It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Most Say Opposition to Obama Has Pretty Much Nothing to Do With Race

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee
I don't care about skin,well RAP will always suck to a HEADBANGER, but no, it's ALL a clash of ethics.His vs mine.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
I don't care about skin,well RAP will always suck to a HEADBANGER, but no, it's ALL a clash of ethics.His vs mine.

I think you mean philosophy, to say his ethics clash with anyone elses implies he has some.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: minusinfinity

originally posted by: Annee
Hang out in a bar in Arizona.

Funny how people will express their true feelings hanging out with their own kind.

Wow!

You are just full of hate.

I hate to say this, because I do think that many people on the Right dislike Obama solely based on politics, but for some...there is a race element involved.

I cannot begin to tell you how many times I have had to stuff my face with turkey on the holidays just to keep me from blasting some of my Republican family members and their friends when they say things like "Obama is just a dirty Muslim ni**er".

They are not the majority, but it is still out there and they are a dangerous group of people that cannot be ignored.

Side note: If race wasn't an issue and did not really need to be addressed, what reason is there to conduct a poll like this?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Colbert Thanks Racism for Allowing Him to See Truth About Obama

I rarely use this term, but OMG!

That was the funniest thing I have seen in some time and it hit the nail on the head. It's sad when comedy makes more sense then the media tripe and what comes out of the mouths of politicians.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

I hate to say it but,

Ah the good old days when dissent, and debate, and disagreement was patriotic, whoops 'racist' these days.

Race isn't an issue.

What some people are saying is that one kind of bigotry is 'unacceptable' but when it's against others like:

Rich folks,bankers,corporations,gun owners, republicans BIGOTRY is perfectly acceptable.
edit on 15-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
ABSOLUTELY INDEED. Great post. Deserves some added emphasis:

originally posted by: neo96

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 61% of Likely U.S. Voters think people who oppose the president’s policies do so primarily because they believe his policies are bad, not because of racism.

Why is that the American Express race card in your pocket?

While recent events in the current state of the union change pretty much everyday, and those shills on Capitol Hill do a full court press to change the narrative of 'what concerns us'.

Hey people forget about the VA, IRS,ILLEGALS immigrant's,Benghazi, and every other so called 'phony' scandal.

The world of the day is 'RACE'.

While I do try to stay out of the 'race' threads I can't help, but make this one.

I am sure it will end up in the 'mudpits' because I guess that is where it belongs.

For your reading 'enjoyment' :

Reid: We’re not gonna let “five white men” have the last word on Hobby Lobby

Eric Holder: ‘Racial animus’ fuels opposition to Obama and me

And the latest one:

Lerner Associate: "I Don’t Understand How Anyone But Straight White Men Can Vote Republican”

So there we are not once,not twice, not three times, but 6 YEARS of the never ending race card because those purveyors of 'Hey your racists' have NO legitimate arguments to make against the current administrations critics.

And they have no problems using politics best weapons of mass distraction,race.

I have a dream that one day people will be judged on the content of their character.

And I can clearly say that Holder,Reid,Lerner's 'associate's,etc have none.

For a group of people who ran on that simpleton slogan of 'Forward' during the last election they sure are stuck looking backasswards.

Of course, the facts of the survey won't influence those willfully blind who are so used to blathering worshipfully about the current Destroyer-in-Chief/ Narcissist-Character-Disorder-in-Chief/ Pathological-Liar-In-Chief . . .

Whenever someone screeches "it's because of racism" . . .

that folks:

--refuse to kiss the current Destroyer-in-Chief's butt and other body parts

--refuse to believe his chronic lies

--refuse to applaud his outrageously treasonous destructions of the Constitution and our way of life

--refuse to bow 3 times daily to the plastic O farce on their dashboards

--refuse to kiss his feet

--refuse to believe a single word out of his upper hot gas orifice

. . .
. . .

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Jeez..instead of weeping like children about Obama being president, why does the GOP not come up with a candidate that they can get elected? Seems a better use of energy, and a lot less whiny.

I mean, I don't like Steve, but at least I'm doing something about it.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Boy she sure was "forceful" back then eh. and meant every word too !!

