It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Female Says Connecticut Logo Promotes Rape

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Now they are taking shot at beloved Uconn Huskies, both the the men and women were National basketball champions this year the NCAA.

When will the madness stop? First the Redskins and now some Sandra Fluke wannabe is railing against the Husky that represents Connecticut5 sports. Here is the logo and you tell me if after you look at it, you have a sudden urge to go on a rape rampage:

buzzpo.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

Huskies are happy and friendly pups and when I see a photo or a cartoon of one it makes me smile. How someone can take a picture of or depiction of one and twist it around is something I don't understand, unless she is a victim of said crime and suffers from PTSD perhaps?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Eh ???? Just looked at the logo .. nothing wrong with it .. rather nicely done from look of it ..
She'd probably complain about the ronald mcdonald statue outside mcdonalds as well ..

some people .. not happy unless they can make everyone around them unhappy with their idiocy .. recommend she go see a shrink ..

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

She must just have rape on the brain.

edit on 7/15/2014 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Actually, she's not railing against the Husky logo. She's complaining that the behavior of some of the male students is being ignored. Read the actual letter here:
Open Letter to UConn President

These are serious marks against both our athletic program and our university as a whole — marks that, other than a decision made by Coach Kevin Ollie to suspend Wolf indefinitely, have gone unaddressed, unmentioned, and unacknowledged by UConn authorities. What does this timeline say when juxtaposed with your justification? It beckons the question, what does UConn do with marks like these? The answer appears to be: we turn them blue and shape them into something new.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
MURRIKAA with a touch of feminist extremism...sad that this even made the news.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I can think of matriarchal societies who worshiped goddesses associated with animals far more "aggressive" than a husky.

For her to say that a powerful animal represents her feeling powerless then perhaps she should stop using a field mouse as her totem. It's a sport. Sports are competitive. A husky is pretty mild compared to a dragon or even an owl.

I feel sorry for her past but I hope she gains a more empowering perspective soon as her current one does nothing to serve her as a woman.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
That husky looks like its about to start humping my leg.
I can't believe I'm with the crazy drugged out commie on this one

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

So one girl thinks the huskies' logo promotes rape and wrote a letter and it becomes a piece of propaganda to bash the left? Did the news cover this? Interesting commentary. "Sandra Fluke wannabe?" What does that even mean? Oh, I see. Just an excuse to go off on some college kid, in the most distasteful and repugnant way possible, just like that slimeball Rush Limbaugh did to Sandra Fluke.

If you do a little research on Luby, you find that she has made all kinds of accusations about being drugged and molested. In one instance, she claims she was drugged. The hospital did find drugs in her system but said that no sexual assault occurred. Alcohol was found in her room.
She later sued the university over claims that they ignored her requests to train students on the dangers of being sexually assaulted while studying overseas for study in conjunction with the university. This was based on what she claims were 2 sexual assaults against her. She never reported any assaults, nor did she tell anyone she was assaulted.
What other symbols are intimidating?

In other news, real things are actually happening in the world.

Also, here's an excerpt from her open letter.

Instead of giving these problematic aspects of male athletic peer culture at UConn a second look or a giving the real face of athletics a true makeover, it appears that the focus of your administration is prioritizing the remodeling of the fictional face of the Husky Logo. Instead of communicating a zero tolerance atmosphere for this kind of behavior, increasing or vocalizing support to violence against women prevention efforts on campus in the face of such events, or increasing support to student run programs that seek to work with athletes on issues of violence as well as academic issues, it would appear that your administration is more interested in fostering consumerism and corporatization than education and community.

and here's the quote that has been twisted and sensationalized by the propaganda site:

Well President Herbst, the new Husky logo may not be capable of frightening small children, but the face of real life UConn athletics is certainly capable of frightening college women.

Yeah. She sounds really out there. Expressing radical thoughts about how the administration are more considered with brand identity and superficiality than addressing an issue involving their students?

Somebody better start a smear campaign to shut this "feminazi" up! Have people no shame? This girl rights a thoughtful, well composed letter to the administration of her university and disgusting cowardly aholes seize on an opportunity to insinuate that she lies about being sexually assaulted just to have a quick propaganda piece? UGH.

edit on 2014-7-15 by theantediluvian because: because, propaganda

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

"Liberal Female Says Connecticut Logo Promotes Rape" ???

Now, I suppose my name is ... "Ima Racist" ???

-
OBSERVATION:

Hospitals have Brain-Scanners ... ( and drug-tests )

edit on 15-7-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Seems that the whole argument is being missed.

“New University Visual Identity Program” which will make UConn the school’s new “wordmark” with a unified appearance, and will require a change in the Husky Dog logo from its current mascot to a more “powerful and aggressive” looking logo. In your Second State of the University Address, you spoke to the reasoning behind this re-branding and logo change, and these justifications left me overcome by waves of anger and frustration.

On June 21st 2012, UConn Men’s basketball becomes the first BCS school team to face a postseason ban based solely on low APR (Academic Progress Rate) scores.

On October 6th 2012, Lyle McCombs is arrested on charges of second degree breach of peace for a domestic violence dispute in which he was, “yelling, pushing, and spitting at his girlfriend” during an argument outside a residence hall.

On February 11th 2013, Enosch Wolf is arrested on charges of third degree burglary, first degree criminal trespassing and disorderly conduct when he “refused to leave” a female student’s apartment, “grabbed the hair of the victim and pushed her head” and “knocked the glasses off the victim’s face with his hand.”

