It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10,000 Year Old Rock Paintings Depicting Aliens And UFOs Found In Chhattisgarh, India

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: awakehuman

We are not alone in the universe. That's a good thing. Personally, I don't think humanity as a whole has been successful. We seem to destroy our environment and life for the benefit of money and corporations which obviously don't care.
edit on 17-7-2014 by kranskik because: typo

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
The only thing that has been proven is for at least 10,000 years people are bad drawers.

I would take exception to that statement.
First, there's no official "10,000" years date associated with these paintings that I've been able to find. I believe such verification has been asked for previously in this thread - haven't seen it yet.

Second, I'd wager they could draw as well as you
30,000 year old cave art - Chavaux Cave, France:

Look at those alien cave bears!

Alien lions.

EDIT: Realizing I may have misunderstood your post, I should add this:

If you meant to say people 10,000 years ago had "bad drawers," then I'd have to agree that there is a high probability of that being true.

Harte
edit on 7/17/2014 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Very cool. Reminds me of the book "Chariots of the Gods".

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
At the end of the day they are just rock paintings. We know little about the people who painted them so no one can say with confidence that the know exactly what they depict.

Ancient alien enthusiasts will say that the figures are E.T's. Archaeologists will say that the figures are gods. And unless we build a time machine and go back ten thousand years and quiz the artist we can only assume what or who these figures represent.

For all we know rock art could be the caveman equivalent of a drive in.
edit on 17-7-2014 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
What? What is this depicting? Hey I'm the first to say ufos on many occasions but this is just funny.

I'm going with monkeys. India's full of them, yeah some type of monkey drawn by the artist. The feet? Feet? Just feet.

Please get back to some good old sightings OP. This is just ludicrous in the beer can on Mars department.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The figures clearly resembles that of a gray alien. One is even holding a wand like weapon that is supposed to paralyze the opponent. Much like Valleeś ID theory.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
ah well then, I'v given the Prime Minister my assurance that You'r on the case.....

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

Hey Harte.

I'm honestly down for finding a simple and logical explaination for these, but why Rama?

What in these paintings links them to Rama? I don't know much about him, but based on my preliminary research, this geeza is the 7th incarnation of Vishnu, isn't represented similar to any of the paintings and his associated weapon is the Bow and Arrow.

Also, have you seen the bloody bell-shaped floating object above the deer? I've only just noticed this lol. What the hell is that meant to represent, symbolically?

These paintings are literally begging for it man. Everyone knows the three classically reported 'UFO shapes' are saucer/bell/cigar. They couldn't have fallen better within a modern context lol.

But seriously, symbolically, what is that human trying to tell us?

Was it to signify an idea of one of their deities providing them the gift of animals? Does this shape hold any significance in ancient Indian or Hindu belief?

What's weird is we have one entity depicted with great detail regarding the head and the body and even posture such as bent knees, and alongside it a continuous depiction of featureless, dome-headed people with weird hands and feet.

It was intended. That's for sure. Turban? Logical and possible but why no facial features...why weird bodily features?

The 'official' site for these conveniently ignores putting any description on them other than 'ancient figures', and then for the group of featureless people says its related to the history of RAM?

There is no link lol. I don't get it. How has this been concluded?

It is ironically more simple and logical to assume they are depictions of mantis-headed/grey aliens, since we actually have people today saying they've seen four-fingered/web-footed mantis headed entities.

In fact, my friend witnessed one/a group of them on a certain shamanic substance, with absolutely no prior cognitive exposure to the concept. He also doesn't REMEMBER facial features.

I will tell the story in detail to anyone interested. It's fascinated me to this day because I sat beside his body for those 5 or 10 minutes.

His body thrashed about, grabbing his head with his hands and screaming '#! #!'. His consciousness was however completely disconnected from the body at that point.

He had told me prior to taking the natural substance not to disturb him prematurely from the 'trance' under any circumstances. I honoured my word and I'm glad I did because so is he.

Could that be a cause of these? Sacred substances/altered states of consciousness? That in itself opens up a whole new field of questions. Back to the 'Spirit Molecule' I go
edit on 17-7-2014 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DazDaKing
a reply to: Harte

Hey Harte.

I'm honestly down for finding a simple and logical explaination for these, but why Rama?

What in these paintings links them to Rama? I don't know much about him, but based on my preliminary research, this geeza is the 7th incarnation of Vishnu, isn't represented similar to any of the paintings and his associated weapon is the Bow and Arrow.

I don't know. I already told you I don't know much about Rama and any symbology that might go with him.

I just read it somewhere.

