Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Obama Administration: "We've ‘Substantially Improved the Tranquility of the Global Community’

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
+12 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
OH. MY. GOD. They actually said that. The Obama administration believes it has 'substantially improved the tranquility of the global community.' Sited as reasons why they want people to buy into that line of horse poo ... the administration is taking positive credit for what they call "actions that advanced American interests the negotiated removal of the Assad regime’s “declared” chemical weapons (CW) stockpile, and mediation in recent days between “two competing presidential candidates in Afghanistan, who were prepared to sort of take that process off the rails.”

Somehow those two things 'substantially improved the tranquility of the global community'.

I should point out that America didn't negotiate the removal of Assads chemical weapons ... Russia leapt on an offhand snide remark by John Kerry about Assad getting rid of chemical weapons that wasn't supposed to be taken seriously.... but Putin took it and ran with it. Putin gets credit for that. And as for the presidential candidates in Afghanistan? WHAT? No one has heard of this and most of the planet doesn't care.

WH: We've ‘Substantially Improved the Tranquility of the Global Community’

White House press secretary Josh Earnest said Monday the Obama administration’s foreign policies in a number of areas have enhanced the world’s “tranquility” – a word that raised eyebrows as reporters pointed to situations in Gaza, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Ukraine and the South China Sea.

More than one reporter during Monday’s press briefing referred to a front-page Wall Street Journal article highlighting some of those crises, and citing security strategists as saying “the breadth of global instability now unfolding hasn’t been seen since the late 1970s.” “How does the White House react to the notion that the president is a bystander to all these crises?” asked Fox News’ Ed Henry, citing the widening gaps between the sides in the Iranian nuclear talks, the conflict in and around Gaza, and the Syrian civil war.

“I think that there have been a number of situations in which you’ve seen this administration intervene in a meaningful way, that has substantially furthered American interests and substantially improved the, uh, you know, the – the tranquility of the global community,” Earnest replied.

So what has the Obama administration done to 'substantially improve the tranquility of the global community'??

- Bombed Libya and overthrown the gov't.
- Bombed Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Bombed Pakistan and Yemen.
- Tried to get into a major war in Syria .. 'We the people' stopped him.
- Supported the Muslim Brotherhood takeover in Egypt ... then Egypt got smart and kicked them out.
- IRS targeting of Obamas enemies and political parties the administration disagrees with
- International spying on a magnitude never before seen.
- Benghazi and blaming Nakoula Basseley Nakoula when it was the fault of the Obama administration.
- Stalking the free press ... AP and James Rosen.
- The hacking of Sharyl Attkisson’s computer (CBS)
- Covering for his buddy Holders Perjury (Rosengate)
- ATF “Fast and Furious” scheme.
- The racist Pigford scandal
- Sebelius violates the Hatch Act
- Solyndra
- Obama interjecting himself from the Oval Office when he shouldn't ... the Boston incident that lead to the 'beer summit' and the 'If I had a son he'd look like Trayvon' crap.
- Holders luv affair with the New Black Panthers .. letting them off on voter intimidation and with calling for the death of Zimmerman.
- Does NOTHING to stop the massive flow of illegals into the USA and is putting a severe drain on our resources.
- Has left the borders wide open to anyone who wants to come in ... be they illegals looking for work, or drug cartels, or international terrorists.

How about it planet Earth? Does the Obama administration raise your tranquility level?
Does it do it substantially as they claim? How about even a little bit?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
A few hours ago - The White House tries to 'walk back' the tranquility claim ... tries to blame biased news sources ... but the fact remains that they did try to claim it.

Salt Lake Tribune - New spokesman walks back ‘tranquility’ claim

Earnest, mentioning the disposal of Syria’s chemical weapons, Secretary of State John Kerry’s mediation of Afghanistan’s electoral dispute and progress in recent negotiations with China, argued that "there have been a number of situations in which you’ve seen this administration intervene in a meaningful way that has ... substantially improved the — you know, the tranquility of the — of the global community."

Tranquility? Where, in Iceland?

"Did you really believe that this president’s foreign policy has contributed to what you called the ‘tranquility of the global community’?" ABC News’ Jonathan Karl asked.

Earnest backtracked a bit, declining to repeat his tranquility claim. When Karl mentioned the Journal article again, Earnest tried to discredit it by saying, "They’re not exactly an impartial source." But the article was the product of the Journal’s news section, not its right-wing editorial page.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Maybe they think if they say it people will believe it, and it will raise his ratings.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Don't forget that he has done literally NOTHING to address the growing power of the Cartels south of our border. Cartels that are creeping into our country faster and faster every day. These organizations have destabilized Central America and have kept it that way.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
You know what?

People will believe this, because it's easier to feel good with lies, than to hear the dirty truth of it all.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Someone from the media will parrot this remark. "We've ‘Substantially Improved the Tranquility of the Global Community’

Later, the Obama administration will say, "Hey! Even the media say's we've substantially improved the tranquility of the global community!"

Someone on ATS will start a thread on how the Obama administration has substantially improved tranquility of the global community. They will source the news article that parroted what the administration stated, without offering a shred of proof otherwise.

This will get Tweeted or Faceblogged. And the media and the administration will use this as their talking points for the next election.

Politics 101
Second semester. How to "Saul Alinsky" a nation of idiots.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I laughed and I laughed and then, I laughed some more. Then I fell off my chair.

It's actually funnier than the Nobel Prize and almost as stupid. Tranquility huh? War is peace, hate is love, wrong is right, bad is good, so I guess apprehension is tranquility. Of course that's using the WH twisted version of reality ;-)

Cheers - Dave
edit on 7/15.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Do you really believe that? Where do you live? Do you think a cartel can run free in a major city in the US like it does a border town in Mexico?

