It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gaza Bombardment - What You're Not Being Told

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask
Because if they openly did so in one big move theyd have the entire world against them .. instead they lie .. decieve .. bribe and play the victim card while pursuing their murdurous agenda ..
like all psychopaths they are not stupid.

Israeli lawmaker’s call for genocide of Palestinians gets thousands of Facebook likes

electronicintifada.net...

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Other countries are already are

I don't know if this off hand remark is supposed to be a joke or what but the countries drilling for oil in the US are there with permission, Israel is not, they planned the "retaliation" in 2008 around the fact that British gas wanted to buy the gas from Palestine, did you even bother with the link provided? So no it is not the same.
edit on 16-7-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
What you also are not being told is that iron dome is a failure. Every time it fails to intercept a rocket, the rocket is stated as having fallen in open areas. The last statistic that I saw which Israel put out is that 900 rockets were fired with 180 of them being intercepted. So we are to believe that 720 of them fell in open areas. If you go by the rockets that were not intercepted that is a 20% success rate. There have been no Israeli deaths because the air raid sirens go off, and everybody seeks shelter. What you are not being told is that iron dome is based on the patriot system. Both have to be facing in the general direction of the incoming rockets because it takes time to turn them around. If a massive bombardment occurred from the North as well as the South at the same targets, each battery could only intercept rockets coming from one direction. This is why Hamas announced the time of their attack on Tel Aviv. They wanted Hezbollah to launch an attack at the same time. Hamas only has a few people in Lebanon who can fire a few rockets. What you are not being told is that israeli commandos tried to enter Gaza to destroy a rocket launching site but were intercepted long before they could reach the site. They reported that four commandos suffered "minor injuries". Hell, they could be dead. Just as in Iraq and Afghanistan a soldier is not killed in combat if he dies in a hospital in a different country from where combat occurred. What you are not being told is that Israel requested the cease fire. Hamas has rejected it because they believe that they are winning.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Adaluncatif
What you also are not being told is that iron dome is a failure. Every time it fails to intercept a rocket, the rocket is stated as having fallen in open areas. The last statistic that I saw which Israel put out is that 900 rockets were fired with 180 of them being intercepted. So we are to believe that 720 of them fell in open areas. If you go by the rockets that were not intercepted that is a 20% success rate. There have been no Israeli deaths because the air raid sirens go off, and everybody seeks shelter. What you are not being told is that iron dome is based on the patriot system. Both have to be facing in the general direction of the incoming rockets because it takes time to turn them around. If a massive bombardment occurred from the North as well as the South at the same targets, each battery could only intercept rockets coming from one direction. This is why Hamas announced the time of their attack on Tel Aviv. They wanted Hezbollah to launch an attack at the same time. Hamas only has a few people in Lebanon who can fire a few rockets. What you are not being told is that israeli commandos tried to enter Gaza to destroy a rocket launching site but were intercepted long before they could reach the site. They reported that four commandos suffered "minor injuries". Hell, they could be dead. Just as in Iraq and Afghanistan a soldier is not killed in combat if he dies in a hospital in a different country from where combat occurred. What you are not being told is that Israel requested the cease fire. Hamas has rejected it because they believe that they are winning.

Thanks for telling us what's not being told
any thoughts on Israel stealing Gaza's gas and making a profit on it?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

a reply to: OpinionatedB

Other countries are already are

I don't know if this off hand remark is supposed to be a joke or what but the countries drilling for oil in the US are there with permission, Israel is not, they planned the "retaliation" in 2008 around the fact that British gas wanted to buy the gas from Palestine, did you even bother with the link provided? So no it is not the same.

my point is you say they planned the retaliation over 6 years ago.......

if this was really the plan dont you think it would have been executed much sooner?

I call bs on this contrived notion that this whole thing is for gas under palestine.....

Again if Israel really wanted to wipe Palestine out THEY HAVE THE MEANS......

but they havent, that should speak volumes

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: awakehuman

originally posted by: Expat888
Because if they openly did so in one big move theyd have the entire world against them .. instead they lie .. decieve .. bribe and play the victim card while pursuing their murdurous agenda ..
like all psychopaths they are not stupid.

Israeli lawmaker’s call for genocide of Palestinians gets thousands of Facebook likes

electronicintifada.net...

Thats great, and Hamas has a whole television show that comes on weekly that indoctrinates whole generations to hate and exterminate jews.......

