It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yahoo Has Hijacked My Browser.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I use Mozilla, but Yahoo keeps appearing in Mozilla search. Then Yahoo becomes my browser. I can't delete it, and revert to Mozilla. Can anyone help please?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
These two links should provide you with the help you need:

Set home page : support.mozilla.org...

Setting Firefox as the default browser does not work - What to do : support.mozilla.org...

And if that doesn't work try this method - restoring Firefox to its factory default state : support.mozilla.org...
edit on 15-7-2014 by Alundra because: forgot 3rd link

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
yahoo search opening in ff?
change preferences in edit tab

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Yahoo still has a browser? I thought it was discontinued in like 2005. I actually liked their browser back the day over I.E.
It should be listed as SBC Applications when you go to control panel and the go to add or remove programs. Just delete that from there and you should be fine.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Stop clicking on buttons.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This happened to me yesterday; I do not know how this happened, but i suspected HP printer installation bloatware. Maybe it is from elsewhere though, since it happened to your computer on about the same day. Anyway, i ran a virus scan, and found .pup files that were malware hijacking my mozilla. So i removed them and restarted, and we are back to good old google default start page.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I never log into AT&T when I search for things or it steers me to what they think I want to see. Same with Google. I use Ccleaner to clear cookies before I search.

When I want to find research from Europe, I log into the UK Yahoo browser or a couple of other ones that have English.
edit on 15-7-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I feel for you. Yahoo regularly hijacks my chrome broswer and makes itself the home page at least 1 time per month. Strange this is I do not even read Yahoo or use my yahoo email. It may be associated with malware as well. I.e. I have had malware attack my browsers and do other stuff but also make Yahoo the homepage for some reason lol.

I hope the mozilla links somebody provided clear it up for ya. Whenever it happens to me I just run my Anti-virus and switch the default back.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This happened to me as some add-on attached to a pdf reader I downloaded.

It would not go away no matter what preferences I changed.

I had to go in and delete everything I downloaded on that day.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Ive had Yahoo as a home page for the better part of 8-9 years now. Are you saying YAHOO resets as your HOME PAGE? I dont think I ever have seen a YAHOO browser. Im confused.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Do you mean the yahoo toolbar?

If you go into firefox's add-ons:

Tools / Add-ons

You should see a list of the add-ons you currently have installed. The yahoo toolbar should be there, along with a button to uninstall it.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I run CCleaner every night....as well as Malwarebytes.

I cannot tell form what you're saying if your browser default keeps changing or your browser is being hijacked.
I got a PUP the other night that kept trying to install some google thing I didn't download.
Malwarebytes kept removing it....my virus protection finally blocked it.

FWIW, it seems there's an awful lot of crap that comes along with everything you download these days....and download.com seems to be really a candidate for these free rides.
It's gotten to the point, I run scans any time I download ANYTHING....

join