black" for that reason.

That genetic reality had no effect on the racism people of color endured in this country 50 years ago..nor does it lesson the number of deeply ignorant folks that are racists today.

So I am struggling to see why I should care that his mother is white? Does that buy him something from the professionally retarded crew waving "Born in Kenya" signs?

Ignorance by it's nature means people don't have the intellectual capacity to see beyond color.

Scratch any Americans "White Heritage" or "Black Heritage" and you find them deeply intermingled to the degree to which either definition becomes useless. We share the same history and heritage, good and bad.

Yes...We elected a "person of Color"...an "African American"...yes it was historic and had never happened before? Is that to be debated? Or is it you hope that declaring him half white will somehow lessen that fact? It seems a desperate and disconnected argument to make.

Yes, racism exists. Yes, the President has been a target of Racism on a national scale.

Doesn't make him a great President, doesn't make him a bad one either. It is a topic apart from his performance. But all of the above remains true whatever color his or your own parents or great-great grandparents were.

There are still those so ignorant as to examine the skin tone of a newborn baby and assume they know that beings worth and character.
edit on 16-7-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

There is a very large difference between having some DNA and being of a white mother and black Father. You are basing his being African American by his appearance. What if his skin color was much lighter as I am sure you have seen as well as I have in people? What is he then to a blind man? He would be American. That my friend is the rub, I don't do African American, Mexican American, Irish American, etc. you are American.

Why should I care that his mother is white?"

You shouldn't but you seem to vehemently claim his color has created a race problem. While ignoring the other 1/2, this in itself is racist. You shouldn't care what color he is, what color his dad is, or his mother. This is what makes professional sports so great it doesn't matter what color you are if you are the best at your job you are hired.

Which brings us full circle, he is a terrible American president, to bad he is under contract for 2.5 more years, because he needs to be fired.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Reply to: neo96

I have a dream that one day people will be judged on the content of their character.

Well... I've got good news for ya!

I've been fortunate enough to have spent most of my life living in places where that, truly is, the norm. Unfortunately, Washington DC, and ATS, are not two of them.

See ya buddy,
Milt

edit on 194America/Chicago7RAmerica/Chicago2014-07-16T22:40:01-05:00Wednesdayu01America/Chicago by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Duh.. of course it doesn't.

White people are the reason he was elected. He had to get over 50 percent of the vote, yet I would bet his approval rating no longer reflects that and if he was voted on now he wouldn't get anywhere near that.

I voted for him (against Palin) in his first election and then voted Gary Johnson in 2012. I didn't become racist.

Racism is such a lame excuse when he couldn't possibly have won without white Americans voting him in. Well not actually voting him in, but providing enough votes as to cover vote flips and fraud.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

There is a very large difference between having some DNA and being of a white mother and black Father. You are basing his being African American by his appearance.

How so? is there some sliding scale I am unaware of? Most racists don't seem to do genealogy research on the recipients of their ignorance.

Good question...why did you bring it up again?

You shouldn't but you seem to vehemently claim his color has created a race problem.

Yes..like being an attractive woman creates a rapist problem.

Good luck with your worldview.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

You made some good points to that fellow, but the reality is, he's just a bad president similar to Bush.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

There is a very large difference between having some DNA and being of a white mother and black Father. You are basing his being African American by his appearance.

How so? is there some sliding scale I am unaware of? Most racists don't seem to do genealogy research on the recipients of their ignorance.

Doing genealogy on a person to establish the heritage is falling into the same racist trap. Why do you feel you need to identify a person by the DNA, isn't the point that a person is American or not?

Good question...why did you bring it up again?
Because you fail to see from your world view that his mother is just as important as his father. You seem to desire only the side that suits you. It is not being fair but being racist in itself.

You shouldn't but you seem to vehemently claim his color has created a race problem.

Yes..like being an attractive woman creates a rapist problem.

Rape is an act of violence and not a condition created by the looks of a woman.

Good luck with your worldview.