From that....to THIS

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
Jeez..instead of weeping like children about Obama being president, why does the GOP not come up with a candidate that they can get elected? Seems a better use of energy, and a lot less whiny.

They have a couple of years to figure it out.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I hate to say it but,

Ah the good old days before dissent, and debate, and disagreement was patriotic, whoops 'racist' these days.

Race isn't an issue.

What some people are saying is that one kind of bigotry is 'unacceptable' but when it's against others like:

Rich folks,bankers,corporations,gun owners, republicans BIGOTRY is perfectly acceptable.

It needs to be made very clear that none of those things are in and of itself wrong. There is nothing wrong with rich folk, banks, corporations or even gun owners (as I am one of those crazy people), but it's the extremes of those entities that spoils it for the rest.

Most Republicans are not driven by race, but that element still exists and apparently the people that did this poll felt the need to somehow attempt to address it.

I would not say that you are racist, Neo, but there is a very vocal minority within the party that is. We cannot dismiss that because it's dangerous and counterproductive.

Can we agree that some people, both the Left and Right, are either racist or play the race card because of their personal or political belief?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I would not say that you are racist, Neo, but there is a very vocal minority within the party that is. We cannot dismiss that because it's dangerous and counterproductive.

See the problem with this is ?

EVERY group of people has their snip hats.

Let he who without sin cast the first stone.

Senator Robert Byrd comes to mind, and when he died, the current generation of his peers sung his praises.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

See the problem with this is ?

EVERY group of people has their snip hats.

Let he who without sin cast the first stone.

Senator Robert Byrd comes to mind, and when he died, the current generation of his peers sung his praises.

Exactly.

I'll remember that the next time you speak out against Obama or the Democrats.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

They have a couple of years to figure it out.

Might wanna start sometime soon. They've shown the public their brand...and been treated like Jehovah's Witnesses at the door.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I'll remember that the next time you speak out against Obama or the Democrats.

Good luck with that as my criticism of him has EXACTLY nothing to do with race.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I didn't say it was about race.

I'm just agreeing with your comment "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone".

Live it...just don't say it.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Really did you know what you agreed with ?

Senator Robert Byrd the KKK dude.

Name any current or past Republican congressman that were KKK members.

Please.

en.wikipedia.org...

Apparently that 'racist' is OK !

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
This entire admin has been one scandal after another.Suddenly this is now a race issue? Please spare us as our intelligence has been insulted for about 8 years now.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Really did you know what you agreed with ?

Senator Robert Byrd the KKK dude.

Name any current or past Republican congressman that were KKK members.

Please.

en.wikipedia.org...

Apparently that 'racist' is OK !

I'm just agreeing with your comment "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone".

I thought I was pretty clear on what I agreed with.

Byrd was a nutbag racist. Ok....so there is racism within the Dem party. I thought I said that there are racists on both sides in a previous post.

You are just throwing stones, Neo.

Bad form.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Yeah here comes another one that hits it's mark.

5 years ago In the Senate, a unanimous sentiment: Praise for Robert Byrd

Rather an odd thing to do by those whining the loudest about race.

And it should tell everyone what a farce the faux outrage 'race' is.
edit on 15-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
This thread! LOL.

Clearly we are among the most heinously persecuted conservative victims ever. There should be a mental health professional, a member of the clergy and an ambulance on standby.

Are we really pretending that race isn't a factor? I wouldn't even stop there — that's giving the far right too much credit. It's been nothing but unabashed vitriolic hatred with all sorts of bigotry-fueled accusations in the mix of insanity from the far right wingnuts: Kenyan! Muslim! Bisexual! Black Power Radical! Hate's Whitey! Wife is a man! (that was ALEX JONES, OFT SOURCED INSANE PERSON) Chicago THUG!

How many times has the comment been made that, "he only won because he got the black vote?" What is the conservative-PC word for that? "Low information voting." I imagine some of you don't get out as much as others but really? I hear racist crap about the president all the time when I'm out and people think they're in the right company.

Then there is this meme:

TAKE OUR COUNTRY BACK!

edit on 2014-7-15 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join