It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Understanding of The Holy Trinity and how there are 3 but they are 1

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
From Biblical Research, this is how I understand the Holy Spirit to be. I made this thread for anyone who doesn't understand how The Holy Trinity (3) can possibility be One (1).

God is Pure Light without any darkness at all (1 John 1:5)
God is Love (1 John 4:8)
God is Fire (Hebrews 12:29)
God is The God of Peace and Love (2 Corinthians 13:11)
God is Eternal, Immortal, and Invisible (1 Timothy 1:17)

God who is invisible (also called The Father), create The Son (also called Jesus The Christ) which is the image of The invisible God and the first born of all creation (Colossians 1:15), creation is all existence. God *created* the Heavens and The Earth in the beginning (Genesis 1:1).

God is Spirit (John 4:24) and when God uses some of His Eternal Infinite Spirit to create another Spirit this is called The Holy Spirit. The physical body is just the temple for The Holy Spirit within the body (1 Corinthians 6:19). God is Life and used himself to create 'other' life forms. This is how The Holy Spirit is the temple for the body and how all of us have The Holy Spirit at the same time and are able to keep choosing to keep The Spirit (Love) within us to keep it Holy or to choose the Flesh (Hatred/Revenge/Selfishness) and become more and more unclean and corrupted (Galatians 6:8).

Jesus The Christ has never sinned, so The Holy Spirit within him is as pure as God himself, he was in the very nature of God (Philippians 2:6) and therefore Jesus Christ is Equal to God being the only 100% pure Spirit as much as God The Father (The Eternal Pure Light), because of This, His human body was also glorified BY his spirit - The Holy Spirit (100% pure spirit).

So God is 100% Pure Light (Father), when God first uses his Spirit to create another it is 100% Pure Light (Holy Spirit), and Jesus (Son) lived his entire life without sinning which means he kept his Spirit as The Holy Spirit 100% Pure Light.

There are 3 (The Eternal Pure Spirit, The Pure Spirit The Eternal Spirit Created, and The Pure Human body that never sinned). Purity is what keep The Trinity (3) as One (1).

edit on 15-7-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The Holy Trinity from my understanding is; The Supreme Being, The Messenger and The One... Go figure

edit on JulX61000 by MX61000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Sounds like a well thought out observation to me. I always think of the guy on Bill Mahr's Religiolous that plays Jesus at that Biblical theme park. He compared the trinity to water. He said water can be steam, ice, or just plain water.
So to me it seems that if something as simple as water can take on three different forms, why can't God?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
God who is invisible (also called The Father), create The Son (also called Jesus The Christ) which is the image of The invisible God and the first born of all creation (Colossians 1:15), creation is all existence. God *created* the Heavens and The Earth in the beginning (Genesis 1:1).

Traditional theologyrejects the idea that the Son was created, in the same way as everything else was created.
The Nicene Creed specifies "begotten, not made".
Part of the Biblical authority for that is "everything that was made was made through him" (John ch1 v3), which logically excludes him from "the things that were made" and shows that he was already exisitng when creation began.
However, the physical body of Jesus is certainly part of the created world, and the link between the created body and the uncreated Son is another of the great issues of theology.

I think you get a clearer light on the teaching of the Trinity if you start by studying the Incarnation, because one is the key to the other.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

I have always likened the Holy Trinity to some pre-biblical pagan beliefs of the Triple Goddess.

The Father = The Mother aspect
The Son = The Maiden aspect
The Holy Ghost = The Crone aspect

If I were a Christian, I would look at the Holy Trinity in much the same way I look at the Triple Goddess. Certain aspects come out for different purposes. For example, the Holy Ghost seems to be prominent when it comes to inspiring Christians and Jesus is prominent when it comes to love and forgiveness.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

There is no contradiction at all with John 1:3 saying he created all things and Colossians 1:15 saying he is the firstborn of every creature. In fact the very next verse agrees with John 1:3

Colossians 1:15-17
Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Jesus is the first born of every creature (created thing) and all things were created by him. Just like in a video game you can create a character and then do things, the invisible God did the same thing by creating His Image which is Jesus Christ and then through Jesus Christ all other things were done in creation (Heaven and Earth).
edit on 15-7-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

There is no contradiction at all with John 1:3 saying he created all things and Colossians 1:15 saying he is the firstborn of every creature. In fact the very next verse agrees with John 1:3

But "first-born of every creature" doesn't actually mean that he is to be included amongst the creatures.
Rather it means "born before any of them were made".
The "ALL THINGS" in John has to be taken seriously. If the Son himself were one of the created things, that expression would be wrong and would have to be replaced by "all except one", because he could not bring himself into existence.
Remember the word "through"; if things are going through a pipe, the pipe itself cannot be one of the things which are going through the pipe. If ALL created things are created THROUGH the Son, then the Son cannot be one of the created things, because he cannot be created through himself

If you were to say that the Son was begotten by the Father, instead of calling him "created", we would be in agreement.
Only the Arians and the Jehovah's Witnesses teach that he was created.

edit on 15-7-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Ok, then I'll just use the word "begotten".

