It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gaza Bombardment - What You're Not Being Told

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

A video from StormCloudsGathering about what is happening in Gaza at the moment.

It touches on the issue that there is 1 trillion cubic feet of gas under the Gaza strip that belongs to Palestine

The issue of sovereignty over Gaza’s gas fields is crucial. From a legal standpoint, the gas reserves belong to Palestine. The death of Yasser Arafat, the election of the Hamas government and the ruin of the Palestinian Authority have enabled Israel to establish de facto control over Gaza’s offshore gas reserves. British Gas (BG Group) has been dealing with the Tel Aviv government. In turn, the Hamas government has been bypassed in regards to exploration and development rights over the gas fields. The election of Prime Minister Ariel Sharon in 2001 was a major turning point. Palestine’s sovereignty over the offshore gas fields was challenged in the Israeli Supreme Court. Sharon stated unequivocally that “Israel would never buy gas from Palestine” intimating that Gaza’s offshore gas reserves belong to Israel.

The invasion plan of the Gaza Strip under “Operation Cast Lead” was set in motion in June 2008, according to Israeli military sources:

“Sources in the defense establishment said Defense Minister Ehud Barak instructed the Israel Defense Forces to prepare for the operation over six months ago [June or before June] , even as Israel was beginning to negotiate a ceasefire agreement with Hamas.”(Barak Ravid, Operation “Cast Lead”: Israeli Air Force strike followed months of planning, Haaretz, December 27, 2008)

That very same month, the Israeli authorities contacted British Gas, with a view to resuming crucial negotiations pertaining to the purchase of Gaza’s natural gas:

“Both Ministry of Finance director general Yarom Ariav and Ministry of National Infrastructures director general Hezi Kugler agreed to inform BG of Israel’s wish to renew the talks. The sources added that BG has not yet officially responded to Israel’s request, but that company executives would probably come to Israel in a few weeks to hold talks with government officials.” (Globes online- Israel’s Business Arena, June 23, 2008)

The decision to speed up negotiations with British Gas (BG Group) coincided, chronologically, with the planning of the invasion of Gaza initiated in June. It would appear that Israel was anxious to reach an agreement with the BG Group prior to the invasion, which was already in an advanced planning stage.

Moreover, these negotiations with British Gas were conducted by the Ehud Olmert government with the knowledge that a military invasion was on the drawing board. In all likelihood, a new “post war” political-territorial arrangement for the Gaza strip was also being contemplated by the Israeli government.

In fact, negotiations between British Gas and Israeli officials were ongoing in October 2008, 2-3 months prior to the commencement of the bombings on December 27th.

In November 2008, the Israeli Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of National Infrastructures instructed Israel Electric Corporation (IEC) to enter into negotiations with British Gas, on the purchase of natural gas from the BG’s offshore concession in Gaza. (Globes, November 13, 2008)

“Ministry of Finance director general Yarom Ariav and Ministry of National Infrastructures director general Hezi Kugler wrote to IEC CEO Amos Lasker recently, informing him of the government’s decision to allow negotiations to go forward, in line with the framework proposal it approved earlier this year. The IEC board, headed by chairman Moti Friedman, approved the principles of the framework proposal a few weeks ago. The talks with BG Group will begin once the board approves the exemption from a tender.” (Globes Nov. 13, 2008)

www.globalresearch.ca...

I urge anyone with half a brain cell to watch the video and read the link, there is a lot more than just the stealing of land going on.
edit on 15-7-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

Their is always "movers & shakers " weaving their webs of terror ...all for what? Material gain in this life?
Its sad really that people would sacrifice life for such a temporary pleasure.

Have your pleasure all you spiders ! For my poverty in this life will only make me rich in the Next!

~LSH

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Follow the money the main reason behind any war. Gotta admit Israel has some real balls trying to sell something that doesn't belong to them. I wonder if the Israeli government can be sued for fraud.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Follow the money the main reason behind any war. Gotta admit Israel has some real balls trying to sell something that doesn't belong to them. I wonder if the Israeli government can be sued for fraud.

I was in shock that they are doing this and so openly so, the evidence is all over the internet about it. Why have they not been called out on this by the international community?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Then there's the Dick Cheney linked Genie Gas which is about to start up in the Golan Heights another contentious area...

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
OP, the embed problem happened because you tried to link the YT list which follows the second equals sign. The video number is after the first = sign. Here it is below.

There are no more words left in me. I just wish that the Second Coming would happen soon so we and they can be done with all of this.

edit on 15-7-2014 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface
OP, the embed problem happened because you tried to link the YT list which follows the second equals sign. The video number is after the first = sign. Here it is below.

