It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry to introduce new medical bill in January

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
John Kerry sent out a email to all his supports, telling them he is going to introduce a new medical bill called Every Child Counts. Instead of him going to other senators for help with this bill, he is asking all his supporters to sign the Our Every Child is protected pledge. He is going to take those signatures and introduce this bill to congress. If you want to sign it, ithe web page is :johnkerry.com...

I think its a great idea.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
How recently was that posted on Kerry's site?

While I do think the thought of somehow giving every child in American health insurance is a beautiful concept I don't think it's going to be an easy one. Nor do I think it can realistically be implemented anytime soon.

Was this posted during campaigning? It's very hard to tell because much of the site is still in a pre Election Day mode, for example asking for contributions etc.

The last updates on the site seem to be the Fanueil Hall speech, so I'm just wondering when this petition was added.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
This was after the election, I recieved a email from the Kerry Campaign right before Thanksgiving break.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
While it might be nice for every child to have health care, I don't see that happening in the near future.
Just who do you think is gonna pay for all these wonderful programs? It's real nice to say "yes" to all these governement programs. But the government AIN'T paying for them. The tazpayers are! And this taxpayer says--ENOUGH

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Your right, I completely agree with you the tax payers pay for these programs. THe question everyone has to ask themselves is whats more important to spend the tax payers money? 200 billions went to the war in Iraq and the number is still increasing, a war founded on bad premises, a war costing lives, but was it worth it? We could have used that money for domestic issues, like healthcare for our children. Its a matter of whats important. Whats sad is in all the well developed democratic countries, the US has the biggest problem with health care. Most countries consider it a basic right to have health care, here in the land of the free only the people who can afford that luxury has health care.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
But the government AIN'T paying for them. The tazpayers are! And this taxpayer says--ENOUGH
Yet you have no problem with our billions in the Iraq war, correct?

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
We are in Iraq. We are spending tons of money. War is hell.

Don't think for a minute that if we were NOT in Iraq social spending whould necessarily increase. Many, if not most, taxpayers are not willing to pay any more in taxes to pay for more socail programs. Most taxpayers are falling lower and lower down the middle class ladder.
BTW, health care is not a right. Neither is education. I don't think either of those are in the Bill of Rights

top topics

join