I don't think so.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

FF.

I'm only half joking when I say this but:

This POTUS has probably one of the worst track records in foreign affairs of any recent POTUS. His decisive inaction is probably what's led to them thinking they have helped.

Since America has kept it's hands out of the cookie jar as of late, I can imagine it's been a bit more docile.

Present and ongoing international issues excluded.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Seriously true. The border is on melt down, the cartels have free run over the border, we are literally being invaded, and the guy is off for a two week vacation at Marthas Vineyard again . He'll be here in town on Thursday. (day after tomorrow). He's still out campaigning and making pretty 'yes you can' speeches while the country dissolves. He has to want it to happen. There can be no other explanation. I saw a few articles speculating on the UN coming in to resolve the border crisis .. the freak'n U.N. !! He must want to give our sovereignty away.

edit on 7/15/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

Do you really believe that? Where do you live? Do you think a cartel can run free in a major city in the US like it does a border town in Mexico?

I don't think so.

Who said anything about running free or operating in the open?
U.S. soldiers accepting cash, drugs for Mexican drug cartel contract hits

Maybe you can explain why you don't think the Cartels located south of our border aren't a growing concern for us. Keep in mind this article is about the GLOBAL community, not just the US.
edit on 15-7-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Reality Check: the cartels are not free to do as they please in the US as they are in Mexico.

The cartels go into a local town in Mexico and chop off the heads of those who dare cross them. That doesn't happen here in the US. Cartels are not doing public beheadings of our senators, or police chiefs.

That would be the cartels running free.

No, what the influence the cartels have now, is the same influence they've had for DECADES. They bring drugs in, and we consume them.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Do you think a cartel can run free in a major city in the US like it does a border town in Mexico? I don't think so.

Go visit southern California and talk to the cops there. Then get back to us.

Cross Border Gangs and Mexican Drug Cartels Gaining Hold on California

Mexican Drug Cartels Moving Deep Into USA

Mexican Drug Cartels in USA are a Time Bomb

By letting them have free run into this country, it makes them stronger. That destabilizes Mexico and South America even more. The money the drug cartels make here, goes down there and is used against the law abiding citizens. The Obama administration not turning off the free flowing border causes the exact opposite of 'tranquility' in Mexico and South America.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

That's been going on for decades. There is no indication of escalation. Just ridiculous propaganda.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I don't need to. I live in Texas and travel all around the state.

You're absolutely correct that our policies here affect the cartels in the south. I just think focusing on the border is besides the point.

We need to restructure our drug laws. Starve them at their source of income.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Edward Snowden did more to allay my fears of losing my mind than they ever did, and although his revelations have caused me to feel a lot of anger and outrage, tranquility is close to impossible with all the utter violence going on almost everywhere in the world.

Credit where credit is due in a way: I did hear about Afghanistan and how the citizens feared it would descend into rapid chaos because of the election result claims. Saw a couple of Afghani interviews to that effect, so I do give the US credit for that, although I doubt they used diplomacy but rather resorted to bribery and intimidation since both claimants were rather forceful about winning.

Political chest thumping is never pretty or called for. We can't accuse them of having an abundance of humility, eh?
edit on 15-7-2014 by aboutface because: typos

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

There is no indication of escalation. Just ridiculous propaganda.

Go read the links I provided. Then read these ...
US Sheriffs Warn of Growing Mexican Drug Cartel Operations Deep Inside the USA

Oh look ... when I was a kid we visited the Colorado Rockies and the national forests there. No drug cartels back then. Looks like that's changed. Denver Post - International drug cartels infiltrating Colorado's national forests

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

That's been going on for decades. There is no indication of escalation. Just ridiculous propaganda.

Sheriffs warn of violence from Mexican cartels deep into interior of U.S.

“These cartels are so sophisticated. They’re getting affluent white teenagers to help them encrypt their software; they do digital money-laundering, can hack into government databases and actively recruit our agents to keep one step ahead. The rest of America is just now getting a taste of what we’ve been dealing with for years,” Mr. Fleming said.

He estimates that cartels have infiltrated more than 3,000 U.S. cities and are recruiting local gangs, former prisoners and teenagers to do their dirty work.

“There’s no doubt they’re spreading themselves very rapidly and very deep into our U.S. interior,” said Mr. Fleming, who directed the documentary “Drug Wars” and has testified before Congress about the drug trade.
Sheriff Page said Rockingham County has jailed 194 illegal immigrants on criminal charges since 2010. Of those arrested, 10 were released and later rearrested. Six were deported only to re-enter the country, re-establish themselves in his neighborhood and get rearrested.

If you think that all is fine with the cartels, you are sadly mistaken. This threat is growing bigger and bigger every day. While it may not be to the point where it could destabilize our country, it damn well is at a point where we can recognize it as a serious threat and nip it in the bud before it gets too out of hand. Yet newspapers are reluctant to massively report on this issue. If they did that, it would detract from the immigration reform issue (also closely tied to the cartel issue). The fact that you think this is a non-issue goes to show that MSM's priorities concerning the cartels is WAY off base.

ETA: What I want to know is why you think that the cartels have to operate just like they do in Mexico and further south for them to be a problem. Just because they aren't holding public executions in the US doesn't mean they aren't up to their eyeballs in illegal activity (that goes beyond just drugs).
edit on 15-7-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
" Obama Administration: "We've ‘Substantially Improved the Tranquility of the Global Community’ "

They're using the standard talk the opposite to deflect routine.

Old trick, new listeners.

But wait, the Globalists love all the turmoil don't they.

The "Global Community" is only a select few.

I think he read the wrong speech to the wrong group !!

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Omg, they are delusional,
what planet they been living on?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join