On March 21st 2013, Tyler Olander is arrested for trespassing in a structure or conveyance while on Spring Break in Panama City, Florida.

So instead of addressing and handling the team's anti-social violence problem, they make their mascot more intimidating. It does seem to support the "bad ass" attitude of their athletes.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

And I though us Brits only had the crazys

What a stupid woman

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItCameFromOuterSpace

She must just have rape on the brain.

Exactly.

No sane persons would think rape at that.
edit on 15-7-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Read the actual letter she wrote. She isn't saying the logo will cause rape. She had a legitimate complaint, and used the logo as a talking point.

Instead of giving these problematic aspects of male athletic peer culture at UConn a second look or a giving the real face of athletics a true makeover, it appears that the focus of your administration is prioritizing the remodeling of the fictional face of the Husky Logo. Instead of communicating a zero tolerance atmosphere for this kind of behavior, increasing or vocalizing support to violence against women prevention efforts on campus in the face of such events, or increasing support to student run programs that seek to work with athletes on issues of violence as well as academic issues, it would appear that your administration is more interested in fostering consumerism and corporatization than education and community. Another example of this shift in priorities can be seen in the current administrations selection of the new logo — a selection made with no involvement from or consultation with the normal, everyday, non-Olympian student body:

edit on 15-7-2014 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

And I though us Brits only had the crazys

What a stupid woman

Seriously? Don't believe the hype. This is the line from which the title is derived (source above):

Well President Herbst, the new Husky logo may not be capable of frightening small children, but the face of real life UConn athletics is certainly capable of frightening college women.

Tell me who the crazy person in this scenario is?

The person who said that, the person who twisted it into this, "Liberal Female Says Connecticut Logo Promotes Rape," or all of the people who are willingly spreading this lie?
edit on 2014-7-15 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Where are all these crazy loons coming from???? They gotta be coming from the same gene pool. Time for some DNA testing!
How does a graphic of a dog promote rape?
edit on 15-7-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
That is the craziest crock of crap I have heard this week. I wonder if she just wants attention or if she was traumatized and bitten by a neighbor mans husky dog once. I mean, clearly there can be no other reason . She is grasping at straws here.

On a side note I have been talking with my husband he says that on the radio they have been playing these commercials that display any kind of manliness in concern with women in a negative light. One has a guy and a gal drinking at a bar, the girl and guy are both enjoying themselves when her friends come up out of nowhere and say "we got to go" guy says in a deep manly voice "it's okay i'll take her home" "oh no, her friends say, she is coming with us" meanwhile the girl does not offer up any objections to going home with him.

Date rape, rape period is horrible and yes it does happen but these commercials seem to assume that any man who acts like a man is going to rape a women. This is bs,seems to be all part of a larger plan to de-masculate men and turn all women into victims because you know there is a war on them and such and such.

Men can not tell a lady she looks pretty anymore without it being sexual harassment? Apparently bars are now off the table of places to go to pick up women? It has only been happening for decades you know, but no more, all men are evil, rapists, yadda yadda.

I just have to say that for the average women, manliness in a man is more than appreciated, please do not stop being men.

Back to the craziness at hand. What the heck is sports without intimidation, tea time? From the article it sounds as if she has serious problems, if she was raped before then maybe she simply needs help to cope with her extreme paranoia of the opposite sex.

edit on 15-7-2014 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
People don't seem to read, maybe a new thread is in order. The title should read "Steven Ahle, a man with zero reading comprehension and compulsive liar, distorts woman's letter. ATS overlooks the content of the real letter in favor of ignorance."

I am not grumpy this morning I swear. And yes, I will admit that I have made the same mistake. I'll read what the OP wrote and comment before reading the rest of the posts, but that is how ignorance is spread so we should all be more conscious of it.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
People don't seem to read, maybe a new thread is in order. The title should read "Steven Ahle, a man with zero reading comprehension and compulsive liar, distorts woman's letter. ATS overlooks the content of the real letter in favor of ignorance."

I am not grumpy this morning I swear. And yes, I will admit that I have made the same mistake. I'll read what the OP wrote and comment before reading the rest of the posts, but that is how ignorance is spread so we should all be more conscious of it.

I have to admit my gut reaction was "another dummy" but I always take time to click links and do a TINY bit of research, which came to the conclusion that this woman is complaining about the RAPE CULTURE she feels is happening on the Huskies team and being covered up. She used the logo as a passing talking point, not the main point and the "media"(and ATS apparently) in this case chose to just go "HA she thinks a logo promotes rape, what a moron, she must be a liberal"

Believe me, I hate liberals as much as the next guy, but this isn't the case here. She is a women with a complaint who's letter is being DISTORTED, and all of you commented aren't even doing the slightest bit of research before putting your foots in your mouths.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
These feminazi type are taking it way too far these days. Don't get me wrong, I completely agree with the original ideology of feminism, but it seems like after they got everything they wanted in the first phase of protests they got bored and ran out of things to demand, so now you have all these women who got touched by dad/uncle/6th grade teacher etc, and they want all "triggers" removed from society. And if they do have PTSD symptoms, yes, I do feel bad for them... but for Christ's sake, get some therapy and leave everyone else alone. Why should society have to change to suit you?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join