It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO landing site? Meteorite crater? Scientists baffled by gigantic 262ft hole

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
New picture

Plekhanov on Wednesday traveled to the crater, some 30 kilometers (18.64 miles) from the Bovanenkovo gas field in the far northern Yamal peninsula. He said 80 percent of the crater appeared to be made up of ice and that there were no traces of an explosion, eliminating the possibility that a meteorite had struck the region.

edit on 7/17/2014 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Latest pictures !

siberiantimes.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
what if this was one of those domes in siberia that is supposedly a submerged alien ship and its woken up and flew off!

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Although it is very likely something natural...

I do think the smoothness of the sides leading up from the cavern is very odd, doesn't seem like an explosion would leave it that way, and if what 'exploded' out was water, i really think the 'exit'' detritus would not be chunked up the way it is - the water would have eroded it more...(imagine digging a hole, piling up the excess dirt and then it gets rained on smoothing it over)

The first thing that struck me was a bore hole - as if something in the cavern bored it's way out...although, again - highly unlikely...

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: iamhobo
New picture

Plekhanov on Wednesday traveled to the crater, some 30 kilometers (18.64 miles) from the Bovanenkovo gas field in the far northern Yamal peninsula. He said 80 percent of the crater appeared to be made up of ice and that there were no traces of an explosion, eliminating the possibility that a meteorite had struck the region.

Predator 2. Remember the blast off crater they left when they took off? could this be a blast out or boring laser that was being used?

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Happened to see this Curiosity rover picture. A lot of similarities to this hole in terms of material around the mouth and walls.

Curiosity

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Could you reference that photo? Cause that's pretty creepy, it would be good to have posted confirmation that it really did come from Curiosity..

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Here's a link to the area of Yamal:

goo.gl...

Could the hole have been a small pond or lake that completely froze over, expanded and cracked the bedrock, causing the water to melt and collapse the ground below?

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl
a reply to: jtma508

Could you reference that photo? Cause that's pretty creepy, it would be good to have posted confirmation that it really did come from Curiosity..

The pic is of a hole drilled by curiosity.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Out of all the different theories out there about what this hole is, the nuclear bomb testing theory seems to make a lot of sense to me.

I'll post the ling but basically these guys are saying that it might have been an old Russian nuclear bomb that was tested underground.

www.cipherverse.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
after seeing the curiosity photo above im now convinced it was an alien sampling device to check for resources and as this is a abundant area ,we are all screwed once the probe gets back to there scientists there gonna want earth gas

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join