Thanks its worked for 56 years, with American friends, of various shades as you say of color. Including a first wife whose parents immigrated from Mexico in the 40's. My son has a great permanent tan, and has grown up to be a very successful American, and his skin color hasn't focused his outlook on anything other than doing well and being happy.

To dwell on race, limits a person ability to achieve the things in life they are capable of. To use it as an excuse for your failings is to diminish the value you could offer to society. Certainly President Obama if anything else is a determined individual with the drive to become an American president, setting an example of what's possible when you don't let race get in the way.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

You made some good points to that fellow, but the reality is, he's just a bad president similar to Bush.

And that is a fair perspective and opinion. We likely agree on some issues with the current POTUS...but again, to assert that race has not been an issue among anyone opposed to him is just silly given the tonnage of very public evidence to the contrary...And that is the topic. An OP/Thread about whether he is a good President or not is a whole different animal.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

His race, color of his skin is not the issue. Never has been.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=18156048]MarlinGrace

To dwell on race, limits a person ability to achieve the things in life they are capable of. To use it as an excuse for your failings is to diminish the value you could offer to society. Certainly President Obama if anything else is a determined individual with the drive to become an American president, setting an example of what's possible when you don't let race get in the way.

There we agree. President Obama set a historic precedent and after 250 years paved the way for people of color to the "highest office in the land". It took unusual determination and ambition, more so because of the racists that came out of the closet to oppose him. Beyond that...His performance as President is without question, up for fair debate. Personally I would give him a C+ as President, and a B+ if I was grading on a curve in comparison to other recent Presidents. You and everyone else are entitled to grade him differently. That is what democracy is.

As for the topic/OP...again, the poll was silly, it was race baiting, it was useless beyond a tool to fan shrinking flames of racism in this country.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman

His race, color of his skin is not the issue. Never has been.

It's the OP topic Poll: Most Say Opposition to Obama Has Pretty Much Nothing to Do With Race

Otherwise the OP would have simply cited his un-favorability numbers.

That is how race baiting works.

As far as "never has been" ...or even "is not now"...that takes some mental gymnastics and serious denial to claim.

You would be better of including the caveat "for most people"...

As it stands, 31% of the people in the poll believe race is a factor in his disapproval numbers..

But again...this poll is useless on multiple fronts (beyond race baiting).

Hell...how many people believe they will win the lottery or be millionaires some day?

Race "is" and "was" an issue..how much of an issue if up for discussion.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Well, I will give you one thing. Race was an issue.
How many people stated they voted FOR him due to race again??

Opposition to him and his Progressive polices has nothing to do with race. Unless Progressive is now a color.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Opposition to him and his Progressive polices has nothing to do with race. Unless Progressive is now a color.

For the love of God...

Want a thousand more?

You are capable of holding two thoughts in your mind simultaneously? Yes, some people oppose him purely on policy, yes some people oppose him purely on race, and yes some people oppose him for both reasons.

The only BS is answer is to claim opposition to him "has nothing to do with race". It takes work to hold that ground on BS mountain.
edit on 17-7-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Should I provide all the racist crap from the left???

Rev Wright maybe???

Racists are on both sides.

The majority don't see his color. They see the policies that are flushing the US down the toilet.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
so these photos of pres. obama in and his wife from various sites are not racist?

talkingpointsmemo.com...

www.usnews.com... l
www.foxnews.com...
www.defshepherd.com...

edit on 17-7-2014 by blackthorne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: blackthorne

poorrichardsnews.com...

www.buzzfeed.com...

talkingpointsmemo.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

dailycaller.com...

www.nbcnews.com...

Shall we continue??

edit on 17-7-2014 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Should I provide all the racist crap from the left???

You could, but it would have nothing to do with the OP, nor your BS claim that opposition to President Obama has "NOTHING to do with race".

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Has just as much to do with Opposition to 0bama.

So, you think that opposition equals racism.

Seems there are many racist on the Progressive/Dem side, that have shown opposition to 0bama. Guess you guys are correct.
Race is the issue for ANYONE that has a problem with him.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join