It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

November Marks Deadliest Month of Iraq Combat for US Soldiers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
A web page dedicated to tracking coalition casualties, has identified November of 2004 as the deadliest month of fighting in Iraq. November's losses have exceeded those of April 2004.

April 2004 - 135 US dead, 0 UK dead, 5 Other dead=140
November 2004 - 137 US dead, 4 UK dead, 0 Other dead=141

So glad that we're done with major combat operations in that country. I couldn't imagine what the casualty counts would be like if we were still at war. Fortunately, I won't have to, though, because it is obvious that the Iraqi's have capitulated and are considering a 'sister' rose parade on January 2005 where they will decorate mortar, RPG and machine gun bearing technicals with roses and use them to adorn the feet of their saviours, the US Army.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The number of casualties will only grow larger in the coming months and years just like Vietnam. I know a lot of people say they aren't related but there are more similarities than there are not. Texan for a President, no reason to be there, not enough resources, more and more casualties, civilian population who hates us, no way out, etc.....

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Yeah it seems like the top brass really thought this one through before they made thier decision.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
IncognitoGhostman ships out to Iraq on Dec. 23rd.. Been in Georgia for final training. I wish him well.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
does anyone know where i can find out how many tanks, aircraft or armored vehicles have been lost?

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 87718
does anyone know where i can find out how many tanks, aircraft or armored vehicles have been lost?

I've hunted around quite a bit and I can't find anything on materiel losses either. Since tanks and bradleys don't have families, the Armed Forces probably uses that as an excuse not to publish the materiel losses. Also, it could allow an enemy to accurately gauge equipment strength.

**As an aside...apparently, one of the US losses has been resurrected with the casualty site reporting only 136 US deaths in November as of today.

top topics

join