It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Obama Administration: "We've ‘Substantially Improved the Tranquility of the Global Community’

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:36 PM
a reply to: Krazysh0t
I have suspected that for a long time, along with police and border patrol.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:36 PM
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It's easy. I'm 31 years old, and have lived in Texas all my life.

I see the exact same things as I did as a kid. Plenty of Mexicans, legal and illegal... plenty of drugs, legal and illegal, prostitutes easy to find if you're willing to go slumming... it's been this way my whole life, and I've seen no indication that it's getting any worse.

Texans won't allow our state to be infiltrated out in the open. If there's 97 guns for every 100 citizens in this country, then there's more than a 1:1 ratio in this state.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:46 PM
a reply to: pl3bscheese

When was the last time you walked or even drove through a ghetto in Houston, Dallas, or any other city in Texas? Just because cartel shenanigans aren't at your doorstep is no reason to believe that the threat isn't growing. All you've given me is anecdotal evidence and that means jacksquat. I've given you articles, statistics, and testimonials from law enforcement that says that you are wrong. You clearly need to educate yourself on this issue, because your state is going to be one of the first to fall if these cartels gain too much power in this country. I imagine that political corruption from the cartels in Texas is probably through the roof.

These aren't your average street gangs that we are dealing with here. These "gangs" are more like actual organizations with much clout and buying power. They know they cannot get away with the same stuff they can south of the border, so they act more sneakily about it. But make no bones about it, they are still operating in your area and doing real damage to your state and fellow citizens who live in your state.

To be honest, I didn't know such apathy still existed when it comes to the cartel problem. Especially from someone who lives in Texas. Your whole damn illegal immigration problem is largely due to cartels shipping them over the border by the boatload. Go deny some ignorance then come back and tell me that the cartels aren't a problem.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:09 PM

That's why we call him DroneBomba

Such a pillar of peace ...

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:17 PM
a reply to: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Omg, they are delusional,

They are NOT delusional. The electorate is...

These types of outrageous statements are right out of the Bush/Cheney/Rove playbook... This administration is merely perfecting the practice.

God help us all.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:24 PM
His definition of "tranquility" is vastly different from my understanding

This guy is so far out of touch I feel like he's from another dimension.....

Seriously Einstein would be confounded by this guys perception of reality

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:46 PM
Some people have delusions of grandeur in their head.

Others are just full of #.

Take your pick here.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:02 PM
a reply to: loam

They are saying exactly what works. Oh, sure, there will be outright disbelief among many who use the internet for something other than the newest version of Tank Wars...

But for Joe Sixpack? He, and many of his neighbors, still believe that the President, whoever he maybe, has his hands firmly on the controls. Domestic issues? He's got an idea about what to do. Foreign Policy? He's the man. That belief is deeply ingrained and not to be shed lightly.

The fact that it's never been true, is beside the point.

Delusional is, perhaps, the wrong word. Willingly blind, maybe? 'cause otherwise, it's a big scary world out there, and there's no one keeping it out.

Never underestimate the average citizens, of whatever nation, ability to ignore things that would unsettle their lives were they to acknowledge them...

Every four years is sufficient for them to pretend to have a clue.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:58 PM
I strongly recommend that if anyone hasn't watched 2016: Obama's America, they do so. It makes clear why things that are happening now are occurring and to what end. It's rather prophetic, since it was produced in 2012 and based on D'Souza's book released in 2010.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:48 PM
a reply to: FlyersFan

Meanwhile, back in the Oval Office...

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:58 PM
The Audacity of Hope?

They have the audacity to say crap like that, and hope the people are too stupid to realize it's a load of bull#.

Tranquility, like the quote from Princess Bride. "You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means."

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:02 PM
Hope Obama doesn't share all that tranquility in my neck of the woods.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:10 PM

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
His definition of "tranquility" is vastly different from my understanding

This guy is so far out of touch I feel like he's from another dimension.....

Seriously Einstein would be confounded by this guys perception of reality

LOL, good line Maskie!

add a little NLP and more obamanaughts will be ditto heads I'm afraid
though there will be some Palestinians, Libyans, and Syrians, and Russians, Africans, Columbians and Ukrainians...
etc, etc etc....etc...etc....etc...etc...etc...etc...etc...
.....who will not be affected by the jedi mind control tricks;
those will have to be shot.
as obamas secret foreign policy czar the creator of the Taliban, and certain other like minded groups, Zbigniew Brezinski recently said:
(I paraphrase) " its cheaper to kill a million then to brain wash them into believing what you want"

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:21 PM
For the love of you guys ever stop complaining about EVERYTHING Obama does or says?

If he said "I had a burger for lunch", you guys would be like "He didn't have cheese! He must be a muslim with no birth certificate from Kenya because real Americans put cheese on their burgers! RAAAAAAA!"

Have you ever wondered why when then Obama admin says or does something worthy of ridicule and scorn no one listens to you? Because you all are the boy who cried wolf and you whine like a bunch of 14 yr old girls that don't get their way.

How about you guys relax, take a break and go get a cheeseburger.....cuz real Mericans eat frickin' cheese!

