It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Other Southern Nevadans Hearing a mysterious Hum at Night?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Nope. No hum here on the west side. I tend to be out late watering my "garden" and the only strange sounds I've heard are the folks behind me having a blowout party the other night.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
Nope. No hum here on the west side. I tend to be out late watering my "garden" and the only strange sounds I've heard are the folks behind me having a blowout party the other night.

i am certain its the boring machine. You are on the opposite side of the valley. This is fast tracked. The machine runs 24/7. Though i would not doubt you could still hear it if you had sensitive hearing when its quiet at night

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Hello,

I live in Summerlin, a suburb of Las Vegas, Nevada, and about a year and a half ago, this low hum started waking me up in the middle of the night. At first, I thought there was a fire engine outside. I looked out the window and saw nothing. It sounds like that kind of engine - a low rumbling sound, definitely in the lower frequency range. I couldn't figure out where this noise was coming from.

I have gone from the bedroom to the living room, and there is no difference in loudness or intensity, however, it does sometimes stop for a split second. I tried locating the noise by going outside but couldn't hear it outside.

I woke up other people in the house, but none of them can or have ever heard it. I hear it every night. Sometimes I can sleep through it; other nights it wakes me up. If I have music or the TV on at night, I don't hear it until I turn off those external sounds.

During the day, there are other noises that mask it. but I can still hear it in the early AM hours when it is still relatively quiet.

Since I couldn't get any corroboration from others in my house, I started researching what this was or could be and came up with "The Hum" phenomenon, but I haven't read anything about Las Vegas being affected until you mentioned it. The closest city, that I read with this phenomenon, is Taos, New Mexico.

People have all sorts of theories - some having to do with Earth seismic activity others speculate that The Hum could be the result of low-frequency electromagnetic radiation, audible only to some people. Apparently, there are verified cases in which individuals have particular sensitivities to signals outside the normal range of human hearing.

And just for the record, I have never been a hypochondriac or been diagnosed with any kind of mental illness, and I wouldn't consider myself to be a highly stressed person. I know this is not Tinnitus, as that is apparently a ringing or pitch sound coming from inside the ear. This is definitely external. Also, if this were some kind of low frequency Tinnitus, I would continue to hear it everywhere. Again, I do not hear it when I am outside.

Anyway, it is very annoying when it interferes with getting a good night's sleep. It is 1:25 AM and I am listening to it now.

edit on 15-11-2014 by pairodocks because: grammatical error

edit on 15-11-2014 by pairodocks because: grammatical error

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The sound is from the ongoing wash project. It echoes through the various runoffs and drainage systems.

If you guys want to see interesting things watch the north side of the valley in the skies. That's where the action takes place.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Arpad

sandaura.wordpress.com...

There's a host of informative sight out there - some dating back to 2006. I took interest because I have also been hearing such through the night. This, is closer than close to the possible reason for such. By changing wires etc. I have so far damped such down

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join