Jesus is "begotten" as the image of the invisible God, and God created all things through him (the image) and then the image became physical and dwelt among us, never sinned as physical, was crucified, and then ascended from the physical in the same perfection (since he never sinned), continuing to be the perfect image of the invisible God, in the spiritual realm.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme
With that amendment, I think we're in agreement.
The real key to the mystery is "the Word became flesh", and everything else that is taught on the subject builds up around that.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
How I see it.

Me= How People see me.

Myself= How one views Themselves.

And, I. Who I really Am!

Ego can exist between Me/ Myself so one should have 2 different Ego's if one does not Lie to Themselves. As for the I, It is the Center on One's Being. Already knows Itself, yet hidden by the other 2. When Satan decided to Have a Talk to Eve, have her Part Take of The Fruit, introduced Self.

We could call Ego, Self and fair to do so. It hides One's True Self from Self or as some called Trinity. Really though, all Satan did was to Include Self, Something an Angel Could be upset about! Man having to bypass any Lesions in Life, No Hard Times, Trials, Tests even!

How could Man Actually Know Perfection if never Knowing the Other Side? So with that, who could have been misunderstood? We could say Satan Said, No Free Rides since He had to go Through everything above Himself! We could say God decided to Skip this and be done with it altogether.

Both Could be right/wrong really does not matter now! Bickering Between Angels and God, Being Perfect as some claim does seem to be an Issue in my book! Plus the idea of Wars in Heaven and in our skys long ago written in stone could mean God Might have Not Been the True God!

The word God has been Mis-understood! Or the idea we were Created in Gods Imaged, might have been, explains nothing But War we seem to be doing for so long. Yet, one Must watch Out for Evil, Beware of Evil and do Anything to STOP IT!

WHY? If one Learned of Evil, would you now Learn something real, maybe the Truth even? Yet to Keep Anything form yourself the Trinity Can Not Exist! Who Really Knows Evil? We are Taught what evil is yet without any understanding How Do You Know? Have your own eyes Seen It Yourself?

Or is it a Fear someone Created to Keep One from Understanding One's True Self? Worth Thinking About since most claim its The End Of Days.

Peace

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Our existence is a Trinity where 3 unique aspects join to create life. You have the invisible Spirit that animates the body, the mind or "image" that we see, and the visible body we inhabit and the physical universe around us.

Think of existence as a scale with negative (Spirit) on one side, positive (body) on the other, and at the center is the image where the visible and invisible meet and become one.

We are the "image of the invisible God" because we experience everything through the image we see.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

In the bible man is a trinity. Body, Soul, And Spirit.
Body is the flesh, Soul is of the mind, Spirit is from God.

edit on 15-7-2014 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Belcastro

Body (vessel and world), soul (mind/psyche), and spirit (spark within all life), a.k.a., Mother, Son, and Father. We are the Trinity and thus the Holy Spirit (God) experiencing itself.

We are both wave (spirit) and particle (body), we are the image and light (wave/particle) of God. We are both space (body) and time (spirit) a.k.a. spacetime. We are the catalyst for reality as the double slit experiment proves, if we are not there, things are not as they should be meaning we are the ones who shape reality through the act of observation.
edit on 7/15/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Body (vessel and world), soul (mind/psyche), and spirit (spark within all life), a.k.a., Mother, Son, and Father. We are the Trinity and thus the Holy Spirit (God) experiencing itself.

We are both wave (spirit) and particle (body), we are the image and light (wave/particle) of God. We are both space (body) and time (spirit) a.k.a. spacetime. We are the catalyst for reality as the double slit experiment proves, if we are not there, things are not as they should be meaning we are the ones who shape reality through the act of observation.

sorry i dont believe in babylonian mother goddess worship.
Its the same as Nimrod, his wife Semiramis who was a prostitute; who claimed to have a immaculate virgin conception; as where she was called the mother of God.
only later to be killed by her own son, after killing her own husband, and they Invented the concept of a Dark Feminine Moon and a Light Masculine Sun, also called the Ying and Yang in todays understanding.
edit on 16-7-2014 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1 didn't claim to be a Babylonian religious believer.