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:23 PM
Screw the global conunity they can do fine without us. How about fixing things at home, this lot is like watching a episode of Benny Hill, no disrespect to Benny.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:26 PM
a reply to: sheepslayer247
yes, of course SS...
I ment to be criticizing the teleprompter he reads from.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:27 PM
300,000 New illegals among some 12 million agree 100%.

China and India agree... Among others....

The American people?

Who cares what they think, they can either be phased out, or become a compliant, submissive and obedient member of the "global community".

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:54 PM

If you're going to the internet expecting to not hear people complain about the president you're going to have a bad time. Always has been, always will be, regardless of race, gender, ideology, whatever, kinda comes with the job.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:36 PM

originally posted by: FlyersFan
OH. MY. GOD. They actually said that. The Obama administration believes it has 'substantially improved the tranquility of the global community.' Sited as reasons why they want people to buy into that line of horse poo ... the administration is taking positive credit for what they call "actions that advanced American interests the negotiated removal of the Assad regime’s “declared” chemical weapons (CW) stockpile, and mediation in recent days between “two competing presidential candidates in Afghanistan, who were prepared to sort of take that process off the rails.”

Somehow those two things 'substantially improved the tranquility of the global community'.

I should point out that America didn't negotiate the removal of Assads chemical weapons ... Russia leapt on an offhand snide remark by John Kerry about Assad getting rid of chemical weapons that wasn't supposed to be taken seriously.... but Putin took it and ran with it. Putin gets credit for that. And as for the presidential candidates in Afghanistan? WHAT? No one has heard of this and most of the planet doesn't care.

WH: We've ‘Substantially Improved the Tranquility of the Global Community’

White House press secretary Josh Earnest said Monday the Obama administration’s foreign policies in a number of areas have enhanced the world’s “tranquility” – a word that raised eyebrows as reporters pointed to situations in Gaza, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Ukraine and the South China Sea.

More than one reporter during Monday’s press briefing referred to a front-page Wall Street Journal article highlighting some of those crises, and citing security strategists as saying “the breadth of global instability now unfolding hasn’t been seen since the late 1970s.” “How does the White House react to the notion that the president is a bystander to all these crises?” asked Fox News’ Ed Henry, citing the widening gaps between the sides in the Iranian nuclear talks, the conflict in and around Gaza, and the Syrian civil war.

“I think that there have been a number of situations in which you’ve seen this administration intervene in a meaningful way, that has substantially furthered American interests and substantially improved the, uh, you know, the – the tranquility of the global community,” Earnest replied.

So what has the Obama administration done to 'substantially improve the tranquility of the global community'??

- Bombed Libya and overthrown the gov't.
- Bombed Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Bombed Pakistan and Yemen.
- Tried to get into a major war in Syria .. 'We the people' stopped him.
- Supported the Muslim Brotherhood takeover in Egypt ... then Egypt got smart and kicked them out.
- IRS targeting of Obamas enemies and political parties the administration disagrees with
- International spying on a magnitude never before seen.
- Benghazi and blaming Nakoula Basseley Nakoula when it was the fault of the Obama administration.
- Stalking the free press ... AP and James Rosen.
- The hacking of Sharyl Attkisson’s computer (CBS)
- Covering for his buddy Holders Perjury (Rosengate)
- ATF “Fast and Furious” scheme.
- The racist Pigford scandal
- Sebelius violates the Hatch Act
- Solyndra
- Obama interjecting himself from the Oval Office when he shouldn't ... the Boston incident that lead to the 'beer summit' and the 'If I had a son he'd look like Trayvon' crap.
- Holders luv affair with the New Black Panthers .. letting them off on voter intimidation and with calling for the death of Zimmerman.
- Does NOTHING to stop the massive flow of illegals into the USA and is putting a severe drain on our resources.
- Has left the borders wide open to anyone who wants to come in ... be they illegals looking for work, or drug cartels, or international terrorists.

How about it planet Earth? Does the Obama administration raise your tranquility level?
Does it do it substantially as they claim? How about even a little bit?

i laughed my ass off when i heard that.

don't forget the caliphe and pali vs israel.

afghanistan is slipping away, too.

the fact is, that there are many core screw ups and consequences from them, it's insane.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:16 PM

originally posted by: EverydayInVA

If you're going to the internet expecting to not hear people complain about the president you're going to have a bad time. Always has been, always will be, regardless of race, gender, ideology, whatever, kinda comes with the job.

I can agree with that. It's not unreasonable to expect a lot of criticism towards the president, no matter who is in office. That's not the issue here.

The issue I have is that almost everything this president does ends up being the hottest outrage for the people that dislike Obama. It winds up on the radio, TV, thousands of blogs are produced and there is a thread parroting all of it from top to bottom. A lot of times the outrage is created by taking things out of context or complete partisan conjecture that conveniently makes false correlations and sometimes the facts are purposely left out to incite that outrage.

It's one vast political smear/propaganda machine and as someone that studies propaganda and really bothers me to read how many people not only fall for it, but perpetuate it even further.

So if you want to criticize the president...I'm with ya. I have my issues with him as well. But constantly bashing us over the head with this propaganda is getting old and when the president really crosses a line, many people will not be willing to look in to it because they will think it's just the outrage machine at work again.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>