It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Rapper Andre Johnson explains why he severed his penis"---HIS REASONING IS TERRIFYING

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Mods, I really think this is the best forum for this because of the spiritual turn the subject takes--feel free to move it if appropriate.

Back-story: CNN-4/17/2014 Rapper severs penis, jumps from second story

On April 17 2014 it was reported that that Andre Johnson (rap name Christ Bearer), from the rap group Northstar who is associated with the Wu-Tang Clan completely severed his penis and jumped from the second story. The news came out quickly because apparently TMZ was just "there" at the time and caught his friends' reactions.

Follow-up: CNN-7/152014 Rapper explains why he severed his penis

"I cut it off because that was the root of all my problems. My solution to the problem was the realization that sex is for mortals, and I am a god. ...Those kinds of activities got me into trouble, and I came here to be a god."

Many fellow ATSers of the Christian faith and/or religion, as well as many others, have expressed that spiritual negativity is openly on the rise nowadays. Some call it demonic possession, mainstream will always try and play it off as an internal things with no possibility of outside influence,spiriutal or otherwise. When I read the story back in April, my thought was that certainly the only reason a man who do that is because he frankly hates his member---[redacted b/c I mixed up rap groups]. My opinion changed to "demon".

Reading the follow-up scares the crap out of me. If I make light of it, it's because WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO DO? Katy Perry brunt at the stake wearing a cross on her chest? The re-idolization of Marilyn Monroe (see Pharr-El's video) who was the saddest most abused persona in Hollywood? Cutting off your penis because "sex is for mortals, and I am a god"?

My heart only changed this way in the last two years, before that I would go to satanic metal shows (not that all metal is bad, but there were rituals at the shows I went to,and these people meant it), listened to all sorts of music because well "its just music"(First to go was Zepplin and the Beatles, can't tell you how much it broke my heart but the Lord opened my eyes to many things). HOW WRONG WE CAN BE! The music industry (and not just in the US, people) is being overrun with people who are "Satanists". I use the quotes because, from my understanding of Crowley's works and LaVeyan Satanism (two huge influences on NEARLY EVERYTHING pop culture today), what we see today is a corruption even of that! Real Satanists are being mocked with this stuff too, not just Christians.

I thought a few of you might be interested to know that Johnson (hmmm) had a REAL reason behind his self-mutilation. I also am wondering if any rap fans out there would like to comment re: this subject or anything relating to the corruption of ALL the world's philosophies and faiths.

edit: Responders to my post did point out his drug use was concurrent with the event, and that it was pcp. Not the first time this drug has been associated with claims of godhood (and weird stuff like withstanding tasers and falls and whatnot. It is right to bring his drug use to light; my personal belief stays the same but ya'll made a really good point about discerning the multiple factors in a situation like this.
edit on 15-7-2014 by kismetpair927 because: correcting info; followup comment

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I for one am glad this idiot decided to cut off his penis.

What this world needs is fewer rappers and fewer rappers impregnating women.

That he survived his fall is a shame but at least he won't infest the world with his children.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: kismetpair927

haha!!

Well the real reason is because he's a dumbass...

Christ did say "IF a part of your body offends you, chop it off"

But you're not actually suppose to do it... geez

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
He has nothing to do with 3-6 mafia. He is a wutang affiliate. This happened becuase he did pcp and already had some mental issues.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Even though I've never heard of Andre I am a fan of wutang clan so I became interested in the story. PCP is a scary durg! I find it strange that he went by the stage name christ bearer he is such a religious fanatic. Although stupid I hope he mentally recovers so he won't become a threat to anyone else.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
He's an addict plain and simple.

He is using God and "fighting demons" as a defense for his drug use. He says he was using drugs but was completely in control. Uh-huh. He cut off his penis because that was the source of his problems (not the drugs). Uh-huh. He jumped from the second story in order to fight off the demons tempting him (not because he was out of his mind on drugs). Uh-huh.

Keep on keepin' on!

Wu-tang Clan ain't nuttin' to eff wit'

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: magnetik

omigosh will edit---total brain-fart!

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: kalunom
He's an addict plain and simple.

He is using God and "fighting demons" as a defense for his drug use. He says he was using drugs but was completely in control. Uh-huh. He cut off his penis because that was the source of his problems (not the drugs). Uh-huh. He jumped from the second story in order to fight off the demons tempting him (not because he was out of his mind on drugs). Uh-huh.

Keep on keepin' on!

Wu-tang Clan ain't nuttin' to eff wit'

There was a similar story about a teenager who went into the garden shed to take chemical entertainment. He cut off his own tongue and penis because he thought they were turning into tree roots and he didn't want to be "rooted to the spot"

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: kalunom

Just wondering about your personal thoughts on this: Could the drug use and "fighting demons" not work together? Using drugs like a catalyst? In no way do I think he was like, punching winged demons or anything. I think the REAL demons are in us, our regrets, pains, suppressed emotion, etc. Maybe taking a crazy drug like he must have would bring those 'demons' to the forefront of his consciousness---sort of like manifesting them in his own drug-addled reality.

I did also think it was bull that he said he was using AND in control. That's kind of not the point. Even if you think you're lucid, on those hard drugs, its not YOU in control.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

"I cut it off because that was the root of all my problems."

The root of all problems is separation from God. When we walk in love, we walk with God.

"and I am a god. ...Those kinds of activities got me into trouble, and I came here to be a god."

A person cannot be 'a' God, because there is one God that lives through us as we choose to live through Love.

"And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him." - 1 John 4:16

"He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love." - 1 John 4:8

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I can see why he did it from a spiritual perspective.

Maybe if he wasnt a junkie he would of thought about going to live in a monastery or something instead.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Ahhh mental illness, you have brought so many colourful people into our world.....

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
You know, I am all about faith...

But a weinerectomy...

Not so much.

"Cocaine is a helluva drug"... Rick James

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

But a weinerectomy...

Not so much.

Cocaine doesnt make you cut off your penis... it makes you stick your penis into someone else's love hole. Repeatedly. For a long time.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraternitasSaturni

originally posted by: madmac5150

But a weinerectomy...

Not so much.

Cocaine doesnt make you cut off your penis... it makes you stick your penis into someone else's love hole. Repeatedly. For a long time.

Now that's funny right there... I don't care who you are...

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Jumping from at least the third or fourth storey would have been more beneficial...

( To mankind.)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Drugs and self mutilation have been used religiously/ceremonially for thousands of years, the only reason its in the news is because there is the news. If his johnson (hehe) was a problem then he has saved many people from clamydia, but the real problem I see for him is that he couldn't fly

just saying

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: minusinfinity
I for one am glad this idiot decided to cut off his penis.

What this world needs is fewer rappers and fewer rappers impregnating women.

That he survived his fall is a shame but at least he won't infest the world with his children.

I feel you have betrayed your true feelings on the topic here...

Fewer rappers? is there really a pandemic of hiphop artists?

Is being a rapper intrinsically immoral?

Is the rapper gene passed on to children?

Do we need more folk like yourself? wishing death to other people because we don't like the music they make?....

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I saw this article on CNN this morning.
Scary. Just feckin scary.

Thanks for posting it...

- it was delusions of being god. Although PCP is a horrid thing. Cocaine would not prompt such self-harm. Ever.

That leaves: Mental illness + PCP + religion.
A deadly combination indeed.

edit on 7/16/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Mental illness is a sad thing. It could happen to anyone.
Drug abuse is self induced and wastes humanity.
Either way ... what a wreck of a human being.
I wish him future good health.
(and if this is from drug abuse I hope he learns better life choices)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join