The purpose of this thread was to show that The Trinity (3) are One (1).

Love is The One (1) but the Pure Expressions are The Trinity (3)

Everyone is focusing too much on details which is causing discord.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1 didn't claim to be a Babylonian religious believer.

The purpose of this thread was to show that The Trinity (3) are One (1).

Love is The One (1) but the Pure Expressions are The Trinity (3)

Everyone is focusing too much on details which is causing discord.

I dont think Enlightened is a babylonian religious believer either, i just dont think that the user knows that Mother worship originated in babylon. I think Equating Mother, Father, and son is a continuation of the egyptian osiris, horus, and Isis. which was a continuation of babylon, and if you believe the bible then you understand the tower of babel, and then how tongues were changed, and how people were scattered. And in this way it makes sense to us that all of these false gods are babylonian in origin, with different languages and different names for their Gods.

As they say One God, the Father...... in the old testament God was angry because they were basically worshipping the Queen of Heaven.

I think it is Wrong to place the Mother as the same as the Father;or the son. Nowhere does it say that the holy spirit is Female. it has no biblical support of anykind. I dont believe that God was a transgender or was the embodiment of both male and female Dichotomy.

There is only one person that is called the mother of God; and thats the virgin mary. But she cannot be the "queen of Heaven." because how could she be married to both God and Joseph? The worship of the Mother goddess is babylonian.

I havent really seen anything in this thread that gives me an leaning towards a trinity.
Although man is made in gods image and he is a trinity.

But i dont think theres anyone that could explain the trinity.
edit on 16-7-2014 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

There are 3 (The Eternal Pure Spirit, The Pure Spirit The Eternal Spirit Created, and The Pure Human body that never sinned). Purity is what keep The Trinity (3) as One (1).

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

"This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:" - 1 John 5-6

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Infinity is the basis for everything and does not do 1's.

Everything is Infinite Fractals.

If Prime Creator exits the computer screen to the next Beyond, becomes a Child in the Next Creation.

Its Forever.

Now the traditional understanding is Holy Spirit, Mother, the Love and Compassion and Wisdom of Father/Mother God, or the Mother Energy and Son. Because the Holy Trinity in the Gnostic is a Family, as above so below. However not our lower primitive types, this is all Spirit, nothing Carnal.

I just feel there are so many ways of thinking on it, and in the end it doesnt matter.

Infinity does not do 1, it does infinite 1's in infinite variety.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
If you were to plug infinity into an advanced computer and ask if there could be 1 thing, the computer would cough up, infinite 1's, infinite variations of 1's, and then suggest a whole new thing, call it a 2, or call it XYG, it makes no difference, infinity would cough up infinite things, non things, weird and whacky things, and infinite varieties of all, and combinations forever.

Try to put that concept into an Infinite Consciousness.

I see God as the Tao, the Infinite Waters of Consciousness that Nourish all things and all the children growing up, but would never think of limiting avatars that could be available to Consciousness, because there simply are no limits.

Even the children or new fractals springing forth from the Infinite Oceans, would still be connected to that Consciousness and Higher Self, or a series of more progressed Higher Self, ie Mother/Father, Grandmother/Grandfather, so forth to ......God's Infinite Consciousness. If it was all truly fractal style the parts would also be the whole, but then again, we all contain the whole of infinity within us, the Whole infinite Universe and Beyond as it is.

So its actually very mind boggling and those who think they understand a Credo in a religious term, ie all the so called learned theologians and religious advisors to the all the boxes called various religions, I think should empty their cups a little.

Another thing the Tao I Ching says, its easier to journey or run with an empty cup than a full one.

ETA: Its still not the same thing in my mind at least, as speaking of infinite Gods, with a big G, as complex and infinitely diverse, as that Ocean of Consciousness is, wherein one understands that 1 Ocean is impossible, it still to me doesnt mean infinite "G" ods. There are infinite gods, but not "G" ods to me. For on Higher Levels, (where Higher is a concept of purer and less dense or frozen waves, less gravity from lightness and goodness of heart), the waters are still and deep and one can see to infinity and see ones reflection without distortion. So as we reach those greater waters, its still the mystery of diversity and infinity, nonetheless, there is a connection that is pure and Love between all, the space between each person is filled, and all storms upon the waters calm and still and that place one can sense the Unity of it all.
edit on 16-7-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join