Compare a few idiots from Israel to a lifestyle of indoctrination to martyrdom.......

if you cant see that for what it is then your common sense meter is fundamentally broken......

Stop making excuses for Hamas and stop ignoring those facts.......

You absolutely refuse to condemn Hamas for what they are doing and what they are instilling in the populace there, but you are quick to try and rake anyone in Israel over the fire....

Your agenda is clear....

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

No I did not say that the planned it 6 years ago, they planned operation "cast lead" around it, seriously did you even read the link? My god I seen you on a few threads now and you don't read the source material, hell I even put in parts for you to read myself to save time clicking on the links, this ain't a theory they are steal the gas plain and simple and selling it to British Gas.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

No I did not say that the planned it 6 years ago, they planned operation "cast lead" around it, seriously did you even read the link? My god I seen you on a few threads now and you don't read the source material, hell I even put in parts for you to read myself to save time clicking on the links, this ain't a theory they are steal the gas plain and simple and selling it to British Gas.

I can read just fine, I just dont agree with your assessment of whats going on, am I not entitled to do so?

I will however go and do some research on the subject from different articles and some other sources and read BOTH and see what conclusions I come up with

if you have issues with anything I post on other threads I suggest you refute them there........

Otherwise lets keep this discussion to this thread
edit on 7/16/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I can read just fine, I just dont agree with your assessment of whats going on, am I not entitled to do so?

if you have issues with anything I post on other threads I suggest you refute them there........

Otherwise lets keep this discussion to this thread

So show me evidence that they are not selling the Palestinians gas for profit then, I outlined quite clearly how they are, you are willfully ignoring evidence, otherwise it is not really a valid objection then is it?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Yeah I am convinced that Israel at the very least has responded with very disproportionate force. The civilian casualty rate (70%) and the ratio of Palestinian deaths to Israeli shows this objectively.

www.youtube.com...

A video from StormCloudsGathering about what is happening in Gaza at the moment.

It touches on the issue that there is 1 trillion cubic feet of gas under the Gaza strip that belongs to Palestine

The issue of sovereignty over Gaza’s gas fields is crucial. From a legal standpoint, the gas reserves belong to Palestine. The death of Yasser Arafat, the election of the Hamas government and the ruin of the Palestinian Authority have enabled Israel to establish de facto control over Gaza’s offshore gas reserves. British Gas (BG Group) has been dealing with the Tel Aviv government. In turn, the Hamas government has been bypassed in regards to exploration and development rights over the gas fields. The election of Prime Minister Ariel Sharon in 2001 was a major turning point. Palestine’s sovereignty over the offshore gas fields was challenged in the Israeli Supreme Court. Sharon stated unequivocally that “Israel would never buy gas from Palestine” intimating that Gaza’s offshore gas reserves belong to Israel.

The invasion plan of the Gaza Strip under “Operation Cast Lead” was set in motion in June 2008, according to Israeli military sources:

“Sources in the defense establishment said Defense Minister Ehud Barak instructed the Israel Defense Forces to prepare for the operation over six months ago [June or before June] , even as Israel was beginning to negotiate a ceasefire agreement with Hamas.”(Barak Ravid, Operation “Cast Lead”: Israeli Air Force strike followed months of planning, Haaretz, December 27, 2008)

That very same month, the Israeli authorities contacted British Gas, with a view to resuming crucial negotiations pertaining to the purchase of Gaza’s natural gas:

“Both Ministry of Finance director general Yarom Ariav and Ministry of National Infrastructures director general Hezi Kugler agreed to inform BG of Israel’s wish to renew the talks. The sources added that BG has not yet officially responded to Israel’s request, but that company executives would probably come to Israel in a few weeks to hold talks with government officials.” (Globes online- Israel’s Business Arena, June 23, 2008)

The decision to speed up negotiations with British Gas (BG Group) coincided, chronologically, with the planning of the invasion of Gaza initiated in June. It would appear that Israel was anxious to reach an agreement with the BG Group prior to the invasion, which was already in an advanced planning stage.

Moreover, these negotiations with British Gas were conducted by the Ehud Olmert government with the knowledge that a military invasion was on the drawing board. In all likelihood, a new “post war” political-territorial arrangement for the Gaza strip was also being contemplated by the Israeli government.

In fact, negotiations between British Gas and Israeli officials were ongoing in October 2008, 2-3 months prior to the commencement of the bombings on December 27th.