There are no more words left in me. I just wish that the Second Coming would happen soon so we and they can be done with all of this.

Thank you very much, I could have spent all night trying to figure it out and be none the wiser

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
OMG! didn't know that about the gas.

the crazy thing is that the World is watching it all happen without any feeling.

there are many who will justify the killings of a civilians and even claim Israel has rights to use the gas, that they support the Palestinians, that they send them aid, that they offer them blah blah blah but in turn evil terrorists are using Palestinians as human shields and hiding rockets in hospitals, playgrounds, schools, wherever -

if there's a Palestinian civilian killed it was not because of Israel, no no...

it's because they were on the way of the rocket that targeted militants, rockets, explosives etc. and evil dark souled terrorists are using them as a human shield.

come Palestinians, come to Israel: for new life!

we send message before we kill you and your family!™

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
www.theguardian.com...

"But in 2007, a year before Operation Cast Lead, Ya'alon's concerns focused on the 1.4 trillion cubic feet of natural gas discovered in 2000 off the Gaza coast, valued at $4 billion. Ya'alon dismissed the notion that "Gaza gas can be a key driver of an economically more viable Palestinian state" as "misguided." The problem, he said, is that:
"Proceeds of a Palestinian gas sale to Israel would likely not trickle down to help an impoverished Palestinian public. Rather, based on Israel's past experience, the proceeds will likely serve to fund further terror attacks against Israel…
A gas transaction with the Palestinian Authority [PA] will, by definition, involve Hamas. Hamas will either benefit from the royalties or it will sabotage the project and launch attacks against Fatah, the gas installations, Israel – or all three… It is clear that without an overall military operation to uproot Hamas control of Gaza, no drilling work can take place without the consent of the radical Islamic movement."

so...rather than watch their enemies get more $ for weapons Israel is protecting it's interests. Good for them.

edit on 15-7-2014 by works4dhs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: works4dhs
www.theguardian.com...

"But in 2007, a year before Operation Cast Lead, Ya'alon's concerns focused on the 1.4 trillion cubic feet of natural gas discovered in 2000 off the Gaza coast, valued at $4 billion. Ya'alon dismissed the notion that "Gaza gas can be a key driver of an economically more viable Palestinian state" as "misguided." The problem, he said, is that:
"Proceeds of a Palestinian gas sale to Israel would likely not trickle down to help an impoverished Palestinian public. Rather, based on Israel's past experience, the proceeds will likely serve to fund further terror attacks against Israel…
A gas transaction with the Palestinian Authority [PA] will, by definition, involve Hamas. Hamas will either benefit from the royalties or it will sabotage the project and launch attacks against Fatah, the gas installations, Israel – or all three… It is clear that without an overall military operation to uproot Hamas control of Gaza, no drilling work can take place without the consent of the radical Islamic movement."

so...rather than watch their enemies get more $ for weapons Israel is protecting it's interests. Good for them.

It does not belong to Israel, period. It is Palestine's gas, they cannot dictate what Palestine does with it and Israel is actually making a profit from it, that doesn't fall within the lines of "protecting it's interests" it is robbery, did you even read what is happening over this gas?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing .. I hope you thread will survive

edit on 15-7-2014 by awakehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
'Israel after Gaza natural resources'

God forbid Israel, you might have to share a small piece of the earth with your neighbor.

edit on 15-7-2014 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

I was in shock that they are doing this and so openly so, the evidence is all over the internet about it. Why have they not been called out on this by the international community?

Because theyve got the international community paid off .. intimidated and brainwashed...

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888

originally posted by: sosobad

Because theyve got the international community paid off .. intimidated and brainwashed...

Couldn't agree more, imagine if it was Iran doing the same thing, they would have dropped some serious "democracy" bombs on them by now.
edit on 16-7-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   

"Why have they not been called out on this by the international community?"

US blocks all UN resolutions against Israel.

edit on 16 7 2014 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Why this thread is so silent ?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: awakehuman
Give it time .. the israeli internet defense forces are still working up the propaganda to excuse their mass murder for profit..

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: awakehuman
Why this thread is so silent ?

People must be afraid of the truth.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   
You know, I always loved the not so subtle operation dubbed Cast Lead. As though they were casting the lead role in a grand play. By way of deception.....

But, but, but....it's all about rockets and settlements!
edit on 16-7-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend

"Why have they not been called out on this by the international community?"

US blocks all UN resolutions against Israel.

It's the Golden Rule standard. He who has the gold, makes the rules. Israel is a pet project for would-be gods and don't have to follow the rules of mere mortals.
edit on 16-7-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join