You seem curious. I provided a little info for you to base a google search on, that's all.

Also, have you seen the bloody bell-shaped floating object above the deer? I've only just noticed this lol. What the hell is that meant to represent, symbolically?

These paintings are literally begging for it man. Everyone knows the three classically reported 'UFO shapes' are saucer/bell/cigar. They couldn't have fallen better within a modern context lol.

But seriously, symbolically, what is that human trying to tell us?

Was it to signify an idea of one of their deities providing them the gift of animals? Does this shape hold any significance in ancient Indian or Hindu belief?

What's weird is we have one entity depicted with great detail regarding the head and the body and even posture such as bent knees, and alongside it a continuous depiction of featureless, dome-headed people with weird hands and feet.

It was intended. That's for sure. Turban? Logical and possible but why no facial features...why weird bodily features?

I'm not in the least qualified to interpret paintings done on stone in the ancient (or semi-ancient) past. I would surmise that symbology involved in any particular case would not necessarily correlate with symbology in another case; or even possibly any other symbology anywhere. IOW, context is everything, I would think.

The 'official' site for these conveniently ignores putting any description on them other than 'ancient figures', and then for the group of featureless people says its related to the history of RAM?

There is no link lol. I don't get it. How has this been concluded?

This site is crashing my browser. Maybe I'll get back to you. Meantime, here's a link:doubtfulnews.com... in-indian-cave-art-nope-aliens/doubtfulnews.com...

Worth reading.

The site linked in the OP is not to be believed.

Harte

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Karthik1981
a reply to: SheopleNation I am Indian myself my friend. The turban wearing tradition is more prominent in the North-western and the northern planes, where the dusty wind blows. And Indians have been wearing that headgear to protect themselves from such dusty winds.

Well that certainly throws a monkey wrench into my suggestion, so who knows. I have never had an encounter, but I have seen many strange things in the sky. Anyway, I do love me some good Indian food. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation

originally posted by: Biginalabama
Back then they painted what they saw, all you have to do is look at the shape of the heads and bodies to know what ever these things are, they are not Human.

They most likely indeed are human, because Indians have worn Turbans on their heads for thousands of years my friend. Nothing could resemble an alien head anymore than that.

Think about it? It makes perfect sense. Course, that does not mean that I am right, cause I am not even fully convinced either way.

As much as I want to believe, None of us can ignore the fact that these paintings look like ancient Indian elders who are wearing Turbans on their heads. ~$heopleNation

As an Indian, I can tell you for a fact that Indians most certainly haven't been wearing turbans for thousands of years. I am also a tad surprised that you failed to mention the 'fact' that we've also been charming snakes out of baskets for the same duration.

It's one thing to be lack knowledge about other cultures and traditions, quite another entirely to present one's misguided perceptions of an entire race as 'facts'.

Here's a link that might help improve your perception: en.wikipedia.org...

While turbans were utilized by a great many race and sects, most prominently, the mughals, prehistoric cavemen certainly weren't wearing any.

I shall try to uncover more information on the paintings, since the site is 'closer home', than for most members.

In the meantime, try not to come up with anymore assumptions about my country and it's people.

Sincerely.
edit on PMFri, 18 Jul 2014 18:56:05 -050007201475631America/Chicago by Armonite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

originally posted by: aboutface
Forgive my lack of imagination here, but it looks like a blurry depiction of people to me. It's too difficult to make out any details, imo.

so obviously one must jump to

"OMG ALIENS"

This is ATS, if such conclusions disturb/offend you may be you would be more comfortable on another site like Huffington Post.........

I would be shocked NOT to see such hypotheses on ATS.......

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: awakehuman

The first group of saffron-robed figures strongly suggests a group of Buddhist arahants paying homage to the Buddha. Such scenes, in the form of frescoes on the walls of caves or temple image-houses, are found all over the Buddhist world, and some of them are very ancient.

The second image could easily be part of a Buddhist mandala, though there's barely enough left of it to tell.

The third image could be just about anything. Doesn't look Buddhist; looks much older and more primitive than the other two images.

Carved footprints are commonly found all over the Indian subcontinent, and are particularly associated with Buddhist shrines.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DazDaKing

Because when you ask a barely-literate Hindu bureaucrat in some godforsaken 'tribal region' in the backwoods of India to tell you about something old, he'll say it's about Ram, or depicts Ram, or is Ram. The king of Ayodhya, the seventh avatar of Vishnu, the hero of the Ramayana is the most popular divinity in India, and the one with whom the most legends are associated.

(post by SheopleNation removed for a manners violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join