In November 2008, the Israeli Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of National Infrastructures instructed Israel Electric Corporation (IEC) to enter into negotiations with British Gas, on the purchase of natural gas from the BG’s offshore concession in Gaza. (Globes, November 13, 2008)

“Ministry of Finance director general Yarom Ariav and Ministry of National Infrastructures director general Hezi Kugler wrote to IEC CEO Amos Lasker recently, informing him of the government’s decision to allow negotiations to go forward, in line with the framework proposal it approved earlier this year. The IEC board, headed by chairman Moti Friedman, approved the principles of the framework proposal a few weeks ago. The talks with BG Group will begin once the board approves the exemption from a tender.” (Globes Nov. 13, 2008)

www.globalresearch.ca...

I urge anyone with half a brain cell to watch the video and read the link, there is a lot more than just the stealing of land going on.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

Not to undermine the OP but there is major disinformation going on here!

Gaza is not being hit in retaliation for the 3 kidnapped/murdered Israeli teens as the OP video states. The kidnapping and murder happened in the West Bank, not Gaza. After the bodies were found, Israel didn't just go and start pounding Gaza as some here would have you to believe... Hamas launched rockets and Israel hit those launch sites. After Hamas escalated rocket fire to 100+ per day, Israel continued to hit those launch sites in addition to targeting the homes of Hamas leadership.

Is disinformation not breaking T&C?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

Not to undermine the OP but there is major disinformation going on here!

Gaza is not being hit in retaliation for the 3 kidnapped/murdered Israeli teens as the OP video states. The kidnapping and murder happened in the West Bank, not Gaza. After the bodies were found, Israel didn't just go and start pounding Gaza as some here would have you to believe... Hamas launched rockets and Israel hit those launch sites. After Hamas escalated rocket fire to 100+ per day, Israel continued to hit those launch sites in addition to targeting the homes of Hamas leadership.

Is disinformation not breaking T&C?

Show me where I said that?? Isn't calling members out off topic against the T&C's?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

AS i said mate...... I didnt talk about you sosobad!

I specifically refered to the youtube video...

as the OP video states

And this is messed up, thats all! the video is disinfo! not you sosobad. But you are backing it knowing the facts that i stated above! thats all mate!

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

AS i said mate...... I didnt talk about you sosobad!

I specifically refered to the youtube video...

as the OP video states

And this is messed up, thats all! the video is disinfo! not you sosobad. But you are backing it knowing the facts that i stated above! thats all mate!

Did you read the rest of the OP? That is where I got started on the gas issue and it is not lies, evidence is right there as to what is happening. The video has that info included.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Thanks for the sadly informative awakening.

I wish that humanity realize the most precious non-renewable resource is our LIVES!

LOVE

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: awake1234
Thanks for the sadly informative awakening.

I wish that humanity realize the most precious non-renewable resource is our LIVES!

LOVE

I think we have a long way to go before we realize that, thanks for your comment.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
great....it's so good to know that firing hundreds of rockets into someone else's territory is not the reason for this...its about the gas fields....so....Hamas should have the freedom to fire as many rockets as they want to into Israel...go ahead Israel....let Hamas continue to fire rockets, after all that's what the UN wants, and, so what if an Israeli or two gets killed, it can't possibly make up for the thousands of years of repression dealt upon the Palestinians

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I am 61, and this middle east "war on peace" has been going on since I can remember.....they do not want peace, because they have a thousand years worth of revenge to draw from...so...they will keep killing each other.....words have no meaning anymore in that region....they will simply have to become exhausted from killing each other before it ends...everybody should just step back and let the bloodbath happen...cruel and inhumane thinking?...absolutely....but nobody is going to end this except themselves, and they still have alot of killing they want to do.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
great....it's so good to know that firing hundreds of rockets into someone else's territory is not the reason for this...its about the gas fields....so....Hamas should have the freedom to fire as many rockets as they want to into Israel...go ahead Israel....let Hamas continue to fire rockets, after all that's what the UN wants, and, so what if an Israeli or two gets killed, it can't possibly make up for the thousands of years of repression dealt upon the Palestinians

I was simply putting the issue forward that Palestines gas is being stolen from them (a resource that the Palestinians could use themselves and put the money into their infrastructure) and being sold on for a profit by Israel. I never implied that the violence now is because of this. Israel is encroaching on their land and stealing their national resources for gain. You might not like the reality of that but it is happening.

And I agree that words have no meaning there anymore, there will be no end to the violence anytime soon.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join